Little League

gregstephens

Not sure this counts, but my boy had a good day on his 7 year old coach pitch game today. His team was held to two hits through four innings. Kid opens fifth with a double, someone moved him to third, and my boy punched in the first run of the game for his team, leading to a four-run rally. They still got creamed, because this team was awesome on stick and glove, but the coach's fussed over his RBI. He felt good. Proud papa.

Not sure this counts, but my boy had a good day on his 7 year old coach pitch game today. His team was held to two hits through four innings. Kid opens fifth with a double, someone moved him to third, and my boy punched in the first run of the game for his team, leading to a four-run rally. They still got creamed, because this team was awesome on stick and glove, but the coach's fussed over his RBI. He felt good. Proud papa.

Good memories made huh? I remember playing as a kid in the old "Knothole" little league. I couldn't hit to save my life! :rolleyes:

That's great, baseball is a wonderful sport. Taught me a lot about life. Mostly how to be a leader and a team player as well as compition. We all know compitition is something we'll face for the rest of our lives... I thank my father and grandfather as much as I can for teaching me to play ball. Baseball took me to a lot of places and brought my father and I closer together. We still play a little toss to this day.

Good for you Greg, hopefully you'll never miss a game!

That's great, baseball is a wonderful sport. Taught me a lot about life. Mostly how to be a leader and a team player as well as compition. We all know compitition is something we'll face for the rest of our lives... I thank my father and grandfather as much as I can for teaching me to play ball. Baseball took me to a lot of places and brought my father and I closer together. We still play a little toss to this day.

Yeah, he's never going to be a major leaguer or anything, but it's fun. I hope I can say I still play toss with my boy when he's your age (25-26ish?). Hopefully by that time he can catch the friggin ball. :lol:

Yeah, he's never going to be a major leaguer or anything, but it's fun. I hope I can say I still play toss with my boy when he's your age (25-26ish?). Hopefully by that time he can catch the friggin ball. :lol:

Never say never! I wouldn't have been a major leaguer either but I often wonder what type of college I could've gone to, my dreams were pretty much shattered when my mother died.. I was 16... I'm 25 now and softball is still fun.

One of the best things you can do for your son is teach him a sport. Never get frusterated with him, if its something he likes (baseball), he'll develop with practice... I help a buddy coach his two sons t-ball team. He doesn't have a clue because he's never played the game. Its simple. Make if fun and the kids will have fun. Practice, encouragement, and praise will boost your childs confidence, respect, and self-esteem. I can already tell that his oldest boy is ready to quit, actually he has already quit. The only reason he's still out on the field is because his dad pretty much makes him play. That's not fun. My buddy blames it on ADD but I know its the way he treats him and talks around him. Kids pick up everything and he's too ignorant to know this. Mike (my buddy, a former Marine who toured Iraq) has made the worst mistake of his life and he doesn't even realize it (the way he treats his son in general not just with baseball), but how do you tell someone something like that about how they treat their kid?..... By the time they become little leaguers, compitition will kick in and you can get a little harder on them. Not in T-Ball when the kid can hardly catch.

I can't wait for my daughter to start playing ball. Hopefully she takes to it. She's mostly into Barbies and pets and girly stuff. She's 2.