OFFICIAL BENGALSZONE DRAFT 08

This thread is for picks only. Comments on the mock draft may be posted at the following - http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=17723

The draftee's

1. Miami – Mac D BengalFan - Jake Long, OT, Michigan

2. St. Louis – HairOnFire - Chris Long, DE, Virginia

3. Atlanta – DesperateDerelict - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

4. Oakland – EndTheDrought - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

5. Kansas City – Alex - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

6. NY Jets – KenttJet - Vernon Gholston, DE, The Ohio State Buckeyes

7. New England (f/San Francisco) – DuffMan - Branden Albert, OL, Virginia

8. Green Bay (f/Baltimore) – Clackwoods - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

9. Cincinnati – Thurmanation - Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

10. New Orleans – Kurgan74 - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy

11. Buffalo – ArmyBengal - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

12. Denver – Whur chad at - Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

13. Carolina – Kurgan74 - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

14. Chicago – TheWalls - Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State

15. Detroit – CincyHokie - Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tenn.

16. Arizona – Bengalszone Billy - Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas

17. Minnesota – KazKal - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida State

18. Houston – Thurmanation - Mike Jenkins - CB - South Florida

19. Philadelphia – Edogger - Kenny Phillips, S - Univ of Miami

20. Tampa Bay – CincyHokie - DeSean Jackson, WR, California

21. Washington – DC Bengals Fan - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson

22. Dallas (f/Cleveland) – Spor_tees - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

23. Pittsburgh – Bengals44 - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

24. Tennessee – Skyline - Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

25. Seattle – alex - James Hardy, WR, Indiana

26. Jacksonville – B24 - Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

27. San Diego – Bengalszone Billy - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

28. Dallas – Spor_tees

29. San Francisco (f/Indianapolis) – Monte

30. Baltimore (f/Green Bay) – CentralOhioBengal

31. New England – No Pick

32. NY Giants – Monte

Edited by B24

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an entire day without word from MAC D his pick has been forfeited to THURM-ELL :P

With the first pick of the Bengalszone 2008 Draft, the Miami Dolphins select;

Jake Long, Offensive Tackle, Michigan

This pick is without a doubt the safest, an offensive tackle that will produce for a decade plus, this also gives John Beck or possibly another QB some more protection, with also only 2 current offensive tackles on there roster this is an area of need anyway.

With the second pick in the 2008 fake NFL draft the St.Louis Rams select....DE, Chris Long, Virginia.

Reasons: IMHO the three greatest needs faced by the Rams are DE, OLT, and WR. DE gets the nod here, and that would have been the case even if Jake Long were available. In fact, Jake Long is the 6th rated player on my board, and only Glenn Dorsey and Vernon Gholsten would have been seriously considered had Miami drafted Chris Long. Dorsey was my 2nd choice, but his selection would have dictated moving Adam Carricker outside to LDE, something the Rams seem loath to do due to how well he played inside as a rookie. The also drafted DT/DE Clifton Ryam last season and he was outstanding in limited duty. The Rams expect him to challenge for a starting job this season....meaning they're set on the inside. Meanwhile, Ram defensive ends produced a combined 5.5 sacks last season, and the incumbent starters were 33 and 31 years old respectively. This left the choice between Long and Gholsten and I went with the player I consider superior right now....even though Gholsten has more upside.

After an entire day without word from MAC D his pick has been forfeited to THURM-ELL :P

With the first pick of the Bengalszone 2008 Draft, the Miami Dolphins select;

Jake Long, Offensive Tackle, Michigan

This pick is without a doubt the safest, an offensive tackle that will produce for a decade plus, this also gives John Beck or possibly another QB some more protection, with also only 2 current offensive tackles on there roster this is an area of need anyway.

I must apologize for forgetting about this yesterday. I got wrapped up in yard work and totally forgot about the mock draft. Please accept my apology.

However, Jake Long was going to be my choice for the Dolphins as they need to protect John Beck and open holes for Ronnie Brown inorder for the offense to effective. Defense may win championships, offense puts points on the board inorder to win those championships and Jake Long will help on the offensive line achieve this.

ooops - been out of town.

With the 3rd pick in the 2008 draft, Atlanta selects . . . . Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU .

They would have taken Jake Long, but he's gone.

They need to build the team from the lines => out.

Even though they signed defensive tackles this offseason, they havo nobody spectacular Rashad Moore, Simon Fraser and Kindal Moorehead, Tim Anderson, and Montavious Stanley won't scare anybody, and Grady was released.

Matt Ryan isn't worth a top 5 pick.

Vernon Gholston is a better fit for a 3-4.

Dorsey is better than Sedrick Ellis.

We spent to much $$$ on Michael Turner to consider DMC

ooops - been out of town.

With the 3rd pick in the 2008 draft, Atlanta selects . . . . Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU .

They would have taken Jake Long, but he's gone.

They need to build the team from the lines => out.

Even though they signed defensive tackles this offseason, they havo nobody spectacular Rashad Moore, Simon Fraser and Kindal Moorehead, Tim Anderson, and Montavious Stanley won't scare anybody, and Grady was released.

Matt Ryan isn't worth a top 5 pick.

Vernon Gholston is a better fit for a 3-4.

Dorsey is better than Sedrick Ellis.

We spent to much $$$ on Michael Turner to consider DMC

The Raid'ers select

Sedrick Ellis. The logic is they just lost their man in the middle, Warren Sapp and Ellis upgrades that position.

Let the hurling begin in Bengaldom.....

New England selects:

Branden Albert, OL, Virginia

The pats need help at CB, but there are no DBs worth a top 10 pick. LB is also a concern, but they just signed Hobson and the Pats have never taken a LB high in the 1st round. McFadden is tempting, but if the Pats want to help the offense the most adding a talented OL who can play almost any position is the best way to go.

Albert is big, athletic, versatile, and smart. He has been shooting up draft boards and anyone who remembers the Super Bowl will realize that offensive line is a big need for the Pats.

First shakeup!

There has been a trade:

Clackwoods:

Hey I want to trade you the Packers first and second rounders plus a fourth rounder next year for your pick. We don't have any pressing needs so I can afford to give up the picks for the player the pack want

Central OhioBengal:

Seems to fit the chart numbers for pick value. The Ravens need players. You've got a deal. You get the 8th, I get the packers, 30th and 35th? picks this year, and their 4th next year. I'll pm Thurmanation, you go ahead and post your pick in the 8th spot with explanation of the trade. Thanks. COB.

Packers get:8th pick

Ravens get: 30th and 35th pick and a fourth rounder next year

With the Eigth selection in the 2008 Bengalzone mock draft the Green Bay Packers select:

Darren McFadden from the University of Arkansas.

Green Bay needs a young corner which is why I almost took Cromartie with this pick. Cromartie is a big explosive corner that could take over for Al Harris who is 33 but McFadden who is the BPA is just to good to pass on. Farve is gone so the packers need someone who can give the fans their moneys worth. He will join Ryan Grant as a young explosive backfield and also gives the Packers protection if for some reason they are unable to resign Grant. This selection also aleviates some of the pressure off of Aaron Rodgers. I believe the Packers will use their third round pick in a deep draft for Corners to find someone to groom behind Harris and they could use their fourth on a te.

After two failed trade options, the Bengals select:

Keith Rivers, OLB, USC.

My analysis; After both big DT's were off the board i tried to trade down to get a DT without making a stretch, and maybe pick up a Defensive play maker in the trade, neither worked, I was also going to go ahead and take Mcfadden, but B-more let him slip to GB, so to me this was simply taking the best player on the board for our situation, we also NEED linebackers, and i'm no fan of back ups in PHX starting for us. Hopefully Odell will be back and play middle or WLB. if he doesn't we have old man Jones and Brooks.

PS; i was going to take Albert, but just noticed NE had taken him.

New Orleans selects CB - Leodis McKelvin Troy

The Saints need help all over the defensive side of the ball. With Rivers, Ellis, Gholston, Dorsey, and Long off the board, CB is the obvious choice. mcKelvin is the top corner in the draft and would provide the Saint a good coverman and a potential shut down corner in the future.

BUFFALO SELECTS: LIMAS SWEED, WR, TX

While there were thoughts of trading this pick to acquire Chad Johnson from the Cincinnati Bengals, the Bills decided to keep this pick and go in the direction of youth instead of an aging headcase...

Many may have looked for a CB here and Rodgers-Cromartie would have been an equally good pick, however, with the Bills playing a Tampa Two, the CB they need will still be able to be had in the second round.

Sweed is by far the most polished WR in the draft. His 6'4 frame will provide an excellent redzone target and his 4.5 speed will be a HUGE help in a very week Buffalo WR corps. He will help spread the offense and make Lee Evans even more of a downfield threat. His high character is yet another shining point.

Look for Buffalo to address either the CB or DE position in the 2nd round. With their high picks in the following rounds, they have many options...

With a great deal of sadness I have to report the death of Denver's fake GM, WhurChadAt. He will be sorely missed by friends, family, and those he he owed money to. However, I'm sure he would want us all to carry on just as he would, and with that in mind I read to you now his final words...posted in the mock draft he left to us just 5 short days ago. May those words bring us comfort and a measure of peace..

"12 Denver Broncos-Jeff Otah T- Need major help along the line." --- Whur Chad At

Fake Carolina is now on the clock. (sniff)

With a great deal of sadness I have to report the death of Denver's fake GM, WhurChadAt. He will be sorely missed by friends, family, and those he he owed money to. However, I'm sure he would want us all to carry on just as he would, and with that in mind I read to you now his final words...posted in the mock draft he left to us just 5 short days ago. May those words bring us comfort and a measure of peace..

"12 Denver Broncos-Jeff Otah T- Need major help along the line." --- Whur Chad At

Fake Carolina is now on the clock. (sniff)

LOL! but really times up and can a mod please delete all the posts off of here that are not a pick, thank you. Without further waiting;

The Denver Broncos select:

Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

reasoning: The broncos really need everything this year, the only real strong point on this team is its db's and even they are getting up in age. The D sucks stopping the run but they spent last years first 2 picks on Jarvis Moss and Crowder. they need something to keep pressure off of Jay Cutler and need holes to open for Travis Henry.

Sorry I forgot to check back in last night.

With the 13th pick in the draft, the Carolna Panthers select:

QB - Matt Ryan, Boston College

This was an easy pick. Jake is not getting any younger and the David Carr

experiment did not work out last year. Ryan is a franchise QB and Carolina

would waste no time selecting Ryan if he was available.

Da' Bears take WR Devin Thomas WR Michigan State.

No brainer. Their WR stink and Thomas immediately makes Rex much better.

I know they need OL help, but all the OL worth the pick were taken ridiculously early in this mock. In truth and fact, I expect they'll get Otah here, but Thomas is a nice fall back.

P.S. Tried to swing a draft day trade for Donovan McNabb, but Andy Reid was busy putting his kids into rehab.

P.P.S. I sincerely doubt that either Derrick Harvey or Leodis McKelvin lasts this long, but the Bears don't really need either position.

Alright Alright, the pick has been forfeited.

With the 15th pick in the Bengalszone 2008 draft, the Detroit Lions select;

Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tenn.

I originally said Dan Connor but hadn't realized DRC was still here. This is a no brainer

FINALLY!

With the 16th pick of the 2008 NFL draft the Cardinals draft CB Aquib Talib. This pick could have easily been Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall to replace the aging Edgerrin James, but the Cardinal's new head coach Ken Whisenhunt realizes from his time in Pittburgh that it's all about defense.

To move things along, I'm making the next pick. Sorry KazKal.

With the 17th pick in the NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select Derrick Harvey, defensive end out of Florida State.

Thurmanation sent me his pick in case of his absence.

With the 18th pick in the NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Mike Jenkins, cornerback out of South Florida.

Philadelphia/Edogger is now on the clock.

tank you b24, but i also recived a PM from Edogger, with the 19th pick in the draft,

The Phili Eagles select ; Kenny Phillips, S - Univ of Miami

He is agressive on the run support yet able to drop back into coverage. Philly needs to get a complimentary safety to play beside Dawkins, they haven't had the luck finding that in Considine.