Carson Palmer signing autographs

I've been to Bengals Training Camp in Georgetown, KY the last 3 years.

Never in my life have I witnessed a star player of Carson Palmer's caliber sign so many free autographs for fans. After every single practice, he starts along the fence and signs for anywhere between 200 and 300 fans, every day. He starts at one end and signs until every fan in line gets an autograph, and only then will he head into the locker room.

Just FYI, thought I'd add. It's easy to get 3-5 autographs from him in one visit to camp.

In fact, most players are very good about signing and giving back to fans.

Alex

And I will be fair to CP because he's earned my benefit of the doubt--unlike 85--when I've went to training camp, it's always been the intersquad scrimmage day, which brings out a lot more people. I have no doubt that CP is accessible to his fans in those situations. My only point originally was that when the players do these paid signings, which I have no problem with as a principle, $250 a pop is pricey, especially when the fan doesn't get the experience of meeting him and seeing him sign the item.

My original post had nothing to do with CP being a jerk or closed from the fans or anything like that. I've met him a few times and he's been a great guy.

AGreen,

Chad actually signs plenty also. Nobody signs as much as Carson, but Chad does sign fairly regularly. I've had no issues getting Chad to sign items, but now his disappointing behavior makes me want to get rid of his stuff from my Bengals Mancave.

Alex

I know that prior to the 2007 season, I took my son to the public work out day at PBS. Afterwards, you stood by the rail and the players went around signing stuff. My son, being little, didn't get any because the big kids squeezed him out. I finally called out to 85 as he was walking away, briefly explained about my son, and he came back and signed a magazine my son had with 85 on the cover. I have no problem with him in terms of signing stuff.

Attitude wise, he's got a lot of ground to make up.

I've been to Bengals Training Camp in Georgetown, KY the last 3 years.

Never in my life have I witnessed a star player of Carson Palmer's caliber sign so many free autographs for fans. After every single practice, he starts along the fence and signs for anywhere between 200 and 300 fans, every day. He starts at one end and signs until every fan in line gets an autograph, and only then will he head into the locker room.

Just FYI, thought I'd add. It's easy to get 3-5 autographs from him in one visit to camp.

In fact, most players are very good about signing and giving back to fans.

Alex

Nice picture. Thanks for sharing that Alex.