Chad Johnson

HoosierCat

If I was Chad I would want out of Cincy too.

Seriously. That backwoods hickville is down at the bottom of the list of where most NFL players would want to be. Then you have the jackass fans on top of it? Please..

Jackass fans? That totally explains your presence here. Thank for enlightening us Joe Wrong.

What a POS. <_<

Explain to me how this doesn't officially make JoeWrong a Troll?

Perhaps we should be nicer to Joe Pong. After all, he just had his ass handed to him over at GoBengals, and was probably in a bad mood.

I'm sure he'll cheer up soon.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic, I think I welcome the news that Chad is skipping the voluntaries. The idea of him losing a $250k bonus makes me smile almost as much as the news that he won't be around to poison the well from the very start. Besides, he knows the offense cold and doesn't need extra conditioning.

As for what the Bengals should say in response to his announcement, I'd like to see them wish Agent Ocho well as he embarks on what promises to be a truly remarkable acting career.

Stale hell, more like. Same old same old, just delivered with less passion.

I'd say the interview on ESPN this morning was less passionate, mostly due to the way Chad admitted how badly he played last season and how out of line he was during the halftime meltdown. After all, it's not often Chad Johnson acknowledges his faults or his douchbag tendencies. That said, he amped it up a bit on Total Access. Worse, the same old same old from Chad hurt the Bengals badly last season, and threatens to derail the coming season even before it starts.

But I must admit, the more Chad annoys you, Hair, the more I like him.

I think you're just overcompensating for being wrong about Chad again. It's been less than a week since you claimed he had "gone dark" and the empty excuses Generalreedle and you offered about him not being a douchbag "right at this given moment" already seem obsolete.

The jist of my post last week was to wait until Chad actually said something stupid again, before getting your panties in a twist again. I also said when he did open up his mouth, let the tirade begin. Both of which are legitimate comments, and are hardly obsolete. It just seems getting all bent out of shape over what somebody might say instead of what they have actually said is just a plain waste of time and energy. Now, with that being said, since Chad has once again said something stupid, let the ranting begin!

P.S.-It is actually generaldreedle, not generalreedle. :sure:

Seriously. That backwoods hickville is down at the bottom of the list of where most NFL players would want to be. Then you have the jackass fans on top of it? Please..

Jackass fans? That totally explains your presence here. Thank for enlightening us Joe Wrong.

What a POS. <_<

Perhaps we should be nicer to Joe Pong. After all, he just had his ass handed to him over at GoBengals, and was probably in a bad mood.

Huh? I am the one who has been saying all along O'Neal would not be traded. That would make me correct once again - far different than having my ass handed to me...whatever that means. People get infuriated that I oint out how ridiculous their comments are and call me names. So what?

What a POS. <_<

Huh? I am the one who has been saying all along O'Neal would not be traded. That would make me correct once again - far different than having my ass handed to me...whatever that means. People get infuriated that I oint out how ridiculous their comments are and call me names. So what?

Actually, I don't mind debate and differing points of view. I just question how productive it is to call the fan base 'jackasses'. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you sound like a jerk. Perhaps you are not one, but you sound like one.

Huh? I am the one who has been saying all along O'Neal would not be traded.

True, but it's hardly a unique perspective. In fact, I've been saying the very same things for three years running.

That would make me correct once again - far different than having my ass handed to me...whatever that means.

Again, your opinion wasn't unique as lot's of people were just as correct. However, none of them were subject to the same type of profane reaction that was directed at you. And perhaps that's true due to how you seemed to go out of your way patting yourself on the back with one hand and flipping off the crowd with the other.

People get infuriated that I oint out how ridiculous their comments are and call me names. So what?

So what?

Well, nothing. I don't mind name calling and I respect correct opinions over popular ones. So truth be told I like you more than most others seem to. That said, the negative reaction you always seem to generate from message board to message board always amuses me. In fact, you might be the only poster I know who manages to lose the respect of others each time you're proven correct.

Again, rage on my brutha.

P.S.-It is actually generaldreedle, not generalreedle. :sure:

My apologies. Won't happen again.

The jist of my post last week was to wait until Chad actually said something stupid again, before getting your panties in a twist again. I also said when he did open up his mouth, let the tirade begin. Both of which are legitimate comments, and are hardly obsolete.

With all due respect, I call BS. Ignoring the things Chad Johnson said very recently is little more than an act comparable to putting your head in the sand. Worse, it's naive to think anything has changed simply because he's not repeating his rants every day. Simply put, this is the new Chad Johnson we're seeing, and it's not going to change.

It just seems getting all bent out of shape over what somebody might say instead of what they have actually said is just a plain waste of time and energy.

It's not a matter of what Chad might say. It's a matter of what he has said, and will keep saying over and over....publically and privately. Worse, the agent whispering into Chad's ear has almost certainly told him not to worry about the repercussions of following in TO's team chemistry destroying path, because in the end Owens got paid. And that's a critical point that most people seem to be ignoring. In short, whether Chad Johnson is forced to remain a Bengal...he no longer sees himself as a Bengal.

Now, with that being said, since Chad has once again said something stupid, let the ranting begin!

Again, why wait? Predicting Chad Johnson would unleash a fresh round of unprofessional hell was the safest prediction anyone could make. In fact, it's a given that whenever he feels compelled to reopen the wounds he'll find a camera or microphone and continue his douchebagging and bojangling ways.

Fresh hell awaits us still.

People get infuriated that I oint out how ridiculous their comments are and call me names. So what?

I never get infuriated - I laugh and laugh and laugh at all the times you claim you are right when you are absolutely-100%-dead wrong. Your comments are generally (agreen is a tough competitor in this arena) the dumbest and least-informed I have read anywhere on any subject.

I look forward to your upcoming tirades on how the Pope is Protestant and how stupid the rest of us all are not to know that.

I never get infuriated - I laugh and laugh and laugh at all the times you claim you are right when you are absolutely-100%-dead wrong. Your comments are generally (agreen is a tough competitor in this arena) the dumbest and least-informed I have read anywhere on any subject.

Example please?

The fact is I am just informed, probably more so, than most. The difference is, most people around here read something from a columnist or a message board, it gets discussed and at some point becomes fact in the minds of a lot of people. I think I have better "source memory" than most people. It's a psychological phenomenon. You get sources confused and you are not able to distingusih fact from fiction. It's why eye witness testimony is so unreliable. Someone from ESPN will report something. You never hear from the any reliable source, but in people's minds, they did. For example, people on a message board clamor for Deltha O'Neal to be cut. John Clayton brings it up on Sportscenter. After a while, people think it's a strong possibility that the bengals are actually thinking about cutting him just because fans want him to be.

Here's another example. I don't know how many times I have had to correct people about the dropped interception by Lewis Billups in the Superbowl. Probably 90% of bengal fans somehow have a vivid memory that that occurred on the last drive of the game and would have sealed a win for the bengals. I correct them about that and nobody believes me. They call me names and say I don't know what I'm talking about since EVERYONE else remembers it a certain way, so I must be the one that's wrong. I even had to post the actual play-by-play once to get people to believe it occurred in a drive that stratedn 3rd quarter. Even after that many people didn't believe it. One guy even went back to watch the tape of the game to prove me wrong.

It's become like some mass brainawashing of bengal fans. It would make a good psychology experiment. An event that people claim to remember so vividly and in great detail, yet they are so wrong about the circumstances. They believe Billups cost us the game, so they have somehow altered the memory of the event so that it occurred right before Montana threw the game winning TD pass. Bengal fans talk to each other and post on forums about it, and their false memory is reinforced by fellow bengal fans. Eventually it becomes truth in their own mind.

Laughable and completely unrealistic. That's all I have to say about your crazy idea.

I could honestly care less what you have to say about it. What's YOUR solution? Throw some more money at the guy that wants out? Give him a blowjob on the 50 yarder? Don't forget to swallow sweat pea. Your boyfriend Chad will accept nothing less. We build a defense we can go all the way without Chad Johnson. I thought NY proved that. Oh wait they did. With a badass D you can beat the Mosses and "unbeatable". Let's see what do we have without Ocho Twinko? TJ... Henry... PALMER who runs circles around Eli ANY day, possibly Utecht. Hmmm good enough for me. Throw in a proven vet for a season, maybe two, such as Terry Glenn not too bad a pass threat. Plus no Chad running morale into the ground....

What DON'T we have? Ohhhh that's right a defense. Well we could get rid of king crybaby pick two stud on defense in the first round a few in the 2nd and 3rd's and BUILD a defense... So like yeah, what's YOUR solution? "Upgrade" to the low 20's on D and keep Chad? Gimme a break. Enjoy your 8-8 seasons with that mentality.

Has he actually come out and said it's a new contract he's after? I haven't seen that anywhere.

His agent admitted some time ago that renegotiating his existing contract was something they had tried and failed to do....probably because the Bengals have more pressing needs than renegotiating Chad's contract every two years. His trade demands began some time after that. Reach your own conclusions about whether the two positions are related or simply an odd coincidence.

There's also this. During the Total Access rant Chad went on and on about how it's always about money, and how money is the motivation for everything you do. He then closed that portion of his rant by saying he didn't ...."want more money from where I'm at."

In short, Chad has crafted his trade demands around the desire for a change in scenery and lofty Super Bowl goals, things that deflect the criticism he'd surely receive if he were honest about his salary demands. But there's the rub because Chad knows a trade will be quickly followed by a renegotiated contract that gives him everything he wants. That being, more money and a fresh start in a city that hasn't grown tired of his act.

Last point. Don't be too impressed by Chad's talk about wanting to play for a Super Bowl contender as one of the teams he's expressed the most interest in playing for is a 1-15 Miami Dolphins team that lacks almost everything, including a true starting QB. But I have no doubts Chad would happily play for the Dolphins if the price was right.

Ok. So it seems he's sort of straddling the line between unhappy over contract and unhappy for losing too much, but no one is exactly sure what it is - assuming it's either unhappiness with Marvin or the front office, both, or his contract, but who the hell knows with him.

At this point I think it's just mental illness and there's not much that can be done other than hope he shuts up and plays - a la Strahan.

Ok. So it seems he's sort of straddling the line between unhappy over contract and unhappy for losing too much, but no one is exactly sure what it is - assuming it's either unhappiness with Marvin or the front office, both, or his contract, but who the hell knows with him.

I'll add a third possibility. Simply put, he's too immature to accept criticism, and after his poor play last season he's gotten plenty of it. And rather than improve his play he's opted for the easy way out. That being, a change in scenery and the healthy bump in pay that would came with it. After all, leadership is hard.

At this point I think it's just mental illness and there's not much that can be done other than hope he shuts up and plays - a la Strahan.

Sadly, Chad Johnson has never acted like a professional. All that's changed is he's gotten much worse. As for what I'd expect out of him this season....why would he step off of the TO path now? Why would anyone expect anything but a divisive lockerroom presence and a buttload of dropped passes at the worst possible moments?

Come to think of it, that's a fair description of Chad's last season.

Not surprising that Joe would be the one to join Green in defense of this ass*ole.

Let me tell you, Joe, I have been with this team since the very beginning. I have known a lot of Bengals fans over those 40 years. There is one thing that most of the fans that I know personnally, share in common. We all have hung in with this team through a whole lot of bullsh*t. Once, down here in Houston, the stealer fans, who had us outnumbered about 40 to 3, were all patting themselves on the back about what die-hard fans they were. I boldly stood up before the whole crowd and told them that the 3 most loyal fans in this bar were the 3 guys sitting here at this Bengals table. I said that if your team had gone through all of the negative bullsh*t that ours has, 90% of you would not be here.

True Bengals fans are damn near Cubs fans, so...

Stick it up your azz, Joe.

Not surprising that Joe would be the one to join Green in defense of this ass*ole.

Let me tell you, Joe, I have been with this team since the very beginning. I have known a lot of Bengals fans over those 40 years. There is one thing that most of the fans that I know personnally, share in common. We all have hung in with this team through a whole lot of bullsh*t. Once, down here in Houston, the stealer fans, who had us outnumbered about 40 to 3, were all patting themselves on the back about what die-hard fans they were. I boldly stood up before the whole crowd and told them that the 3 most loyal fans in this bar were the 3 guys sitting here at this Bengals table. I said that if your team had gone through all of the negative bullsh*t that ours has, 90% of you would not be here.

True Bengals fans are damn near Cubs fans, so...

Stick it up your azz, Joe.

Hear hear.

Based on this, no. Just stale, barely-reheated leftovers.

Or perhaps used douchbaggery?

Chad's got nothing on the actual cancers that have infected this team.

By the way, I wonder what the hits on the "Agent Ocho" webisodes look like? The Degree folks must just be loving this...best endorsement deal they ever signed.

Based on this, no. Just stale, barely-reheated leftovers.

Fair enough. I guess you can sit out any further discussions about team chemistry since you seem determined to ignore or downplay what you're seeing. But by all means, keep bashing the press for having the indecency to print what he's actually saying.

Chad's got nothing on the actual cancers that have infected this team.

He's no better. Salary plays, attempts to talk your way off a team, selfish ineffective play, and ignored leadership responsibilities all look the same.

By the way, I wonder what the hits on the "Agent Ocho" webisodes look like? The Degree folks must just be loving this...best endorsement deal they ever signed.

Chad Johnson couldn't sell lube in a whorehouse.

But by all means, keep bashing the press for having the indecency to print what he's actually saying.

They can report what he says all they want. Let's just wait until he actually says it.

He's no better.

Certainly not, he's not even good at it. He's like -- if there was such a thing -- hair follicle cancer. Vanishes for weeks at a time, ratchets rhetoric down, not up, can't stay on message (winning, not winning, about money, not money)...he's the Michael Dukakis of cancers.

They can report what he says all they want. Let's just wait until he actually says it.

But he has said it. In fact, aren't you currently claiming there's no impact being felt because he's simply repeating himself?

He's like -- if there was such a thing -- hair follicle cancer.

Hair follicle cancer? Funny you should mention that as it was my original choice for a user name. Sadly, it was already taken and I didn't want to settle for HairFollicleCancer16875.

In fact, aren't you currently claiming there's no impact being felt because he's simply repeating himself?

Pretty much. Outside of message board threads like this one, the impact has been...what? A wire story on espn.com? A mention in "Ben Maller's rumors" on foxsports.com? All off an interview on the NFL Network (which is seem by about 0.001% of US households) -- which was mainly done to peddle an antiperspirant? Yawn.