Chad Johnson

HoosierCat

First of all, for those of you that did not notice it Chad tanked it bigtime last year.

If you doubt my words go back and look at the tape.He was careful to keep up his stats while fumbling at crucial times or dropping important passes such as 3rd down,look at his TD's compaired to other years--maybe he even bet against the team.

This is where the problem is with him, I think Marvin has called him out on it and that is his excuse to demand a trade.

I knew that this would happen when he(Chad) hired Drew Rosenhaus, its the same thing that Rosenhaus pulled with T.O.

To have to be traded because he got no respect,TWICE

The Problem is when Rosenhaus was hired by Chad he was already under a long term contract that Chad was more than happy with at the time-- The problem is Rosenhaus does not make any money on Chad's old contract,he only gets paid on a contract that he gets for Chad and the price for a #1 WR has much more than doubled since the old contract.

Therefore Rosenhaus tells Chad how underpaid and disrespected he is and ONLY HE has the plan to get Chad the respect he should have.

I recall when Eric Dickerson wanted to re-do his contract and the club said no--Dickerson started what he called a work slow-down where he would run out of bounds and basicaly give about 75% that is what Chad did last year plus sabotage his team and cost them a few wins.

Its part of the Rosenhaus plan--which includes tampering and should have him kicked out of the league.

The problem is that the Bengals cant give in because they will be giving in to other players over and over again.

And if they make Chad play he will just tank it again.

My solution would be to set Chad down(without Rosenhaus) and tell him that IF he gives them one more season an 100% that will sign him to a new contract which would either give a slight raise and that contract would be one that they could easily cut or trade him and tell him if he is still unhappy at the end of the year they will trade him but trade him to Oakland or Miami.

Rosenhaus was tampering and trying to get him traded to Miami earlier which is funny since Chad claims he wants traded so he can win a Super Bowl.--Which is why I am sure that most of this is coming from Rosenhaus whispering in Chads ear the same way Don King screwed up Mike Tyson

I feel like Chad is spitting in the face of every kid that idolizes him,every idiot like me that bought several Chad Johnson jerseys,ect basicaly all Bengals fans to get a few dollars.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, for those of you that did not notice it Chad tanked it bigtime last year.

If you doubt my words go back and look at the tape.He was careful to keep up his stats while fumbling at crucial times or dropping important passes such as 3rd down,look at his TD's compaired to other years--maybe he even bet against the team.

This is were the problem is with him, I think Marvin has called him out on it and that is his excuse to demand a trade.

I knew that this would happen when he(Chad) hired Drew Rosenhaus, its the same thing that Rosenhaus pulled with T.O.

To have to be traded because he got no respect,TWICE

The Problem is when Rosenhaus was hired by Chad he was already under a long term contract that Chad was more than happy with at the time-- The problem is Rosenhaus does not make any money on Chad's old contract,he only gets paid on a contract that he gets for Chad and the price for a #1 WR has much more than doubled since the old contract.

Therefore Rosenhaus tells Chad how underpaid and disrespected he is and ONLY HE has the plan to get Chad the respect he should have.

I recall when Eric Dickerson wanted to re-do his contract and the club said no--Dickerson started what he called a work slow-down where he would run out of bounds and basicaly give about 75% that is what Chad did last year plus sabotage his team and cost them a few wins.

Its part of the Rosenhaus plan--which includes tampering and should have him kicked out of the league.

The problem is that the Bengals cant give in because they will be giving in to other players over and over again.

And if they make Chad play he will just tank it again.

My solution would be to set Chad down(without Rosenhaus) and tell him that IF he gives them one more season an 100% that will sign him to a new contract which would either give a slight raise and that contract would be one that they could easily cut or trade him and tell him if he is still unhappy at the end of the year they will trade him but trade him to Oakland or Miami.

Rosenhaus was tampering and trying to get him traded to Miami earlier which is funny since Chad claims he wants traded so he can win a Super Bowl.--Which is why I am sure that most of this is coming from Rosenhaus whispering in Chads ear the same way Don King screwed up Mike Tyson

I feel like Chad is spitting in the face of every kid that idolizes him,every idiot like me that bought several Chad Johnson jerseys,ect basicaly all Bengals fans to get a few dollars.

Yeah, what he said... I also believe that NO PLANES hit the twin towers on 9/11.

Wow what a joke, this guy has become such a loser wow. Fine u wanna play for a winning team, well how about u find a way to help this team win. I think we now know what kind of a leader Chad is and always will be. As much as i hate to say this and i know this team will not be as good without him, but i think hes really going to bring this team down this year, and our great head coach Marvin better figure out what to do before he really makes things bad. This team will not be a playoff team till they firgue out what to do with this joke of a player.

Yup, fresh hell. I told ya.

Then again, the easiest prediction anyone can ever make is guessing Chad Johnson is about to be a douchebag again.

"I need change."

"I need a change of scenery."

"I said what I said months ago. Nothing's changed. Why you wanna hear it again?"

"I'm tired of trying to make people like me. It don't matter to me no more."

"Im a likable guy. If you don't like me you're the one with a problem. It ain't on me."

"The grass isn't always greener somewhere else, but I've got a water hose and enough seeds to make it green where I go."

"It's always about money. Everything we do is about money."

"But I don't want more money from where I'm at."

"I could sit out. Why couldn't I sit here with you guys for 16 weeks?"

"I ain't playing. Look in my eyes."

My concern centers on Chad's friendly relationship with Rich Eisen, and his inability to notice when he's being baited.

And it isn't just Eisen who does it. Chad, because he's not too bright, gets taken advantage of by the media. They invite him on, act real nice to his face, provoke him into saying something completely stupid (admittedly said provocation often consists only of putting a functional microphone in front of CJ's face), then an hour later they all lambast him for being a selfish douchebag. I heard Adam Shein do this exact thing during the season last fall. "Oh Chad, things are tough for you in Cinci, can you hang on brother?", then Chad unloads and afterwards Shein and Wilcotts were bashing him for his selfish line of crap. Chad is just there to be had. And because of that he has become a sort of can't miss staple for some of these shows.

I'm telling you I would trade him for WR Roy Williams and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Or pretty much any other elite WR, I wish Fitzgerald hadn't signed a new contract, I woulda done that straight up and we would've gotten a good character guy.

F*** that. Terry Glenn and one of DC's 1st rounders for Chad straight up.

i don't really have time to read all the comment son this since i have to wake up in 6 hours, but i did read the first few and my linebacker coach/DC all through high school said it best: "If you go into battle thinking your already defeated you are. But if you go into battle thinking your the baddest mother f**ker in the valley you might stay up right long enough to win a few games"

I'm telling you I would trade him for WR Roy Williams and a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Or pretty much any other elite WR, I wish Fitzgerald hadn't signed a new contract, I woulda done that straight up and we would've gotten a good character guy.

Holy cow! T.O. and Chad on the same offense? They'd be awesome...if they didn't implode in training camp.

No way do I take Terry Glenn for anyone on this team.

:lol:

Maybe since Jason Taylor is going to be on Dancing with the Stars, Chad can be the celebrity du jour and make the rounds on the reality TV circuit. I'd love to see Simon Cowell rip into Chad!

Or maybe Stacey and Clinton could start a new show with Chad and call it "What Not to Say."

I love Stacy!!! She's hot!!! Maybe Chad and Simon would get into a fight and break each other's jaw and they'd have to have their mouths

wired shut!!!

:lol:

Maybe since Jason Taylor is going to be on Dancing with the Stars, Chad can be the celebrity du jour and make the rounds on the reality TV circuit. I'd love to see Simon Cowell rip into Chad!

Or maybe Stacey and Clinton could start a new show with Chad and call it "What Not to Say."

I love Stacy!!! She's hot!!! Maybe Chad and Simon would get into a fight and break each other's jaw and they'd have to have their mouths

wired shut!!!

That would likely take more wire than the doctors have on hand.

Just flipped on TV and found 85 talking in code on NFL Network...not saying what he's saying but saying he's said his piece. The reference of course is that he wants out of Cincy, as he has made abundantly clear.

What

a

meritless

clown.

When asked what the ideal scenario is...he says change...needs a fresh start. He wants out.

He says..."if you don't like me, then there is something wrong with you..." alluding to ML and the organization.

At ths point, there is no reconciliation coming. This guy is done.

The look that Woodson gives Chad is classic. Somewhere between disdain and pity.

Stale hell, more like. Same old same old, just delivered with less passion.

I'd say the interview on ESPN this morning was less passionate, mostly due to the way Chad admitted how badly he played last season and how out of line he was during the halftime meltdown. After all, it's not often Chad Johnson acknowledges his faults or his douchbag tendencies. That said, he amped it up a bit on Total Access. Worse, the same old same old from Chad hurt the Bengals badly last season, and threatens to derail the coming season even before it starts.

But I must admit, the more Chad annoys you, Hair, the more I like him.

I think you're just overcompensating for being wrong about Chad again. It's been less than a week since you claimed he had "gone dark" and the empty excuses Generalreedle and you offered about him not being a douchbag "right at this given moment" already seem obsolete.

My concern centers on Chad's friendly relationship with Rich Eisen, and his inability to notice when he's being baited.

And it isn't just Eisen who does it. Chad, because he's not too bright, gets taken advantage of by the media. They invite him on, act real nice to his face, provoke him into saying something completely stupid (admittedly said provocation often consists only of putting a functional microphone in front of CJ's face), then an hour later they all lambast him for being a selfish douchebag.

I don't disagree, but in this example Chad wasn't baited by anyone. I recorded "Total Access" and "Path to the Draft" while I was at work and after coming home watched the Chad interview on Total Access first....followed an hour or so later by Path to the Draft. At the very end of the latter program they show Chad getting out of an SUV in the studio parking lot. He quickly spies the camera and it's fair to say that he started douchebagging immediately. Specifically, as he approaches the door to the studio he notices that someone has hung a Chad Johnson Fathead on the door. Without any prompting form anyone Chad says..."I'm not sure if I like the uniform. Let's see what I'm wearing this season."

Bottom Line: Chad Johnson showed what his agenda was even before setting foot in the studio.

I'm tired of the Chad rant as well, but I'd be willing to bet on the " Snow ball in Hell" over Chad playing for someone else in '08.

- Marvin & Darth Brown have to show that they're in control of the team.

- Chad admittedly knows his contractual commitment to the team, because he said " If I'm in Cincy' ,You (fans-nflnetwork) will still get Chad ".

- Then ultimately the biggest problems of trading Chad, 1 - Who do we get in Return ???

* Chad could spit fire breathing Tarantula's out of his mouth for all I care, but the fact remains, This isn't a very talented wide receiver draft, and draft picks don't guarantee success with first round wide-outs.

- Then of course, Who Wants him ???

Dallas, ??

Redskins ??

Everyone else ???

Who Gives up his true value in players and draft picks !!!

I mean, Jerry Johnson got 5 players & 4 draft picks for Hershel Walker, !! Find Me another Wide receiver that guarantees 90 catches a year. 1300 + yards a year. A deep threat ! A crowd favorite ! etc. etc..

- I just don't think it's in this year's draft.

In other words, Next Case :cheers:

This is the best he can do? Boycott the first voluntary workout. Whoop T Do.

The Bengals evidently will have a salary bomb explode if they cut 85 or trade him. This means they'll have to terminate people on their team to get rid of the guy. Chad will have to get mean and act the saboteur to the team before they'll consider moving him. Far from it with this tantrum.

Blame the NFl for their screwy salary, compensation and trade rules. Should be much easier to do trades in the NFL, just to accommodate head cases such as 85.

He loses a 250,000 dollar bonus. Do you honestly think Mike Brown doesn't want it ?????

:huh::huh::huh:

If he holds out of Trainning camp, he'll lose like 5,000 a day !

Ok Here's the Odd's...

One ( 1 ) fresh , 2 lb Colorado Snowball thrown directly in hell..... or

Chad Johnson playing for another team in '08 ?? - Which one has the greater odds of happening !

I've got 2 to 1 on the Snowball B)

Holy cow! T.O. and Chad on the same offense? They'd be awesome...if they didn't implode in training camp.

Yup. Would be sweet. Could kiss that N.E. 18-1 goodbye.

I mean, Jerry Johnson got 5 players & 4 draft picks for Hershel Walker, !!

Jerry Jones. ;)

But yeah. I still say trade for Terry Glenn and a 1st. Why? Glenn can hold us off for a year on drafting a new WR and that extra pick could really, REALLY help the D or Oline.