Goodell says Thurman on track

Defender

Sorry, I usually hate it when someone copies and pastes an article from bengals.com, but I thought this was funny...

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said here Monday that he remains encouraged by the progress of Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman and that he's operating on the same timetable for reinstatement.

Well that seems like good news...

...he said Monday that he'll decide before training camp if Thurman is reinstated after two years of sitting out because of violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Really?!?! Before training camp ya say? ALL HAIL GOODELL!!! HE'S GOING TO GRACE THE BENGALS ORGANIZATION BY BESTOWING UPON THEM HIS RULING IN FOUR MONTHS!!! I got $20 that says he sends the NFL media relations director down a mountain with a stone tablet that has Goodell's ruling engraved on it.

Not that I defend God-dell in any way, shape, or form -- but -- I am thinking that the silver lining in this wait is that Thurman himself is waiting - meaning he knows he is not yet "in the clear" and can't therefore "go out and celebrate" just yet.

The longer he goes without recreational chemicals (I include alcohol, mind you) in his bloodstream, the better for him and the better for us.

You also forgot to add from that article that the Bengals got 4 comp picks, a 3rd, a 6th, and 2 7th rounders...they were hoping on was a 5th, but hey they are the Bengals so what did you expect?

When I first saw the article, it only mentioned about the commisioner talking about the NFL owners meetings, Hobson must've updated it later. But most of the predictions about comp picks I've seen nailed the picks.

Not that I defend God-dell in any way, shape, or form -- but -- I am thinking that the silver lining in this wait is that Thurman himself is waiting - meaning he knows he is not yet "in the clear" and can't therefore "go out and celebrate" just yet.

The longer he goes without recreational chemicals (I include alcohol, mind you) in his bloodstream, the better for him and the better for us.

I read that he's declared himself a recovering alcoholic. If this is true, I would think that whether he were officially reinstated this afternoon or the weekend before training camp, he would abstain from any substance if he indeed decided to celebrate.

...he said Monday that he'll decide before training camp if Thurman is reinstated after two years of sitting out because of violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Really?!?! Before training camp ya say? ALL HAIL GOODELL!!! HE'S GOING TO GRACE THE BENGALS ORGANIZATION BY BESTOWING UPON THEM HIS RULING IN FOUR MONTHS!!! [b]I got $20 that says he sends the NFL media relations director down a mountain with a stone tablet that has Goodell's ruling engraved on it.[/quote]

MARVIN !!

ml: Yes GOD-el

I REQUIRE MACCARONI PICTURES AND SOAP SCULPTURES !!

ml: But I'm a football Coach.... What do you need them For ?

BECAUSE IT'S MY DIVINE RIGHT TO HAVE YOU PEE-ONS WORSHIP THE VERY GROUND I WALK ON. THROW IN SOME LITTLE NECKLACES MADE OUT OF POPCORN.

ml: I shall do your bidding..............My Master

:lol::lol::lol:

MARVIN !!

ml: Yes GOD-el

I REQUIRE MACCARONI PICTURES AND SOAP SCULPTURES !!

ml: But I'm a football Coach.... What do you need them For ?

BECAUSE IT'S MY DIVINE RIGHT TO HAVE YOU PEE-ONS WORSHIP THE VERY GROUND I WALK ON. THROW IN SOME LITTLE NECKLACES MADE OUT OF POPCORN.

ml: I shall do your bidding..............My Master

:lol::lol::lol:

:lmao: