2nd Round: Jerome Simpson

ArmyBengal

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible pick.

I understand the need for a receiver. I get it, I really do.....Henry is gone, and Chad might as well be. Got it.

But we need a good DT more AND....this part is especially important, pay attention...... there are FAR fewer of them available to pick.

And they guy we needed - Laws - went two picks later.

The DTs in the third are FAR less capable, but the WRs in the 3rd will still be very good - the equal or better of Simpson.

100% agree. Horrible pick. Mikey sucks.

From what i know of him which is obviously limited (no one on here can possibly claim to know anything about him) hes not going to project as a deep threat, but as more of a TJ Houshmandzadeh at best. Based on that I would have much prefered Sweed or even Desean Jackson. We need a deep threat now that we dont have Chad or Henry. Last thing we needed was another possession guy.

Terrible pick.

I understand the need for a receiver. I get it, I really do.....Henry is gone, and Chad might as well be. Got it.

But we need a good DT more AND....this part is especially important, pay attention...... there are FAR fewer of them available to pick.

And they guy we needed - Laws - went two picks later.

The DTs in the third are FAR less capable, but the WRs in the 3rd will still be very good - the equal or better of Simpson.

Well when you say it like that it makes this pick look downright retarded. Oh wait, it is.

let me add, I trust the Bengals ability to judge a WR FAR more than than their ability to judge DT's....

also of note, this is not a SoP type pick so it may be some deferrance is happening given the overall tumult within the franchise, ie someone else is punching the ticket for Simpson (Carson?)...they need to give Carson tools to work with.

Or, they, won't TJ, that's why the coaches and scouts, scout, right?

The package of that guy that ESPN just ran was ridonkulous. Size, speed, incredible hands. So, yeah, small conference. But no good receivers come out of small conferences, right?

No Jerry Rices. No Terrell Owens'. Oh wait. I guess they do.

I wanted a WR in the first two rounds, I got my WR in the first two rounds, and it appears to be a WR with some serious upside. Fine. by. me.

ETA: He went 4.42 in the combine, so, yeah, I wouldn't rule him out from "stretching the field", by the way.

As far as I know, this guy ran in the 4.3's (4.38?). He also had the best long jump and jumped something like 40' in the verts. I don't see how that doesn't translate into deep threat.

ESPN said he ran a 4.42 at the Combine. Same fuggin' thing, really.

let me add, I trust the Bengals ability to judge a WR FAR more than than their ability to judge DT's....

They picked two really good WRs a few years back so in a sense yeah, better record with WRs. They suck at that less. I agree with you on their ability, or rather inability, to judge DTs. Which would make it more prudent to take a safer, higher valued guy I would think.

I dont care how many freaking records this guy has he is playing small school teams where the DBs play football and soccer.

I'm sure you were against taking Kenny Anderson too, since he went to a small school...

Whoever said he is not a deep threat is mistaken.

...so far, this draft is turning out to be al about "rationalizing" picks allof us wish were one or two picks away....

Ellis and Sweed...

or

Rivers and Simpson...

I am far less upset about Simpson, actually a bit impressed with an insightful sleeper pick, than I am about missing Ellis...Ellis should have been taken.

WHoooHooo....keep cooking with those aluminum pans SoP....you'll be batty as Al Davis soon....

Just because WE have not heard of him, gents, doesn't mean he isn't a beast. Good lord.

I have to agree here. He looks to be everything Henry was minus the thug life.

All I am saying, is give him a chance.

My apologies to John Lennon.

Or, Tee, he might have been long gone because OTHER teams also figured out how f**kin' good he was? Who knows? If the Bengals liked him as a second round receiver, given their track record finding receiving talent, again, I am content.

And, it WAS a need on this team.

Hey - I found this profile on him watched it the other day but didn';t think anythign of it - funny it seems to have mattered.

It does seem to be a little early for him, but he likely wouldn;t have been there for their 3rd round pick.

Good hands,big and tough - but needs route work.

I think he is a project. Odd that hewent for them now, but could turn out to be a pretty decent guy.