Makers 7-Rounder

DuffMan

This is what I drew up assuming we sign another vet DT and get Utecht:

1 – Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

This is a best case scenario for the Bengals, but Long and Gholston will go before Ellis, and I don’t think Dorsey’s injuries will affect his going in the top 9. I have a feeling that two OL will go in the top 10, one team will take Matt Ryan, and at least one CB will go before the Bengals pick, opening up the possibility for Ellis to fall.

2 – Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland

Athletic LB who can play all 3 spots in a 4-3. Has near prototypical size and good bloodlines. I was gonna put Lofton here, but I think one of the 3-4 teams ahead of us will snatch him up as a thumper in the middle. I only see the Bengals taking one LB after all the FA signings, and it has to be one that can contribute early. Good all around LB with lots of experience.

3 – Jeremy Thompson, DE, Wake Forest

After the 1st round, I don’t think there will be many DEs left that can help the team more than what they have, but Thompson has been productive, has a motor, and has all the intangibles to become a solid pro. Similar to the Rucker pick a few years back, even though that was a less than popular move at the time.

3 – Antwan Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky

Small school prospect that has been rising up boards. Has good size and athletic intangibles. Will hit as well and can maybe play some safety. Could be a special teams ace if he doesn’t get immediate sub-package PT.

4 – Dexter Jackson, WR, Appalachian State

When you have Carson Palmer at QB and Bratkowski in the booth, you can never have too many talented WRs. After CJ, TJ, and Henry the Bengals have little depth at WR. Holt has good size and potential, Perry probably won’t come back, and Chatman is an enigma. Jackson is super fast but undersized, and there are 31 other teams that might want his speed as well, so hopefully he falls this far and the Bengals can nab his return skills.

5 – Keilen Dykes, DT, West Virginia

Fiery competitor and leader who played nose in college. Could be a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE hybrid, and that versatility would fit well into Zimmer’s new system.

6 – Craig Stevens, TE, California

A TE with good intangibles and potential as a blocker and catcher. Not a great athlete but has good size and high-character.

6 – Matt Spanos, C, USC

Versatile OL with potential to improve at C or G. Good size and athleticism.

7 – Jehuu Caulcrick, HB/FB, Michigan State

The Bengals talked to him at the combine, and supposedly that went well. Could act as a power back ala Brandon Jacobs or maybe be a work in progress at FB.

7 – Shannon Tevaga, OG, UCLA

Bengals seem to like late round O-Linemen.

Thoughts?

This is what I drew up assuming we sign another vet DT and get Utecht:

1 – Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

This is a best case scenario for the Bengals, but Long and Gholston will go before Ellis, and I don’t think Dorsey’s injuries will affect his going in the top 9. I have a feeling that two OL will go in the top 10, one team will take Matt Ryan, and at least one CB will go before the Bengals pick, opening up the possibility for Ellis to fall.

2 – Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland

Athletic LB who can play all 3 spots in a 4-3. Has near prototypical size and good bloodlines. I was gonna put Lofton here, but I think one of the 3-4 teams ahead of us will snatch him up as a thumper in the middle. I only see the Bengals taking one LB after all the FA signings, and it has to be one that can contribute early. Good all around LB with lots of experience.

3 – Jeremy Thompson, DE, Wake Forest

After the 1st round, I don’t think there will be many DEs left that can help the team more than what they have, but Thompson has been productive, has a motor, and has all the intangibles to become a solid pro. Similar to the Rucker pick a few years back, even though that was a less than popular move at the time.

3 – Antwan Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky

Small school prospect that has been rising up boards. Has good size and athletic intangibles. Will hit as well and can maybe play some safety. Could be a special teams ace if he doesn’t get immediate sub-package PT.

4 – Dexter Jackson, WR, Appalachian State

When you have Carson Palmer at QB and Bratkowski in the booth, you can never have too many talented WRs. After CJ, TJ, and Henry the Bengals have little depth at WR. Holt has good size and potential, Perry probably won’t come back, and Chatman is an enigma. Jackson is super fast but undersized, and there are 31 other teams that might want his speed as well, so hopefully he falls this far and the Bengals can nab his return skills.

5 – Keilen Dykes, DT, West Virginia

Fiery competitor and leader who played nose in college. Could be a 4-3 DT/3-4 DE hybrid, and that versatility would fit well into Zimmer’s new system.

6 – Craig Stevens, TE, California

A TE with good intangibles and potential as a blocker and catcher. Not a great athlete but has good size and high-character.

6 – Matt Spanos, C, USC

Versatile OL with potential to improve at C or G. Good size and athleticism.

7 – Jehuu Caulcrick, HB/FB, Michigan State

The Bengals talked to him at the combine, and supposedly that went well. Could act as a power back ala Brandon Jacobs or maybe be a work in progress at FB.

7 – Shannon Tevaga, OG, UCLA

Bengals seem to like late round O-Linemen.

Thoughts?

My thoughts? I would cream my jeans on draft day if it played out this way. But if the Utecht signing sticks, we could go RB instead of TE Craig Stevens.