2nd Round: Jerome Simpson

ArmyBengal

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laws the very next pick

DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK DUCK

I guess he is somewhat ok?!?

Career Notes

Simpson holds virtually every school game, season and career receiving records...On the Big South Conference record charts, he set the league career-record with 2,636 yards receiving, topping the old mark of 2,429 yards by Marcus Price of Charleston Southern (2004-06) and the previous school record of 1,126 yards by Chris Noble (2003-06)...His 157 receptions rank third in Big South annals behind Price (202) and Duvaughn Flagler of Gardner-Webb (173, 2004-present)...Simpson also shattered the old CCU all-time record of 80 catches by Noble...His 43 touchdown receptions set school and Big South career records, topping the league mark of 28 by Flagler...Only Aundres Perkins of Coastal Carolina (47, 2003-06) had more total touchdowns in league and CCU history...Registered seven 100-yard receiving games, ranking behind Maurice Price (10) on the Big South all-time list...His receiving average of 16.79 yards per catch ranks second behind Lauren Williams of Liberty (17.6-yard average, 2003-05) in Big South history and Simpson set the school record, breaking the previous CCU mark of 16.78 yards per catch by Jamar Anderson (2006)... Among non-kickers, his 246 points scored are second in school and Big South history, surpassed by Perkins' 286...Simpson's 61 receptions in 2006 placed him seventh on the Big South's season-record list and broke his own school mark of 33 grabs in 2005... Became just the third player in Big South history and the first in CCU annals to gain over 1,000 yards receiving (1,077 in 2006), joining Maurice Price of Charleston Southern (1,043 in 2005) and Aaron Dunklin of Charleston Southern (1,025 in 2003)...His average of 17.7 yards per catch in 2006 rank second on the league record books behind Kory Alston of Gardner-Webb (18.3 avg in 2004)...His 16 touchdown catches in 2006 set new school and conference season-records, topping the old league mark of 13 by William Andrews Jr. of Gardner-Webb in 2003 and matched by Duvaughn Flagler of Gardner-Webb in 2005...Simpson's five 100-yard receiving performances in 2006 are one shy of the league single-season record of six by Maurice Price in 2005...Scored 96 points in 2006, topping the old Big South annual record of 91 by Matt Sharpe of Virginia Military Institute in 2003 and the previous school record of 84 points by Aundres Perkins in 2003...His average of 89.75 yards receiving in 2006 established a new Big South season-record, topping Aaron Dunklin of Charleston Southern's old mark of 85.4 yards in 2003...Had at least one touchdown catch in 11 games during 2006, tying the old NCAA Division 1-AA season-record set by Randy Moss of Marshall in 1996...Only Jarrett Dillard of Division 1-A Rice (13 in 2006) had more games with catching at least one touchdown pass in a season in the history of college football...His 207 yards receiving vs. Georgia Southern in 2006 set a school game-record, topping his own mark of 162 yards vs. James Madison in 2005 (owns nine of CCU's top 10 receiving performances)...Those 207 yards rank second on the Big South single-game record list behind Duvaughn Flagler of Gardner-Webb's 210 vs. Wofford in 2005, as they are the only two players in league history to gain over 200 yards receiving in a game...Simpson's three touchdown catches vs. Charleston (W.V.) in 2004 are one short of the conference game-record of four scores by Maurice Price of Charleston Southern vs. Savannah State in 2005...His average of 25.88 yards per reception vs. Georgia Southern in 2006 is a school record and ranks fourth in Big South Conference history...His 66-yard reception vs. Liberty in 2006, 61-yarder vs. Gardner-Webb in 2006 and 60-yarder vs. Savannah State in 2005 are topped only by Santini Washington's 80-yard catch vs. Wofford in 2006 as the school's longest reception.

Watch Laws and Sims get picked before our next pick. But that's OK guys. We don't need a run defence or the ability to put pressure on the QB. We'll have a big fast guy to catch passes from Carson. I mean, that very same formula has worked a treat for us these last couple of seasons.

I'm off to pout. :angry:

This guy is a Brandon Marshall/Marques Colston type sleeper....difference is we took the sleeper in r2.

Simpson is very good...IIRC I had a post about sleepers and noted SImpson....

while the pick surprises me, with Laws/Groves/Sims/Campell right there they go for WR and send a message to CJ and at the same time Carson....

with the overall slippage taking place, we will get a very good DT in r3.....hopefully.

Bengals have done well on 2nd round receivers in the past, I guess they know what they are doing by going with him over Sweed or Kelley or other more well known receivers.

I'm fine with taking a WR in the second thanks to Cheech and Chad, but that is a serious head scratcher. I guess our one scout took a vacation in Carolina, only way to explain that. Who the hell is this guy?

Don't have a clue on this one.

The guy does have some impressive tape from what NFLN had, and I didn't want Malcolm Kelly anyway, but weren't there better options on the table?

Terrible pick.

I understand the need for a receiver. I get it, I really do.....Henry is gone, and Chad might as well be. Got it.

But we need a good DT more AND....this part is especially important, pay attention...... there are FAR fewer of them available to pick.

And the guy we needed - Laws - went two picks later.

The DTs in the third are FAR less capable, but the WRs in the 3rd will still be very good - the equal or better of Simpson.

I'd argue that Simpson himself could have been had in the third.....but not Laws