Chad Johnson Deal in the works

dirtydan

Anyway it was definitely a fun discussion to have especially to be able to have that frank conversation directly with someone of his caliber. I will say that a few of the other participants in the conversation def wanted to do the deal, so he was getting a hrad time for shooting it down so quickly...

Ruskell the GM was too busy signing Olindo Mare so did not make the event and give his insight into it.

For any Seahawks fans, he did mentioned that Deon Branch likley would play in 2008 and that they are still looking to upgrade at WR, prob in the draft..

Damn. So close. We'll be grieving this near miss for 20 years.

Yeah, but who should we blame?

Mike Brown or hip hop?

I bet it had something to do with the Bengals trying to circumvent the leagues salary cap policy...or it was Canada's fault...I swear that damn NAFTA agreement has everything screwed up.

Mike Brown or hip hop?

Chad.

All three. Mike Brown, hip hop, and Chad, in that order. Then in fourth, Delilah Goodell. He's out to get us big time, and by preventing us from fielding the great Nate Burleson he's blocked us from yet another Super Bowl. Damn you Goodell! When Zombie Paul Brown goes to the owners meeting he'll go Night of the Living Dead on Goodell's ass, and we'll be back in business. Forecast for the owners meeting: face gnawing.

Mike Brown or hip hop?

Chad.

All three. Mike Brown, hip hop, and Chad, in that order. Then in fourth, Delilah Goodell. He's out to get us big time, and by preventing us from fielding the great Nate Burleson he's blocked us from yet another Super Bowl. Damn you Goodell! When Zombie Paul Brown goes to the owners meeting he'll go Night of the Living Dead on Goodell's ass, and we'll be back in business. Forecast for the owners meeting: face gnawing.

I'll bet there's no rule against face-gnawing at the owner's meeting...

Mike Brown or hip hop?

Chad.

All three. Mike Brown, hip hop, and Chad, in that order. Then in fourth, Delilah Goodell.

Don't forget Lex Luthor. He's behind this all somehow. :lol:

Also, the Loch Ness Monster has agreed to sign on as a free agent center.

Local press (the inverness courier) reports Nessie going to either Washington or Dallas for a 2nd round pick and a half bottle of meths!

If you don't think Chad is getting traded I have some other news for you...

The Easter Bunny isn't the one who's hiding the colored eggs.

The money under your pillow wasn't put there by the tooth fairy, it was your parents.

There is no Jolly Ol' St. Nick sliding down your chimney, again that was your parents putting the presents under the tree.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if anyone thinks Chad is not on the block you are living with your head in the sand. Please someone tell me how having Chad's selfish whining a$$ on this team helps them win and helps with chemistry. I'm not questioning his ability; is he a great WR? Hell yes. Is he going to be a great distraction for this team and stand in it's way of moving forward? Hell yes.

If your answer is but; Marvin says we aren't trading him, tell me this: What would it do to his trade value if the Bengals showed everyone their hand and said "We are absolutely moving Chad, there is no way he will be on our roster come training camp." It's foolish to believe that the Bengals would do that.

Aside from that Marvin has a proven track record of being very upfront open and honest with the fans and media about injuries and personnel issues, right? Didn't think so. C'mon, really you think the same guy that sent TKO and Dillon packing is going to keep CJ after all this??? NO WAY.

From John McClain of the Houston Chronicle....

Johnson a no-show

Disgruntled receiver Chad Johnson is trying to talk and act his way out of Cincinnati, and Dallas is his choice of destination.

Johnson, one of the league's premier receivers, has blasted the Bengals since the season ended, refuses to speak with Cincinnati reporters and won't participate in the offseason program.

When the Bengals began their offseason conditioning program, coach Marvin Lewis talked to his players about Johnson's situation.

"What I addressed is that in the NFL, there are a lot of situations that occur, and they are not a bearing on any one particular player," Lewis told reporters. "Guys have different things that they are dealing with — whether it is pending free agency — there are a lot of variables that occur.

"And whatever occurs, this is professional football, you have to deal with it in your way. Some guys have been on this team for a year, two years, three years, made it last year as rookies, trying to make it as a new player; they're all in a little different situation. And they have to make sure this time is utilized in the correct way for them to prosper."

Johnson has told national media that Lewis hasn't spoken to him. Lewis said he's talked with Johnson "a few times" but declined to get specific.

"I don't need to weigh in on what my conversations are with Chad," Lewis said. "My conversations with Chad this year have been no different than they were a year ago."

Contract problems

The root of receiver Chad Johnson's problems with the Bengals is the same as the root of cornerback DeAngelo Hall's problems were with Atlanta — money. They might claim there are other issues, but those close to both players know it's money.

The Falcons couldn't get a first-round pick for Hall. They traded him to the Raiders, who gave him a new contract with $24 million guaranteed.

Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald's new contract that averages $10 million per year has gotten Johnson's attention.

Don't be surprised if the Bengals unloaded Johnson before or on draft day to a team that can afford to give him a new deal with at least $20 million guaranteed, which would rule out Dallas because the Cowboys can't afford it.

You're wrong. I don't care what Marvin says. Chad is on the block.

Since your so confident, man up and make a bet. If Chad is traded I'll never post here again... But, if Chad isn't traded you agree to make me, A-to-the-Green, a moderator! :o

First person I ban will be TJ, LMAO... No I'm just kidding. I wouldn't even use the controls, I'd just love the beauty of it.

Since your so confident, man up and make a bet. If Chad is traded I'll never post here again... But, if Chad isn't traded you agree to make me, A-to-the-Green, a moderator!

Be careful Walz. I'd be wary of negotiating anything with someone as unstable as young Mr. Green.

Besides, even if you win, you would only be eliminating 80% of the laughably nonsensical lunacy that this board has to offer. Not really sure we would want that.

I don't even want to think of the consequences of losing such a bet.

NO DEAL!

You're wrong. I don't care what Marvin says. Chad is on the block.

*shrug*

Carson is in that sense also on the block.

For the right price, anyone can be had/traded for.

Problem is, the "right price" for a superstar player is generally a lot higher than most teams are willing to offer....so this takes such trades rare to the point that they approach impossibility.

Some people choose to round up and call it impossible. It isn't - but no big deal either way.

So...we are going to trade Chad and take an $8 million hit against the cap, take on Burleson's salary, and have to sign TWO 1st round picks???

Sure.

If we trade Chad, we'll have to trade him for next to nothing because we won't be able to afford any "good" player we get in return, and we won't be able to afford any high draft picks.

So...we are going to trade Chad and take an $8 million hit against the cap, take on Burleson's salary, and have to sign TWO 1st round picks???

Sure.

If we trade Chad, we'll have to trade him for next to nothing because we won't be able to afford any "good" player we get in return, and we won't be able to afford any high draft picks.

Let me start off by saying that I used to love Chad before he went crazy. I thought his antics were hilarious and the media twisted them to make him look bad. He needs to stop melting down on his team and melt down on the media instead. With that being said, I believe we could trade him (Which at this point im ok with) if he agreed to a new contract with the team we trade him to. This would eliminate the cap hit right? Also, we need to get a decent wr back and a 1st and maybe 3rd. TJ can run as the 1st reciever and even though we can't depend on him, Henry will be ok. If anything we could use the 3rd rounder to get another wr. Also, with the two first rounders we can get one of the DT's or Rivers with 9 and then get Connor or that DT from North Carolina, depending on what we do with our first pick to improve our defense dramatically. Carson will be good no matter who he is throwing to much the same way Brady was good when he didn't have WR's.

Carson will be good no matter who he is throwing to much the same way Brady was good when he didn't have WR's.

If we build an offensive line that Palmer can find adequate time behind, this statement will hold true. My point is any Cincy fan who watched even the minimal amount of games last year saw Carson more often than not was hurried in his throws, and either checked off to secondary receivers, or even worse...forced throws.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This game is won in the trenches, and the Bengals have been losing on both fronts.

BUILD THE LINES!!! :bengal: