OFFICIAL BENGALSZONE DRAFT 08

Ok here we go again;

With the 20th pick in the drfat, the Tampa Bay Bucs Select:

DeSean Jackson, WR, California

Reasoning: Honostly i didn't do much research on this pick since the original owners aren't making any of the picks, So i picked a guy that will help them in one area where they need it.

PS: its not letting me edit the original post.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here we go again;

With the 20th pick in the drfat, the Tampa Bay Bucs Select:

DeSean Jackson, WR, California

Reasoning: Honostly i didn't do much research on this pick since the original owners aren't making any of the picks, So i picked a guy that will help them in one area where they need it.

PS: its not letting me edit the original post.

Guys sorry! Hey Thurmanation I sent you a PM on Wednesday giving you my choices for Detroit and Tampa. Check your inbox.

I left for Florida for vacation and haven't checked the internet until now.

I was going to take Derrick Harvey at #15 and DeShaun Jackson at #20.

Doh! I was just about to select....Merling, so no damage done. Washington needs a big WR more than anything since their WRs are small, but the good ones are gone. They could use help in the secondary since Springs is getting up in years and Taylor is gone, but the good ones went a few picks ago.

Failing that, they're getting a little old at DE, and there are a few good ones available here. Merling seems a bit above the others available here.

Sorry I missed the pick, I didn't expect things to get accelerated that quickly. Last I checked we were sitting on pick 15 and it was dragging.

I can't believe he fell this far...and I know he won't really...but the Cowboys take Rashard Mendenhall RB Ill.

The Cowboys love the 2 back system and though they might trade up for D-Mac....and they want a guy like Felix Jones to be the lightening to Barber's Thunder, they can't pass up Mendenhall here. Mendenhall won't be a return guy, but with this pick they can get one in the later rounds.

The hated Steelers luck out once again (Big Ben, Miller - both fell to them) and snag a top-tier OT in Chris Williams from Vanderbilt. Their O-line needs are obvious. If James Hardy is available in the second, don't surprised if Big Ben doesnt get the tall WR he covets - Hardy needs a kick in the butt, but they seem to know how to do that.

With the 24th pick, the Tennessee Titans select Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina.

Their defensive line is already a strength, and adding Balmer to play alongside Albert Haynesworth could make their line absolutely dominant. Plus, Haynesworth usually misses some time due to injury, and Balmer will help fill the void if that were to happen again in '08.

Jerod Mayo was considered for this pick. Anyone who picks him up at this point in the draft has a complete steal on their hands. Also, wide receiver is an obvious need, but considering how this draft has fallen, I think the Titans will get better value for their pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Wow....with the second steal of their draft, the Dallas Cowboys select with the 28th pick Jerod Mayo LB Ten.

Though I would have liked to get Chris Williams here to back up the aging Flozell Adams, he is gone and there are no other Tackles out there that make them worthy of skipping over Mayo. This is strictly a best player available pick. The Cowboys need a WR but the draft is deep at that position and a serviceable one can easily be had in the mid rounds.

With pick #29, the San Francisco 49ers select: Quentin Groves, LB, Auburn.

It was a tough decision here, with both Malcolm Kelly and Gosder Cherilus getting looks, but the thought of a healthy Groves across from Manny Lawson was too great. The 49ers could use another receiving threat, who will have a good mentor in Isaac Bruce, but feel one can be gotten later on, perhaps at pick 39. Backup O-line men could be a need, but why spend a 1st round pick on a backup? Groves, who the 49ers believe is over his foot injury, can really help out this defense.

With the 30th pick the Baltimore Ravens select Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona. Last year the Ravens corners, Chris McAlister and Samari Rolle were both injured at various times. 31 and 32 yrs of age respectively. Ravens need a corner to come in and play in the nickel and learn from the two aging but very talented vets. Cason started every game all 4 years. Covers well, but earned criticism for not being physical enough. Ray Ray and Ed Reed should have that worked out in short order.

With the last pick of the first round, the Giants select: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

This pick could've went a couple of different ways, but his versatility is really what put Connor over the top. Connor can step in right away and compete for either the Will or Sam positions.

With the first pick of the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Miami select... Vince Hall from Virginia Tech. With the departure of Zach Thomas, the Dolphins felt compelled to select a player of similar stature and size. Although Zach was selected in the 5th round, his size did not diminish his abilities on the field and the Dolphins feel that Hall, who has inspired comparison to Thoman, will fill the void valiantly.

With the first pick of the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Miami select... Vince Hall from Virginia Tech. With the departure of Zach Thomas, the Dolphins felt compelled to select a player of similar stature and size. Although Zach was selected in the 5th round, his size did not diminish his abilities on the field and the Dolphins feel that Hall, who has inspired comparison to Thoman, will fill the void valiantly.

What the hell, keep it rolling. You're up Hair.

With the 2nd pick in the 2nd round of the 2008 fake NFL Draft the fake St.Louis Rams select....Gosder Cherilus, RT, Boston College.

Reasons. The Rams entered this draft with three glaring needs at DE, OT, and WR. They filled the need at DE in the 1st round by selecting Chris Long, and now turn to RT after watching a higher number of wideouts be selected in the 1st round than anticipated. Cherilus is a natural RT with long arms. Very high character and a natural leader. Plays with a mean streak. If Orlando Pace can't return to HOF form, or for that matter to the lineup at all, former 1st round pick Alex Barron will continue to man the OLT position. He's struggled to date, but has actually looked better on the left side than the right and it's simply too soon to give up on him.

With the 3rd pick in the 2nd round, Atlanta selects: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

I can't understand how a consensus top 10 pick from last year could complete 65% of his passes, while running for his life and playing catch-up every game against top-caliber opponents, and drop down the list. Brohm has all the tools, the desire to become the best, and is a terrific, high-character, competiitive kid.

I was going to wait 3 picks to grab a QB, but he's more NFL ready than any other QB in the draft, and this organization desperately needs to put Michael Vick behind them.

No pick from the Jets fake GM so I'll step in.

The fake New York Jets select WR, Mario Manningham. The Jets need a wideout and Manningham gives them something the didn't dare dream they could add after the 1st round. That being a potential #1 option with deep speed. Whether Manningham would actually be on the Jets board due to character issues is debatable but they WERE interested in McFadden and Manningham is the BPA. His fall stops here. Besides, it's new York City baby, what could happen?

Oops.

Just realized a team was skipped. (Oakland)

Mock draft ruined. Fake results invalidated. Fabric of space and time ripped. Shame and dishoner heaped upon my family.

Experiment ended.

Hair pardoned by Boobiemiester. Shame and dishonor lifted, life returns to normal.

Oops.

Just realized a team was skipped. (Oakland)

Mock draft ruined. Fake results invalidated. Fabric of space and time ripped. Shame and dishoner heaped upon my family.

Experiment ended.

Hair pardoned by Boobiemiester. Shame and dishonor lifted, life returns to normal.

What the hell are you guys talking about? Oakland traded their 2nd rounder to Atlanta, who selected Brian Brohm. The J-E-T-S are on the clock, followed by the Falcons.

Damn, I'm a terrible commish. I probably smoked too much weed when I had the fake Pacman in my office for a sitdown.

That said, let's attempt to put the train back on the tracks by reviewing where we are.

1. Miami – Mac D BengalFan - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

2. St. Louis – HairOnFire - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

3. Atlanta – DesperateDerelict - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

4. Oakland – EndTheDrought - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

5. Kansas City – Alex - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

6. NY Jets – KenttJet - Vernon Gholston, DE, The Ohio State Buckeyes

7. New England (f/San Francisco) – DuffMan - Branden Albert, OL, Virginia

8. Green Bay (f/Baltimore) – Clackwoods - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

9. Cincinnati – Thurmanation - Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

10. New Orleans – Kurgan74 - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

11. Buffalo – ArmyBengal - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

12. Denver – Whur chad at - Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

13. Carolina – Kurgan74 - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

14. Chicago – TheWalls - Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State

15. Detroit – CincyHokie - Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tenn.

16. Arizona – Bengalszone Billy - Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas

17. Minnesota – KazKal - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida State

18. Houston – Thurmanation - Mike Jenkins - CB - South Florida

19. Philadelphia – Edogger - Kenny Phillips, S - Univ of Miami

20. Tampa Bay – CincyHokie - DeSean Jackson, WR, California

21. Washington – DC Bengals Fan - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson

22. Dallas (f/Cleveland) – Spor_tees - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

23. Pittsburgh – Bengals44 - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

24. Tennessee – Skyline - Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

25. Seattle – alex - James Hardy, WR, Indiana

26. Jacksonville – B24 - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

27. San Diego – Bengalszone Billy - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

28. Dallas – Spor_tees, Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee

29. San Francisco (f/Indianapolis) – Monte, Quentin Groves, LB, Auburn

30. Baltimore (f/Green Bay) – CentralOhioBengal, Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

No Pick - New England

31. NY Giants – Monte, Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

2nd Round

32. Miami - MacD, Vince Hall, LB Virginia Tech

33. St.Louis - HairOnFire, Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

34. Atlanta - Desperate Derelict, Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

35. Kansas City - Alex, Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

36. NY Jets - HairOnFire, Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan

37. Atlanta - Desperate Derelict ---- OT Sam Baker USC

38. Baltimore - ON THE CLOCK

39. San Francisco - Monte

40. New Orleans - Kurgan74

41. Buffalo - ArmyBengal

42. Denver - WhurChadAt

43. Carolina - Kurgan74

44. Chicago - TheWalls

45. Detroit - CincyHokie

46. Cincinnati - Thurmanation - (There's no way we get here, is there?) :lmao:

Oh, and in my last official act as fake commish I propose a new rule in the hopes of moving things along at breakneck speed. Once a poster makes a pick and is no longer on the clock it is his duty to send an instant message to the next draftee.

I now resign.

Atlanta Falcons select OT Sam Baker USC

I don't care who you have as quarterback. No signal caller can thrive behind an offensive front that surrenders 47 sacks. Baker can start inside, and hopefully kick out to LT before Halloween.

Central Ohio's Rat-birds are on the clock, and just missed out on one of the better OT's left.