Draft Day at Bengalszone !!!

ArmyBengal

Well, the draft has historically been a very hectic time here at Bengalszone and we try to keep things going smoothly with all the picks, trades, and so on and so on... We are going to try to do the same thing we did last year and keep things from getting out of control.

Starting Saturday morning, there will be pinned topics (some closed) in the Bengals Forum. There will be "Pre-Draft" and "Post Draft" threads for each round / pick. We ask that all conversation about who the Bengals will draft in that particular round be kept in the "Pre-Draft" thread and then all conversation about who they actually picked be kept in the "Post Draft" thread. (AT LEAST THROUGH THE WEEKEND PLEASE) Topics NOT pertaining to those two areas are still more than welcomed and always encouraged however, those resembling the pre or post draft threads will be either merged or deleted. This will help all of us from being exposed to 100 threads about "Why did we pass on Ellis to take another RB ??" !!! The mods will try to keep this together and if your topic gets moved or deleted, don't take it personal, just go with the flow.

If there are any isues, please feel free to PM me... If you just want to b*tch, don't waste your time !!!

:bengal::bengal: I LOVE THE DRAFT !!! :bengal::bengal:

WHODEY !!!

Well, the draft has historically been a very hectic time here at Bengalszone and we try to keep things going smoothly with all the picks, trades, and so on and so on... We are going to try to do the same thing we did last year and keep things from getting out of control.

Starting Saturday morning, there will be pinned topics (some closed) in the Bengals Forum. There will be "Pre-Draft" and "Post Draft" threads for each round / pick. We ask that all conversation about who the Bengals will draft in that particular round be kept in the "Pre-Draft" thread and then all conversation about who they actually picked be kept in the "Post Draft" thread. (AT LEAST THROUGH THE WEEKEND PLEASE) Topics NOT pertaining to those two areas are still more than welcomed and always encouraged however, those resembling the pre or post draft threads will be either merged or deleted. This will help all of us from being exposed to 100 threads about "Why did we pass on Ellis to take another RB ??" !!! The mods will try to keep this together and if your topic gets moved or deleted, don't take it personal, just go with the flow.

If there are any isues, please feel free to PM me... If you just want to b*tch, don't waste your time !!!

WHODEY !!!

This is where you excell Mark! Get 'Er Done! :bengal:

I'll try to reign my temper in when they make an apparently assinine pick....and I am sure they will.....more than once, in fact.

Why? That's why they call it a forum - see Roman Empire, Lions vs. Christians :lol:

I expect for every " :rockon: " they'll be an equal and opposite " :rant: "

The rampant, unbridled pessimism of Bengal Nation is really quite nauseating.

Pessimism, from the Latin pessimus (worst), is the decision to evaluate something as a negative when it is uncommon to do so.

skepticism , from the Greek skeptomai (to look about, to consider), ; refers to an attitude of doubt or a disposition to incredulity - a method of obtaining knowledge through systematic doubt and continual testing.

This vocabulary leeson brought to you by DD - season ticket holder since 1968.

Distrust

Dis*trust"\, n. 1. Doubt of sufficiency, reality, or sincerity; want of confidence, faith, or reliance; as, distrust of one's power, authority, will, purposes, schemes, etc.

2. Suspicion of evil designs.

I take it you LIKED the pick of Two Carry Perry, then?

I'll take rampant pessimism over profound ignorance any day

In fact, I did like the Chris Perry pick, and if he had been healthy and as productive as his play in '05 indicated he could be, you would too. ML knew that he needed a speed back to compliment Rudi and to take some of the load off of Rudi. In fact, after all of the injuries Marv spent a 2nd round pick to get one when the first did not work out. Perry was exactly what our offense needed. When I first heard of that pick, I was none too happy, either. The more I thought about it, the more I started to think that giving Carson more weapons was a good thing. You guys can pound on that pick all you want, and you have, but you really don't have much to back it except the guy could not stay healthy and on the field. Christ guys, in the very brief time that he was on the field, he was well on his way to breaking James Brooks' team record for receptions by a Bengals RB. If he had produced that way for the last 3 years, you would all be loudly chanting his praises.

Profound ignorance is also rampant in Bengal Nation, but if you are referring to me as one of the ignorant, you don't know dick about me.

I take it you LIKED the pick of Two Carry Perry, then?

I'll take rampant pessimism over profound ignorance any day

In fact, I did like the Chris Perry pick, and if he had been healthy and as productive as his play in '05 indicated he could be, you would too. .....If he had produced that way for the last 3 years, you would all be loudly chanting his praises.

Mr Fan -

I have found that the most common complaint wasn't the individuals that were picked, but when they were picked. Even giving Mikey and Marvin the benefit of the doubt, there have been numerous times that they took a player that would probably have been available on their next pick, especially in Day 2.

In 2007, they could have picked anybody in Round 4 (Zak DeOssie, Ryne Robinson, etc) and STILL landed Marvin White, Rowe, Toeiana, and Nduke. In 2006 it was worse - a 3rd rounder (Ko Simpson, Babe Watson, etc) should have been 'inserted', and we almost certainly would have also landed FRucker, Peko, A.J. Nicholson (unfortunately), McNeal, Kilmer, and Brazell.

It ain't pessimism if it's consistently bad.

I'll say it for the 107th and half time - the pick of Chris Perry was ignorant because we should have been drafting defense. If you want to defend that pick, then yeah, I prefer to know as little about you as possible.

Go look up the sequence of that draft, see if a certain OLB named Karlos Dansby was available when the Bengals picked. Then compare his career with Two Carry's.

And yeah, on the preceding post - the drafting of the Slowman was PROFOUNDLY ignorant at that particular pick. He would have been available in the 7th, where he would not be as much of a burden to the organization as he now is.

I have found that the most common complaint wasn't the individuals that were picked, but when they were picked. Even giving Mikey and Marvin the benefit of the doubt, there have been numerous times that they took a player that would probably have been available on their next pick, especially in Day 2.

Or, even if that player were gone, someone who could fill the role would still be around. Chris Perry is a case in point. There's no doubt the Bengals needed to grab a change-of-pace guy to team with Rudi, but using a first-round pick on a third-down back is a dubious decision, to say the least. Especially when they passed over Vince Wilfork to do it. Smarter would have been to target a prospect like Mewelde Moore, who went in the 4th round a few selections after the bengals chose...Askew.

The threads will be pinned and closed to start in the Bengals Forum. I will unpin and open the threads as the picks progress.

The first round pre-pick thread will be opened as early as possible Saturday morning. For those of you who have been here on draft day, you know the deal. For the first timers, you will see that it is a very organized way to keep the chaos to a minimum and provide one place to see what is being discussed without having to go to 20 different threads...

WHODEY !!!

Or, even if that player were gone, someone who could fill the role would still be around. Chris Perry is a case in point. There's no doubt the Bengals needed to grab a change-of-pace guy to team with Rudi, but using a first-round pick on a third-down back is a dubious decision, to say the least. Especially when they passed over Vince Wilfork to do it. Smarter would have been to target a prospect like Mewelde Moore, who went in the 4th round a few selections after the bengals chose...Askew.

I think you guys are forgetting that at the time they drafted Perry, Rudi wasn't a proven back. The Bengals couldn't be sure that his '03 production would be repeated. I doubt they had any intention of drafting a third down back in the first round. I believe their intentions were to draft Perry in case Rudi was a one year wonder.

WHODEY !!!

Just a reminder and WELCOME TO THE BENGALSZONE DRAFT WEEKEND !!!

I just started with the first two rounds to save space in the pinned area. As the Bengals make a pick, I will add the next round...

WHODEY !!!

WHODEY !!!

Just a reminder and WELCOME TO THE BENGALSZONE DRAFT WEEKEND !!!

I just started with the first two rounds to save space in the pinned area. As the Bengals make a pick, I will add the next round...

WHODEY !!!

Good job Soldier. Things are shaping up nicely.

And that is a wrap on the 2008 NFL draft !!! I wanted to take the time to say thank you to everyone on the board in making this a pretty easy year to keep things organized. At this point, I will again ask the assistance of my fellow mods to keep things organized from here on out. Things usually stay pretty hairy for the next week...

Thanks again everyone !!!

WHODEY !!!