Chad Johnson thread numer 1,068

CarsonDaMan

I posted this in the other thread, so I will paste it here as well...

NOTE: I DIDN'T WANT TO START A NEW THREAD...

I just sat and watched a video over on ESPN and he did an interview in response to Marvin's recent comments. If you haven't built up a disgust for Chad's antics yet, please go watch that video and see if your opinion doesn't change. Two things that stood out to me... When asked his opinion about the opinion of the people that have built an affection towards him, Chad said he has worried to much about the people that affection towards him and doesn't care about those people anymore. In case you can't figure that one out, it means he doesn't care about the fans anymore... The other thing is, regardless of how many times Chad was given the opportunity to add any comments, he couldn't come up with anything worth mentioning. He sounded like a complete MORON !!! I think the interviewer made Chad look like a grade A chump...

Oh yeah, let me go back on record and say... GO F*CK YOURSELF CHAD !!! YOU B*TCHASS MOTHERF*CKER !!!

WHODEY !!!

Wow. He sounded like a complete and utter idiot. I kind of felt embarrassed for the guy for a second...

then I remembered how big of an ass he was and just enjoyed him looking like a fool. I think Chad's knows he fighting a battle he's going to lose. He didn't expect the organization to stand up the way they did, and now he's suffering the consequences. And I don't care how much Chad is saying he's trying to get out of a losing situation, that's not the truth. It's all about the dollar dollar bill.

When asked his opinion about the opinion of the people that have built an affection towards him, Chad said he has worried to much about the people that affection towards him and doesn't care about those people anymore. In case you can't figure that one out, it means he doesn't care about the fans anymore...

That's just the thing, most of these guys can't figure that out.

When someone started a thread asking if fans would boo Chad, most of them said no.

As for me, I make my feelings known with signs & banners, I'd boo until my lungs hurt, and I might even learn how to curse in Spanish.

Also from ESPN....

Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis threw the media a curveball today when asked about the source of discontent for star receiver Chad Johnson.

"Because every time somebody gets a new contract, you're not the highest paid,'' Lewis responded at the league meetings in Palm Beach, Fla.

Bottom line, Chad gave in. He has finally realized that the Bengals won't play his petty games and realized that he'll lose money if he continues to act like a spoiled rich football player. Chad, respect from your peers, coaches and the fans don't just come automatically. You have to earn it, and you do that by giving 110%. We're not asking you to shut up or stop the celebrations. We're asking you to do what you do best. catch the ball and put it in the end zone.

Chad is starting to make me look bad... Chad please stfu!!!

On a good note, he did say WE, as in the team, need to do a better job... He also said he would be at camp!

So the Chad bandwagon is officially empty now?

Oh, and with Chad, I'd be more inclined to believe that's a royal "we". As in, me and my giant ego.

Don't worry...if he plays well this season, the bandwagon will fill right back up. I won't be on it, but I'm still hoping he's productive this season. With the latest Henry news, we're going to need it worse than ever.

im going on record to say im still on the bandwagon he is still a bengal so im on until he leaves if he does...i think he will have his best year because of this so hopefully we atleast get something outta this

Bottom line, Chad gave in.

Chad said he wasn't going to sit out weeks ago -- in fact, I think it was the day after he raised the possibility in the first place.

Personally, I think Chad has a point, as least as far as Marvin "taking bullets" for him. From whom? The media? The locker room? The front office? But in any event, dumb. You want Chad to change his behavior, let him deal with the consequences of his actions, don't shield him.

Chad said he wasn't going to sit out weeks ago -- in fact, I think it was the day after he raised the possibility in the first place.

Personally, I think Chad has a point, as least as far as Marvin "taking bullets" for him. From whom? The media? The locker room? The front office? But in any event, dumb. You want Chad to change his behavior, let him deal with the consequences of his actions, don't shield him.

People have criticized Marvin since he got here for turning a blind eye to Chad's behavior. Marvin always defended him, saying he's a passionate player, etc., etc. I think that's what Marvin is referring to, and he's dead on in saying that.

People have criticized Marvin since he got here for turning a blind eye to Chad's behavior. Marvin always defended him, saying he's a passionate player, etc., etc. I think that's what Marvin is referring to, and he's dead on in saying that.

In which case I'd hardly describe that as "taking bullets." But again, Chad's right: if people question his behavior, let him answer. It isn't Marvin's job to be Chad's PR flack.

In which case I'd hardly describe that as "taking bullets." But again, Chad's right: if people question his behavior, let him answer. It isn't Marvin's job to be Chad's PR flack.

That misses the point.

They are questioning whether Marvin has control of his team because of Chad's behavior. That's something Marvin has to be accountable for, not Chad. So, Marvin has to either tell Chad to shut up and get in line, or he has to take the media's bullets, tell them that Chad's behavior is ok, and to find something else to write about. Marvin is essentially saying that he's willing to continue to defend Chad, and yes...that IS part of his job.

It's just a natural byproduct of having someone like Chad play for your team. The coach is going to take some of the heat, whether that's fair or not.

No, as Chad said, it's not the same as having to put up with someone like Chris Henry or Pacman Jones, but what does that matter? That's like someone saying it's ok to cheat on a test, because there are a lot of other people out there who cheat more than you do. How often do you see Tony Dungy taking heat for the things his wide receivers do?

Sure, Chad...you've just got to be you. That's fine. But if that's the case, then you need to understand that " being you" causes your coach to have to do a lot of extra work concerning the media whether you feel it's justified or not.

Wow Chad made himself sound sooo stupid during that interview...Chad just wanted to stay on and get more and more attention....it was pathetic to hear him keep saying "Is that it?" and then when he was asked another question he wouldn't have an answer. Chad did nothing but solidify what many have started to think about him over the past year, he isn't a passionate player, but an attention whore who only cares about himself and no one else. Hey Chad, who do you think pays your paycheck? It's the fans who watch you every Sunday, not the owners...because without the fans there would be no owners.

Hey Chad, who do you think pays your paycheck? It's the fans who watch you every Sunday, not the owners...because without the fans there would be no owners.

Chad sits in condo, reads above post. Light bulb goes on over his head. Never looked at it that way! All becomes clear. With newfound insight into economics of professional sports, Chad affirmatively decides to mend his ways, become team player, and respect the game. A shiny object on the floor distracts Chad. Chad completely forgets what he was reading or thinking about and reverts to total douchebaggery.

That misses the point.

They are questioning whether Marvin has control of his team because of Chad's behavior. That's something Marvin has to be accountable for, not Chad. So, Marvin has to either tell Chad to shut up and get in line, or he has to take the media's bullets, tell them that Chad's behavior is ok, and to find something else to write about. Marvin is essentially saying that he's willing to continue to defend Chad, and yes...that IS part of his job.

So part of Marvin's job is to enable Chad's bad behavior? To go to war with the media versus telling Chad to shape up? Just want to make sure I have this straight for future reference.

So part of Marvin's job is to enable Chad's bad behavior? To go to war with the media versus telling Chad to shape up? Just want to make sure I have this straight for future reference.

I've been wondering for a couple of years if Chad isn't a large part of Marvin's problems with his team.

What if Marvin has wanted to jap-slap this punk all along but has been handcuffed by his boss and prevented from doing so?

It's pretty hard to get 53 players to all buy in and get on one page when there is a douchebag diva in there midst constantly going in any direction he chooses.

If I had been there when numbnutz took the camera, knowing it would draw a flag, I would have shot him in the neck with a pellet gun and I'm guessing Marv probably wanted to take some similar approach, but could not.

Vince Lombardi would have punched out Mike Brown years ago.