Steelers: the new "bad boys" of the NFL?

Defender

After I read the very good article, I read the comments below it from readers, and I was utterly amazed that some could still defend their Steelers for the domestic abuse cases by attacking the writer. The ignorance observed was plainly mind blowing! :o

To be very honest, part of the problem with news-worthy information like this is that folks end up thinking it is smack. It is anything but that. You all known well that I have lived in Western Pennsylvania for 17 years now. It wasn't until the last few years that I think folks 'accepted me' enough to let me in on what everyone around here knows but doesn't talk about with outsiders ... that the Rooney's rule and all-things Steelers and Steelers players is and will be covered up ... no matter the length the local officials must go to to ensure it happens. Now I personally believe the Roger Goodell hiring is only another part of that, but I accept that I may be wrong about that and may very well have bought in too much to the mafia/conspiracy part of it. But even putting the Goodell and his documented local ties aside, Madden's article is spot-on. Some will say he is just trying to 'ruffle feathers', but from time to time, the guy truly is simply daring to go where no life-loving human living in Western Pennsylvania should ever dare to go. I cannot tell you how many 'whispers' over the years I have heard where a certain Steeler was stopped, involved, or whatever by local police ... only for the 'problem' to go away the very next day. I agree with Mark Madden on this ... you will see these 'problems' disappear, if at least locally. It's corruption ... through and through. Just another reason I need out of this land.

I only object to the headline: "Steelers No Different Than Bengals." Like we're still the poster child franchise for thugism. We haven't been for awhile now, but to ESPN, FOX, etc., we still are. To learn otherwise would involve a little research, ie work, so forget that. Let's just call them the thug Bengals again, now run that story on that altar boy, Tommy Brady! What, that one's not available? OK, run that one on Brett Favre again. I'm telling ya, he's like a kid out there, look at him bumping chests with his receivers! All for the love of the game, oh God, Brett, (sob)...

I only object to the headline: "Steelers No Different Than Bengals." Like we're still the poster child franchise for thugism. We haven't been for awhile now, but to ESPN, FOX, etc., we still are.

One thing that caught my eye while reading the reader comments was the Turdwatch scoreboard someone posted. Frankly, I never bother visiting the PFT website so I hadn't seen this years totals. Amongst the leaders were the Vikings, Steelers, and Patriots. And the Bengals score is zero, right?

It's almost like the Vikings are still sailing on the Loveboat, but nobody seems to care.

One thing that caught my eye while reading the reader comments was the Turdwatch scoreboard someone posted. Frankly, I never bother visiting the PFT website so I hadn't seen this years totals. Amongst the leaders were the Vikings, Steelers, and Patriots. And the Bengals score is zero, right?

It's almost like the Vikings are still sailing on the Loveboat, but nobody seems to care.

They deleted the one from last year, but the Steelers "led" the division in points earned between the end of SuperBowl XLI and the end of this last one. And the vast majority of points the Bengals recieved were from resolution of the court cases of 2006, meaning the Steelers had more arrests than the Bengals last year, too. The Dolphins and the Jaguars took the cake in terms of overall "achievement."

I know it's dumb and pointless to get upset about a fictional grading system created by some Appalachian ambulance chaser, but like CentraOhioBengal said, for some reason the Bengals are still the poster child franchise for bad behavior. If there is another arrest, the collective response will be "There they go again" despite however much time passes or who gets in more trouble in the mean time.