14 members have voted

1. 1. Say we wanted to trade away Rudi, who would you take for him

• Shaun Alexander
    • Deuce Mccallister
    • Justin Fargas and a 3rd
    • Chester Taylor and a 3rd
    • Ronnie Brown and a 2nd
    • Selvin Young and a 3rd

I don't know if this is a joke, but none of those trades are even close. Rudi's trade value is pretty low after last year. Right now you probably couldn't get a 3rd rounder for Rudi, let alone a pick plus somebody else.

Now I like Rudi and hope he has a great comeback year, but them's the facts.

I agree.

If we got a late r3 for him, that would be value. I honestly don't see a team that is so depleted at RB who would make that deal though.

There are many "average" RB's out there who bounce around. Dayne, Ahman Green, Morency, Aveion Cason, Artose Pinner, Antonio Pittman, and so on and so on.

Rudi is now to the point where he is about as effective as any one of these guys. Not who you want toting the note every down and not someone who you just toss out an r2/r3 pick for.

I don't know if this is a joke, but none of those trades are even close. Rudi's trade value is pretty low after last year. Right now you probably couldn't get a 3rd rounder for Rudi, let alone a pick plus somebody else.

Now I like Rudi and hope he has a great comeback year, but them's the facts.

I agree.

If we got a late r3 for him, that would be value. I honestly don't see a team that is so depleted at RB who would make that deal though.

There are many "average" RB's out there who bounce around. Dayne, Ahman Green, Morency, Aveion Cason, Artose Pinner, Antonio Pittman, and so on and so on.

Rudi is now to the point where he is about as effective as any one of these guys. Not who you want toting the note every down and not someone who you just toss out an r2/r3 pick for.

I disagree, I think we could get a late 2nd for Rudi... Maybe Green Bay. Or From the Panthers. The Panthers seem like the best option for a trade because they've let Foster go, and turning the running game over to DeAngelo Williams. But I think the Panthers would jump on the chance to draft Mendenhall or Stewart. They've already been patient with injured runningbacks before, so this wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

I disagree, I think we could get a late 2nd for Rudi... Maybe Green Bay. Or From the Panthers. The Panthers seem like the best option for a trade because they've let Foster go, and turning the running game over to DeAngelo Williams. But I think the Panthers would jump on the chance to draft Mendenhall or Stewart. They've already been patient with injured runningbacks before, so this wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

No chance in hell a team gives a 2nd for a 28-year-old RB who scored a 2.9 YPC last year. Green Bay has a solid young RB who had a breakout year last year. Panthers have DeAngelo Williams who had a 5.0 YPC last year and will be 25 when the season starts. They liked him enough to release DeShaun Foster - if they do that, they're not trading a 2nd for Rudi

Forget it, teams don't trade day 1 picks for old RBs coming off of a bad year.

Just re-thinking this, there are a few teams that could use a solid guy, even if he is not the same back he once was.

San Diego...Michael Turner is gone, he could spell LT and extend his career behind a very good line. Not a bad fit.

KC...quick, name Larry Johnson's back-up...too late....won't take McFadden.

Chicago...no clear starter. Benson is redlining towards bust...decent line...need someone, probably in the draft.

Detroit...again, no clear starter. Tatum Bell could step up. Calhoun had that injury but could rebound...RB by committee at best.

So, there could be a match out there. What the suitor would offer, when it is clear he could end up cut, would not be too much. Question is shop him now and get some value, or give him a chance to show he still has wheels and, if not, possibly cut him in camp and get nothing?

Get value now, if you can find a suitor.

I refuse to believe that Rudi cannot bounce back if healthy.

If the dips**t OC could learn to emphasize the rush game as he should and Rudi is healthy, he will do just fine.

Dude has a huge heart and is a pro.

The masses around here have already written him off.

The masses are frequently wrong.

Have you guys watched Rudi's career?

Tossing him on the scrap heap because of one injury filled down year seems short-sighted and premature.

I will not give up on Rudi until I have too...

At this point I see no reason to give up on a pretty fine football player.

That being said, we do need to address the future as well as depth.

Rudi was a 4th round pick. No reason we can't find a player to develope in the 4th round again.

Phuck running back on day 1 of the draft.

I refuse to believe that Rudi cannot bounce back if healthy.

If the dips**t OC could learn to emphasize the rush game as he should and Rudi is healthy, he will do just fine.

Dude has a huge heart and is a pro.

The masses around here have already written him off.

The masses are frequently wrong.

Have you guys watched Rudi's career?

Tossing him on the scrap heap because of one injury filled down year seems short-sighted and premature.

I will not give up on Rudi until I have too...

At this point I see no reason to give up on a pretty fine football player.

That being said, we do need to address the future as well as depth.

Rudi was a 4th round pick. No reason we can't find a player to develope in the 4th round again.

Phuck running back on day 1 of the draft.

We have been watching Rudi... We've watched him decline as he gets slower and slower and his YPC goes down dramatically the last 2 years......

We have been watching Rudi... We've watched him decline as he gets slower and slower and his YPC goes down dramatically the last 2 years......

I'm not sure you have been watching.

Rudi absolutely carried the load here for three straight years. Yea, his YPC was down slightly in '06 but you guys talk like he sucked and I'd say that 1300 yards, 7th in the NFL, 12 TDs and 3.8 YPC ain't all that bad.

So, where is the dramatic decline over 2 years?

You guys can revel in throwing him on the scrap heap but you still only have one injury slowed year to point to as a reason to dump him and not one of you knows that Rudi is done, though you state it as fact.

If any player has earned a little loyalty from our crying baby fanbase, it's Rudi.

Outrageous

Egregious

Preposterous - Jackie Chiles

I'm not sure you have been watching.

Rudi absolutely carried the load here for three straight years. Yea, his YPC was down slightly in '06 but you guys talk like he sucked and I'd say that 1300 yards, 7th in the NFL, 12 TDs and 3.8 YPC ain't all that bad.

So, where is the dramatic decline over 2 years?

You guys can revel in throwing him on the scrap heap but you still only have one injury slowed year to point to as a reason to dump him and not one of you knows that Rudi is done, though you state it as fact.

If any player has earned a little loyalty from our crying baby fanbase, it's Rudi.

Outrageous

Egregious

Preposterous - Jackie Chiles

You're answering a question nobody asked. The question wasn't "is Rudi washed up", the question was "can we get anything for Rudi". I like Rudi as much as anybody, and don't think he's fully to blame for last year's troubles, but we'd not be negotiating from a position of strength. No team is handing us a day one pick for him. We're heading into camp with Rudi, and if he's not on the Game 1 roster it's because we cut him.