My Brother...

ArmyBengal

Actually I have been checking in, because it's words like the ones written here by good people that help. I can honestly say that it's nice to come on here and see the kind words written. Things are really rough at this point, but we are getting through. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, they are greatly appreciated...

When Mrs. Scottish was taken from me a couple of years ago through cancer I was given a book, it was entitled "tough times don't last - tough people do". Although I've never read the book the title alone gave me strength.

You will have some great memories of your brother and the times you spent together - those can NEVER be taken from your mind or your heart.

All the best AB - thoughts & prayers are with you and yours - if you need a sympathetic ear at anytime then please just shout.

I feel your loss. My Brother died of heart failure at the age of 42 back in February.

I also lost an Aunt in January, and my Step Dad in March of this year.

No farewell words were spoken.

No time for good-byes.

You were taken so suddenly.

And only God knows why.

R.I.P.

And may God carry you and your family through this awful time in your lives.

One of the best things about this forum is that we're like family. When one celebrates, we all celebrate. When one mourns, we all mourn.

At a time like this, please know that we all mourn with you.

Please know that you and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

I hope I'm not being preachy, but this helped me in a time of mourning in my life. Hope it helps.

Wisdom 3:1-6 But the souls of the righteous are in the hand of God, and there shall no torment touch them. In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure is taken for misery, and their going from us to be utter destruction: but they are in peace. For though they be punished in the sight of men, yet is their hope full of immortality. And having been a little chastised, they shall be greatly rewarded: for God proved them, and found them worthy for himself. As gold in the furnace hath he tried them, and received them as a burnt offering. And in the time of their visitation they shall shine, and run to and fro like sparks among the stubble.

so sorry to hear of your loss, words cannot describe my sentiment well enough... best wishes to you and your family...

I lost my older brother to cancer in January and I can't tell you how many times since then that I thought about calling him to chat. The key to me is that I still think about him a lot.

I think I know a little about what you are going through.

I wish you the best and send my sincerest condolences.

Geez, AB I'm really sorry. Be thankful for the time you had with your brother.

My eldest brother (12 years my senior) was murdered in 1995 when he was 35. Very heartbreaking. Sad as it may seem, I was able to spend his last 2

days on this earth with him while he was on life support. I hadn't seen him or spoke to him for almost a year before this happened. What I and my family learned form this tragic event, was to make sure you keep in touch, make sure they know in one way shape or form how you feel about them. Because you truly never know. Sometimes life gets in the way and before you know it....a year goes by, and another. I know it is so hard for you right now and as time passes your pain will get better and you'll laugh about him more than you cry over him.

Sorry to hear the bad news ab... Me and my families prayers go out to your family today.

Just checking in to read some more nice words. Thanks again to everyone here. My brothers friend, who also died in that accident had his funeral yesterday and it was so sad. Today is my brothers and I would have prefered to stay in bed for the day, but found myself unable to sleep. I'll be happy when today is over and I'm sleeping again !!! Thanks everyone...

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm back in Sioux Falls now and I just wanted to take a minute to say THANKS to all the people that were praying for us.

This is yet another reason I love this site. Truly good people who care about what happens to others during hard times.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN !!!

WHODEY !!!

Well, I'm back in Sioux Falls now and I just wanted to take a minute to say THANKS to all the people that were praying for us.

This is yet another reason I love this site. Truly good people who care about what happens to others during hard times.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN !!!

WHODEY !!!

If you grieve, we grieve Mark.