Falcons shopping DeAngelo Hall for 2nd rd pick.

bryce40

The Falcons are apparently trying to trade CB DeAngelo Hall to Oakland for a 2nd rd pick. Would we be interested even though we've spent our 1st round picks the last 2 years at CB?

First of all, hell no. Bad character guy. Not needed on this team, and really no need to spend any more money than minimal on more CB's. Two are already getting 1st round money, and Hall would want at least top 5 CB money.

Besides, if Hall agrees to a contract with Oakland it's a done deal.

Hall's not all that anyhow. Another questionable move by Oakland, if it goes through, IMO.

For the Falcons, tho, this really creates an interesting situation if it happens. Not only would they have the third overall, but also something like the 3rd, 6th and 17th picks in the second round. Trade value-wise, that would be enough packaged together to trade back into the top 10. Heck, any two of them would be enough to get back to 15 or so. Or they could sit tight, and with two top second round picks, can go in virtually any direction at the top of round one.

I'll Pass because I rather see JJoe and Lhall are CB tandem for next 10 years ^_^,because then you would have wasted 1st and a 2nd for a Nickel CB

Yeah, but honestly; I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd for Hall. I don't blame him for getting into it with Petrino, who obviously didn't know what he was doing. I really felt Joseph regressed last year instead of improved. Hopefully, Zimmer will make all the difference with him though. Could you imagine having 3 outstanding CB's on this team. And if need be using one of them as trade bait to get an outstanding D-lineman.

Could you imagine having 3 outstanding CB's on this team. And if need be using one of them as trade bait to get an outstanding D-lineman.

Here's what I imagine. The Bengals drafting Ellis at #9, improving the line AND the defensive backfield in one fell swoop. I call this the "Best Case Scenario."

Could you imagine having 3 outstanding CB's on this team. And if need be using one of them as trade bait to get an outstanding D-lineman.

Here's what I imagine. The Bengals drafting Ellis at #9, improving the line AND the defensive backfield in one fell swoop. I call this the "Best Case Scenario."

I hope you're right, but the more i think about the way teams have been signing and trading for players, the more I'm not so sure a stud DT will be there at 9. But, man do I hope there is!

Exactly. We already have lots of nice skill guys on both sides of the ball. We just need to stop hanging them out to dry. Fix up the lines, especially D, we'll be mint.

D-Hall is going to OAK, so the point is moot.

Well, it looked like he was, but maybe not now. Reports are that Atlanta and Oakland have agreed on trade comp, but Hall is insisting on a blockbuster new contract -- and the Raiders aren't willing to do it. Al Davis must be back on his meds...

Well, it looked like he was, but maybe not now. Reports are that Atlanta and Oakland have agreed on trade comp, but Hall is insisting on a blockbuster new contract -- and the Raiders aren't willing to do it. Al Davis must be back on his meds...

yep, it could go sour.

either way, the Bengals don't have a seat at the table if Mr. Hall would like the big coin. Again, point is moot as SoP won;t pony up for Hall.

I actually don't mind Hall. He has huge talent but his ego is even bigger.

He needs a coach like Parcells or Coughlin. I could actually see him in NE having some humble pie baked up by Moss at Coach Belichick's home for wayward football players.

Our boy Adam Schefter claimed Al Davis has instructed his minion to "get this one done...no matter how you have to do it." The problem is there may be no way to get it done as the Raiders have almost no cap room, and not only does Hall want a monster deal but wants Asomugha to get a long-term deal before he commits.

Our boy Adam Schefter claimed Al Davis has instructed his minion to "get this one done...no matter how you have to do it." The problem is there may be no way to get it done as the Raiders have almost no cap room, and not only does Hall want a monster deal but wants Asomugha to get a long-term deal before he commits.

I think Mr. Davis has been cooking with aluminum pots and pans too long. They have NO room for a deal like this. Oh, well, makes good fodder for NFL Network and guys like Schefter.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll Pass because I rather see JJoe and Lhall are CB tandem for next 10 years ^_^,because then you would have wasted 1st and a 2nd for a Nickel CB

Yeah, but honestly; I wouldn't mind trading a 2nd for Hall. I don't blame him for getting into it with Petrino, who obviously didn't know what he was doing. I really felt Joseph regressed last year instead of improved. Hopefully, Zimmer will make all the difference with him though. Could you imagine having 3 outstanding CB's on this team. And if need be using one of them as trade bait to get an outstanding D-lineman.

I disagree with your assessment the JJ regressed last year. I think what looked like regression was actually him battling injuries. I know he missed some time and I believe he was battling a foot or ankle injury for a lot of the year. He'll be back this year.