Fresh Hell

HairOnFire

No he said he would NEVER play for the Bengals again...that includes everything

Where?

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.

Also on PFT:

This is not a joke. I really don’t want to play for the Bengals. Period.”

He also said he will be no where near Cincinnati....I wonder if this has anything to do with getting sued because of the comedy club stunt?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where?

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.

Saying you don't want to do something isn't the same as saying you'll never do it. Obviously, you've never dealt with a kid who doesn't want to eat her veggies. :lol:

Where?

Saying you don't want to do something isn't the same as saying you'll never do it. Obviously, you've never dealt with a kid who doesn't want to eat her veggies. :lol:

When he goes as far as talking smack to his Pro Bowl QB, there is no coming back from that. What's next? Chad trashing TJ? Chad's not going to come back...and even if he did he would never be the same player...Chad will NEVER be a welcomed person in Cincinnati for now on. He will get booed louder than ANY visiting team. If anyone wants to know the sure for cancer...it's Chad getting his mouth wired shut

When he goes as far as talking smack to his Pro Bowl QB, there is no coming back from that.

I don't know if telling Carson to butt out qualifies as smack. It isn't as if he said he he sucked, a la TO/McNabb.

Anyhow, Schefter over at nfl.com confirms he'll sit out training camp. Which IMO is fine. I like this little addition from Schefter:

“I'm not sure where Carson got his information from, but I know I didn't assure him of anything. I wish he'd stay out of this. He's taking how I’m feeling as a joke because I think everyone else in the organization is doing the same.

Well, Chad, that ought to tell you something now, shouldn't it?

But really, it's hardly shocking to any of us. And I'll bet CJ is gone. It helps that the NFL is a closed league in terms of possible represcussions but is the Organisation that desperate that they'd settle for a moral victory as the only tangible return from this season. Would the fans of the Bengals as a whole be willing to settle for that? Reality and what's best for the team has to kick in at some point. As nice as it would be to stick it to Chad and every other pampered, dishonest and selfish athlete, how often does that happen?

I know somebody will bring up the cap hit as the reason it won't happen but if that is the case then maybe those who accuse SoP of just caring about the money are totally right. No interest in winning whatsoever.

Edit to add: The apparent moves we tried to make this offseason, especially defensively, don't really tally up with an owner and Franchise that is happy to just keep on keeping on firmly in the middle of the pack.

Who are the Bengals going to cut when we trade him?

Not tradeable until next year. IMO - he needs to sit and reflect.

He is an idiot and I hope the team stands firm on their stance. Go after signing bonus if possible.

A couple of injured/crappy RBs maybe?

Maybe you're right, next year is when he's traded. Either way, I just hope the Bengals can get something of moderate value in return.

What is the form on this kind of thing. If he refuses to attend mandatory workouts can the Bengals effectively bench him for the entire year?

He's contracted through 2011, but if sits the whole year, then the season doesn't count for him. He'll be signed through 2012. The longer he sits, the longer he's a Bengal. So either he gets his s**t together, or retires. And hopefully the Bengals don't cave.

He's contracted through 2011, but if sits the whole year, then the season doesn't count for him. He'll be signed through 2012. The longer he sits, the longer he's a Bengal. So either he gets his s**t together, or retires. And hopefully the Bengals don't cave.

But if he retired then the Bengals would only hold his rights for the length of his contract.

Dillon, Pickens, Spikes, Chad, the beat rolls on. You guys act as if this is something new or unusual around here. Happens every few years with the franchise players. They want out and are tired of the losing and lack of effort.

There is absolutely nothing untrue about that, nothing at all...unfortunately.

But if he retired then the Bengals would only hold his rights for the length of his contract.

True, but he'd be 33 or so by the time that contract expired. Who'd sign him after three years out of football? If he retires, we don't have to worry about his cap hit either.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8041490?MSNHPHMA

"Three-time All-Pro wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has been selected to the Pro Bowl the last five seasons, wants out of Cincinnati and will not report to any Bengals team functions.

"I want to be traded before the draft," Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton. "And if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson's comments come on the heels of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer saying that Johnson indicated he would be at Cincy's mandatory minicamp in June, Clayton reported.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."

In regard to Palmer, Johnson said, "I wish he would stay out of my business."

The Bengals have up until now indicated that they have no plans to trade Johnson. The team has not yet commented on Johnson's latest remarks."

--------------------------

If I was Carson I would tell him to get f**ked. And I would really have a hard time even looking his way during the game. He would become the league's highest paid decoy.

I don't like him at all, he was an arogant(sp?) pr!ck the time i met him and i've not liked him since, I mean come on we've seen what Brady has done with Givens and Branch, Palmer can do it with Housh and Gabriel. Get a defensive play-maker or a first for his ass, and be done with him. Keeping him on the bench doesn't help anything, not only do we not have a good WR out there we also have nothing to show for his absence.

he does tell it like it is...the bengals truly need to put a better product on the field and he is letting them know

Bingo. But guess what... they're not going to. This being the franchise that replaces Chris Henry a year too late with.... Doug Gabriel. Granted they at least nabbed Odom and Utecht to ensure another lovely 8-8 season(trying to stay optimistic).

"Three-time All-Pro wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has been selected to the Pro Bowl the last five seasons, wants out of Cincinnati and will not report to any Bengals team functions.

"I want to be traded before the draft," Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton. "And if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson's comments come on the heels of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer saying that Johnson indicated he would be at Cincy's mandatory minicamp in June, Clayton reported.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."

The Bengals have up until now indicated that they have no plans to trade Johnson. The team has not yet commented on Johnson's latest remarks."

If I was Carson I would tell him to get f**ked. And I would really have a hard time even looking his way during the game. He would become the league's highest paid decoy.

If I remember the Terrell/McNabb story, eventually Terrell took a swing at a teammate or got into a fight? Also trashed McNabb in public. Cincy can look forward to all of this plus more.

One thing though that is different this time around. Commish Goodell is a tougher guy than Tagliabue. He might find a way to suspend Chad for his conduct that costs Cincy no cash and Chad all of his.

If I remember the Terrell/McNabb story, eventually Terrell took a swing at a teammate or got into a fight? Also trashed McNabb in public. Cincy can look forward to all of this plus more.

One thing though that is different this time around. Commish Goodell is a tougher guy than Tagliabue. He might find a way to suspend Chad for his conduct that costs Cincy no cash and Chad all of his.

The commissioner won't get involved unless some other team has tampered. The Bengals can suspend him for up to 4 games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. Of course if he holds out, he doesn't get paid and the team can fine him $14k per day. Bottom line, the team has the hammer if they want to use it.

he does tell it like it is...the bengals truly need to put a better product on the field and he is letting them know

lol, you think that is actually why Chad is causing all this crap?

It's all about the benjamins, baby.