1. 1. Pick the Champion!

• Celtics
    • Lakers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtics versus Lakers

Wow! I feel like I'm flashing back to the days of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson! I'm going with Kobe and the Lakers, but please feel free to vote for your team in the poll.

I went Celtics, although I think the series will be very evenly matched and no outcome will surprise me. As far as going back to Bird and Johnson...eh. It's not exactly Bird, Parrish, McHale and Johnson. Nor is it exactly Johnson, Jabbar, Worthy and Rambis. Should be a good series regardless.

It should be a good series and the NBA is probably salivating over the fact that it is the Celtics against the Lakers. It should get very good publicity and I think it will take all 7 games. I'm saying the Celtics in 7, with each team winning at the other team's place once each. Should be a fun series to watch!

Green and White attack, theres no doubt my boys are going to finish the record for best comeback in NBA history, going from dead last to first in one year.

I'm getting my leprechaun tattoo on Wednesday. (I'm Irish as well as a die hard Celts fan)

I voted Lakers......Both teams have 3 stars..Lakers (Kobe, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol) and Celtics (KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen), but the Lakers have a better remaining cast, and the Biggest Superstar on the court in Kobe Bryant. Lakers in 6.

The only thing i cant agree with is the supporting cast, Rajon Rondo has been playing amazing, as well as Perkins, House and Glen Davis. This team is stacked and will continue to prove its worth by finishing LA in 5.

I voted Lakers......Both teams have 3 stars..Lakers (Kobe, Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol) and Celtics (KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen), but the Lakers have a better remaining cast, and the Biggest Superstar on the court in Kobe Bryant. Lakers in 6.

The only thing i cant agree with is the supporting cast, Rajon Rondo has been playing amazing, as well as Perkins, House and Glen Davis. This team is stacked and will continue to prove its worth by finishing LA in 5.

Ok, one thing i failed to mention previously then, Coaching......I'll take Phil Jackson's 9 rings(soon to be 10) over an obviously in-over-his-head Doc Rivers.

Well at the half in game one of the NBA Finals, the Lakers are up by 5! lal3hp1.gif

WOW...what a GAME! The back and forth lead exchanges are awesome!

THIS GAMES DONE BOYS, GO GREEN!

I thought it was all over when Peirce went down... Me and my dad were so upset. They must've numbed his knee in the locker room or something... Good game and a great start for the Celtics. I hope they beat the Lakers ass like they used to in the 70's.

The Lakers won their first of three in Los Angeles tonight. They will take game six in Boston. My prediction of L.A. in six stands. That is if the refs continue to call an even game. That happened out West.

The Lakers won their first of three in Los Angeles tonight. They will take game six in Boston. My prediction of L.A. in six stands. That is if the refs continue to call an even game. That happened out West.

Amazing how much different the game is officiated in Boston than in L.A. isnt it? Just goes to prove that the most important factor in home-court in the NBA, is the calls you get and the away team doesnt.

I don't know guys, its never been done in the history of the NBA. In the 2-3-2 skid, no team has ever won the 3 games at home back-to-back-to-back... The Lakers would've lost last night if Pierce had just 20 pts... I'm not so sure the Lakers are the better team, I like the Celtics chances.

The Lakers would've lost last night if Pierce had just 20 pts... I'm not so sure the Lakers are the better team, I like the Celtics chances.

True Pierce didnt really score, but then again neither did Gasol or Odom for the Lakers....so you cant really say that.

at the start of the 4th the big 3 had a combined 18 points. They played absolutely terrible all game, they won't play like that again. I can promise you that.

Gasol is soft! Odom is a little above average, he's not great... Kobe/Gasol/Odom < Allen/Pierce/Garnett

2 words------Sasha Vujacic

Dont get me started on Vuja-choch, that was the best game hes ever had, and ever will.

Powe had 21 points in 14 minutes.

Powe > Vujacic

Gasol is soft! Odom is a little above average, he's not great... Kobe/Gasol/Odom < Allen/Pierce/Garnett

2 words------Sasha Vujacic

Dont get me started on Vuja-choch, that was the best game hes ever had, and ever will.

Powe had 21 points in 14 minutes.

Powe > Vujacic

that was the best game Powe's ever had. The only reason he had that many points is all the free-throws he took(courtesy of the refs)

The difference.....Sasha is a shooter "the machine" and when he gets hot...everything goes in.