HOF-Bengals

DDOGG

When will somebody join ...

Paul Brown-Coach/Owner

Charlie Joiner-Wide Reciever

Anthony Muñoz-Offensive Takle

In the Hall of Fame, that has played/coached on the Cincinnati Bengals?

Will it be Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, Rudi, Tj, WHO???

I really think it depends alot on what there teams do (I don't expect these guys to stay Bengals forever, unfortunately) but I could see Carson or Chad becoming a HOF especially Carson depending upon how he develops the rest of his career and if he can lead this team to a Super Bowl.

Coach LeBeau HAS to be there. Besides his playing exploits, his contribution and longevity as a coach needs to be recognized.

Using that argument so does Forrest Greg and Sam Wyche. In the interest of good taste, I'll omit David Shula. :P

Coach LeBeau HAS to be there. Besides his playing exploits, his contribution and longevity as a coach needs to be recognized.

Using that argument so does Forrest Greg and Sam Wyche. In the interest of good taste, I'll omit David Shula. :P

Forest Greg has the playing resume with the Packers but not the long term coaching. Sam has no playing resume worth mentioning.

LeBeau had what? 50+ career interceptions?

Hard to match.

Forest Greg has the playing resume with the Packers but not the long term coaching. Sam has no playing resume worth mentioning.

Hard to match.

It isn't when you compare the fact that Greg and Wyche both took the Bengals to the Super Bowl, and LeBeau never even made the playoffs, but this is a total waste of time. None of the aforementioned coaches will make the HOF.

Hard to match.

Tell that to Riley

Hard to match.

Tell that to Riley

Definately true and Riley deserves to be there. My point is that LeBeau should be considered because of

1. his playing days

2. Zone-blitz creator.

3. won superbowl as D coordinator

4. over 50 years in the league as player, DC, and Head coach(not good i remember)

• 1 month later...

Forrest Gregg is in the Hall.

Sam Wyche did not have a HOF career as a player or as a coach.

65 picks says all you need to know about Riley's case for induction..

The link below says it all about the absurdity of KA's omission.

The Hall should be ashamed.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=287

Call me crazy but I'd like to see Paul Brown, Anthony Muñoz, and David Fulcher in the HOF! Current players who have a chance in the future are Palmer. CJ ruined it with his attitude and behavior this of season. I'd be shocked if he had a fan base of 20 people after this off season.

It isn't when you compare the fact that Greg and Wyche both took the Bengals to the Super Bowl, and LeBeau never even made the playoffs, but this is a total waste of time. None of the aforementioned coaches will make the HOF.

LeBeau is still fairly high up there on the career interceptions list, and he invented the zone blitz. Probably the most innovative defensive tactic of the last few decades. For combined accomplishments, I could see him making it.

I don't think that people are saying LeBeau as a HEAD coach but he has been to the superbowl 4 times as a defensive coordinator ('81, 88, 95, 2005) and won once. He invented the zone blitz scheme and revolutionized the 3-4 defense.

As a player he had 62 INTs returning 3 of them for touchdowns and had a streak of 171 consecutive games which is a record for cornerbacks. Yeah he deserves to be in the HOF.

Riley deserves it, Anderson, and I believe Boomer deserves to be in the HOF his career statistics are better in many ways than Jim Kelly's (more yards, more TDs, comparable Passer Rating for their careers 84.1 for Kelly to 81.1 for Esiason) and Kelly was never voted NFL MVP as Esiason was in 1988.

Forrest Gregg is in the Hall.

Sam Wyche did not have a HOF career as a player or as a coach.

65 picks says all you need to know about Riley's case for induction..

The link below says it all about the absurdity of KA's omission.

The Hall should be ashamed.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=287

I barely remember watching Anderson play. That article shows it all for me though, that's a hell of a list of accomplishments.

Call me crazy but I'd like to see Paul Brown, Anthony Muñoz, and David Fulcher in the HOF! Current players who have a chance in the future are Palmer. CJ ruined it with his attitude and behavior this of season. I'd be shocked if he had a fan base of 20 people after this off season.

come on man...fulcher was good, but he doesn't belond in the HoF.

Of the current era Bengals, I see maybe Willie, as he has been dominant in his position over the years. The Bengals' lack of post season success will cut against him, however. Palmer might get in, but I fear the Bengals won't keep the tools around him he would need to make it. Jury's still out on Ch@d. If he can sustain his average numbers another five or six years, perhaps, but his attitude will keep him from being a first ballot.

Prior Bengals: Ken Riley, Ken Anderson, Boomer Esiason. Tim Krumrie, if anyone on that defense gets in, over Fulcher. And you can't really count Charlie Joiner, as his HOF numbers were gathered as a Charger, and, frankly, I think he was overrated. His Bengals career is insignificant.

Athony Munoz is in the HOF already. Ken Riley and Ken Anderson both deserve it, Isaac Curtis has comparable numbers to the WR's of his era that have already been inducted and Willie has made a good case.

I don't see anyone on this current Bengals roster making the HOF, the only way TJ, Carson or Thurman/Rivers is if they win a superbowl, its almost mandatory now a-days. Doesnt matter how great you are if you've played on a mediocre team your whole career your not getting near those wax heads.