Trade ideas for Loco Cinco

DDOGG

My trade idea

Miami Dolphins get Chad

Cinncinati Bengals get Ted Ginn Jr. and 2nd round pick

I would love this trade for 3 reasons,

1. We get rid of F##KO

2. We get a WR who has a year of the NFL under his belt and he is a PR and KR.

3. With the 2nd round pick they could add depth to the WR core.

My trade idea

Miami Dolphins get Chad

Cinncinati Bengals get Ted Ginn Jr. and 2nd round pick

I would love this trade for 3 reasons,

1. We get rid of F##KO

2. We get a WR who has a year of the NFL under his belt and he is a PR and KR.

3. With the 2nd round pick they could add depth to the WR core.

Why would the Dolphins want to do this?

Why would the Dolphins want to do this?

Exactly. How quickly some people forget that Bill Parcells and Mike Ditka shared the stage with Chris Mortenson when Mort broke the story that sent Chad into a hissy fit. Parcells said flat out that you don't want players with Chad's reputation on your roster, and let's face it....since that spot aired Chad has done nothing but further damage his reputation.

BTW, ex-Titan GM Floyd Reese stated yesterday that Chad Johnson and Drew Rosenhaus were "going about things in the worst way possible" and doubted any team would show much interest in Chad even if the Bengals reconsidered the idea of trading him. Reese also mocked the idea that Chad's frustration had anything to do with losing and agreed that his frustration was rooted in a desire for more money. He then pointed to Rosenhaus's history of representing clients who used unacceptable behavior as a means to gain their release, and ultimately much bigger paychecks. As examples he noted the antics of Terell Owens, Lance Briggs, Willis McGahee, and now Chad Johnson.

In order to keep from starting a new thread I decided to post the question here.

What could NFL teams do to correct this type of behavior by agents. Rosenhoweveryouspell it deserves to get black balled by teams. The guy is not only bad for the teams, but he is bad for the game overall. It is one thing to represent a player and get the most amount of money, it is another to use these type of tactics. If my son acted like this after signing an extension, I dont care how old he is, he would be getting a good old fashion spanking.

Regardless, what could God-ell due. From a legal perspective their hands may be tied, especially with Labor agreements but this has to end. The youth of today are going to see this as ok and not understand that when you sign a contract you are bound by it.

In order to keep from starting a new thread I decided to post the question here.

What could NFL teams do to correct this type of behavior by agents. Rosenhoweveryouspell it deserves to get black balled by teams. The guy is not only bad for the teams, but he is bad for the game overall. It is one thing to represent a player and get the most amount of money, it is another to use these type of tactics. If my son acted like this after signing an extension, I dont care how old he is, he would be getting a good old fashion spanking.

Regardless, what could God-ell due. From a legal perspective their hands may be tied, especially with Labor agreements but this has to end. The youth of today are going to see this as ok and not understand that when you sign a contract you are bound by it.

Essentially, you're asking the owners to find a way to protect themselves from themselves. I know everybody is enamored of the opportunity to make a trade, but somebody's got to make one of these things play out one of these days and I think the Bengals (rightly or wrongly) are a good candidate to do it. Everybody always says that Chad is negotiating without any leverage, but that is only true if you don't respond. If you start worrying about what he's going to do next, or whether you should try to 'just get something' for him right now before he hurts his reputation worse, then you are actually creating leverage for him. No, I kind of prefer the Keyshawn Johnson approach. Let him f up enough and then suspend him for a few games. When he's due back, let him play or f up again and then suspend him again. lather-rinse-repeat. Maybe it's spiteful, but the only other option is to be a scared seller that gets a player in return that probably won't be on the roster in a couple of years. Stated another way, I don't see a "good" choice, just a respectable one.

Drew Rosenhaus have nothing to do with this as a "bad agent", i am 90% sure he is agent of zach thomas, and ever u see zach do like ths?? never, he ever get pay cut during his year with dolphins to help them get better players, what i believe is Drew Rosenhaus is a agent who will do anything his client want to do, obviously chad johnson want more money, so drew show him few ways to do it, and chad pick this way

I think Rosenhaus bluffed one of his clients into being selected earlier by faking a cell call while sitting on his clients couch during the draft telecast on ESPN. I am not sure but I think it might have been McGahee since this was right after his knee injury.

Pretty creative but bordering on the edge of sleazy. Congrats Chad. You got what you wanted. Maybe he'll get you a Chunky soup commercial or a McDonalds gig. The McOchoCinco. I can see it now!

I think Rosenhaus bluffed one of his clients into being selected earlier by faking a cell call while sitting on his clients couch during the draft telecast on ESPN. I am not sure but I think it might have been McGahee since this was right after his knee injury.

Pretty creative but bordering on the edge of sleazy. Congrats Chad. You got what you wanted. Maybe he'll get you a Chunky soup commercial or a McDonalds gig. The McOchoCinco. I can see it now!

That's just a nice name for a s**t sandwich. ^_^

Start negotiating with the Redskins and Cowboys. Let them bid against each other. I imagine we could get more than has been reported so far.

I'd open with Crayton and the #28 pick from the Cowboys.

No man, you gotta go for Terry Glenn, lol... Honestly, Terry Glenn is about all we can get for Chad at this point so it might just happen.

The only kind of trade that would make sense with taking an $8 mil. cap hit is to trade for future draft pick(s). I think people sometimes get confused between the difference of cap money and actual payroll. So, the issue is not MB's cheapness because Chad has already been paid the money, the issue is keeping enough cap room to sign all the draft picks this year. If they trade for another player or draft picks this year they would just be tightening the cap even more (or possibly going over). If they trade for let's say a 1st Rd. pick in next year's draft they would only be dealing with the $8 mil. to get rid of the problem this year. Then they could have more cap room on next year's cap due to the lack of Chad's salary to sign an additional pick.

Start negotiating with the Redskins and Cowboys. Let them bid against each other. I imagine we could get more than has been reported so far.

I'd open with Crayton and the #28 pick from the Cowboys.

No man, you gotta go for Terry Glenn, lol... Honestly, Terry Glenn is about all we can get for Chad at this point so it might just happen.

I think he still has more value that people think. Like it or not, the rap on the Bengals is that the players that throw the team under the bus are justified in doing so and can be turned around elsewhere, like Dillon for instance. I think a "win now" owner would pay for him. That's why I said Cowboys and Redskins - both teams think they can win now, both have egomaniac owners who like big name players, and they play in the same division so they might be inclined to up their bids to keep him away from the other team.

I think he still has more value that people think.

I do too. Chad Johnson may be trashing his reputation in the eyes of most fans, the media, and nearly everyone in the NFL, but you only need one owner who thinks otherwise for a player like TO to get a huge pay raise and the chance to play before an adoring fanbase who cares nothing about what happened when te player was with other teams. And for that matter it only takes two owners to engage in a bidding war. So the value is still there even if the pool of owners who might be interested becomes smaller.

Like it or not, the rap on the Bengals is that the players that throw the team under the bus are justified in doing so and can be turned around elsewhere, like Dillon for instance.

Agreed. The perception, fair or not, is that the Bengals are often to blame for a players individual behavior, be it criminal or simple douchebaggery.

I think a "win now" owner would pay for him. That's why I said Cowboys and Redskins - both teams think they can win now, both have egomaniac owners who like big name players, and they play in the same division so they might be inclined to up their bids to keep him away from the other team.

Throw Philadelphia into that mix as well. And if Rotoworld has accurate sources you can add the Bears and Raiders too.

Like it or not, the rap on the Bengals is that the players that throw the team under the bus are justified in doing so and can be turned around elsewhere, like Dillon for instance.

Agreed. The perception, fair or not, is that the Bengals are often to blame for a players individual behavior, be it criminal or simple douchebaggery.

I think a "win now" owner would pay for him. That's why I said Cowboys and Redskins - both teams think they can win now, both have egomaniac owners who like big name players, and they play in the same division so they might be inclined to up their bids to keep him away from the other team.

Throw Philadelphia into that mix as well. And if Rotoworld has accurate sources you can add the Bears and Raiders too.

Maybe there's a method to Chad's madness after all: act crazy enough to scare away everyone but big market owners whose teams are in a position to be helped by a talented but troubled WR. Chad is such an attention hog, I wouldn't be surprised if he simply feels "too big" for a town like Cincy.

If the Bears are stupid enough to take on Chad and give us Urlacher, I'm all over that. No brainer. I'd throw in a draft pick too, or Odell or Brooks.

I haven't seen a single source claim the Bears are interested in trading Urlacher so if the rumor about the Bears interest in Chad is true it's probably rooted in draft picks. (They pick 14th in the 1st. Not sure about the 2nd.)

And for whatever it might be worth, when I read the snippet I was more excited to see the Raiders mentioned.