Landon Johnson signs with Panthers

Bengals1

In fact, isn't it true that the only reason you live in the Cincinnati area is due to your mom's pickup truck blowing a motor while passing through Hamilton in 1965?

Ha

Good one, Hair.

And I knew you would be right on his nuts 68. Can't just respond without throwing in some juvenille personal attack of course, par for the course here, and the mods just let it slide because, well, I'm not sure why, guess they're scared of HairOnNuts coming to their house and beating them up or something. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile he offered nothing at all that backs up his original post as being anything close to correct, other than "his" opinion and what "he read." (but of course no supporting sources other than his opinion)

Yet I offer an example of a published report and reasons as to why Landon doesn't want to be here as a result, and get nothing but the typical pro-Brown family idiocy in return and skirting of the issue.

Homeslice got two equal offers, has competition for a starting job at both clubs, and chose Carolina. Those are the facts for which you can draw a very reasonable conclusion...

And somehow my comment that he wanted out is nothing more than a "supportive rant."

Sometimes the truth hurts I guess, although I'm not sure why someone would care so much?

Grow up folks. Players don't like to play here and haven't for some time. Just ignore me if it gets your panties in a bunch - seriously - go argue with someone else if you can't even do that well (and coming up with adolescent personal slams is just that - weak).

....allow me to interject.

The reason you seem to draw the ire of most posters on this board, is frankly because of your ever-glowing pessimism that pervades your posts. Not to say that there isn't a dearth of fans like yourself that 'root' for the bengals (and I use that term loosely), but it's because even when they seem to make the correct decisions, you continue to bring up some negative aspect. Like the Shaun Rogers fiasco, for example. Now, you post frequently, so I'm not gonna go bring up some archive post you made, but it's like.........for all your hat-trick efforts complaining about Sop, the Bengals and the city itself; no one can quite understand WHY you're a fan.

You're just negatively nuetral, in a Switzerland/Oscar the Grouch kinda way.

Matter of fact, I'd be HARD-PRESSED to find a post where you actually complimented a move the Bengals made, whether FO, coaching/personnel/draft-wise, or on the field.

Damn, even a BACK-HANDED compliment would be enough from you......but don't worry.....we can wait.

You can change your stripes, I have the slimmest of hopes for you.

At least that's what I think, anyway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I knew you would be right on his nuts 68. Can't just respond without throwing in some juvenille personal attack of course, par for the course here, and the mods just let it slide because, well, I'm not sure why, guess they're scared of HairOnNuts coming to their house and beating them up or something.

Hey, I just thought it was a funny line.

I would submit to you sir, that if you go completely negative about this organization in every single thread and every single thought, for 4 or more years, you should expect some of the more right-minded to take exception with that alone.

And I knew you would be right on his nuts 68. Can't just respond without throwing in some juvenille personal attack of course, par for the course here, and the mods just let it slide because, well, I'm not sure why, guess they're scared of HairOnNuts coming to their house and beating them up or something.

Hey, I just thought it was a funny line.

I would submit to you sir, that if you go completely negative about this organization in every single thread and every single thought, for 4 or more years, you should expect some of the more right-minded to take exception with that alone.

What he JUST said.

Since he just posted this immediately after me, I seriously doubt he read my post.

This isn't really a thing to praise when it comes to skill,when your playing middle linebacker you better be leading your team in tackles.

Hey Kaz, I wasn't praising anything, but rather, I took issue with the mentally defective green's assertion that he accomplished that with zero NFL skills.

But, thanks for taking it out of context.

It wasn't aimed at you but just alot people talk about how a MLB has moat tackles on their team so they must be good,where every MLB in a 4-3 minus injury should lead their team in tackles.

And I knew you would be right on his nuts 68.

Well, just as long as somebody is. However, I was kinda shocked reading 68's compliment. After all, it's been less than a week since he called me a prick. (For the record, I didn't disagree.)

Meanwhile he offered nothing at all that backs up his original post as being anything close to correct, other than "his" opinion and what "he read."

Actually, I didn't really offer an opinion in the example you're talking about. I simply passed along a recap of things I had read in several articles. In fact, the nugget you posted, written by Curnutte, says nearly the same things that I did, differing only in the fact that he worded it a little more weakly.

Just ignore me if it gets your panties in a bunch...

Trust me on this one, nobody is going to ignore you Shula. You're the type of low hanging fruit that is impossible to resist.

He didn't want to be here.

Nobody does, right? I mean c'mon, isn't that a major part of your rants? In fact, isn't it true that the only reason you live in the Cincinnati area is due to your mom's pickup truck blowing a motor while passing through Hamilton in 1965?

If the Bengals' are going to pay you $3 mm a year, you can feel pretty good about your chances of starting, or at least playing a whole hell of a lot.

Well, which is it? The truth is it's a fairly modest contract that says plenty about how the Bengals felt about Landon. In short, a good player that you'd love to have under the right circumstances, but not good enough to consider overpaying.

There are no "guarantees" in the NFL of starting, certainly nothing in writing.

Wow, way to go out on a limb with the "nothing in writing" qualifier.

I wish I knew why my momma even drove thru Middletown. I spent years and dollars getting this far away.

Thing about ShulaSteakhouse is someone has to be the resident incontinent fan at least until the Bengals put together some back to back winning seasons, hit the playoffs pretty hard and generally beat the snot out of Pittsburgh 4 games in a row.

When that happens, he might change his handle to BrownSteakhouse....not a restuarant name I'd choose....

Thing about ShulaSteakhouse is someone has to be the resident incontinent fan at least until the Bengals put together some back to back winning seasons, hit the playoffs pretty hard and generally beat the snot out of Pittsburgh 4 games in a row.

I doubt it would make any difference. Perhaps his own forum called Eeyore's Corner would benefit the board and rid us of all of his worldly insights.

eeyorepj2.gif

However, I was kinda shocked reading 68's compliment. After all, it's been less than a week since he called me a prick. (For the record, I didn't disagree.)

Trust me on this one, nobody is going to ignore you Shula. You're the type of low hanging fruit that is impossible to resist.

Yo Hair, I am sure that I have never called you a prick.

Low-hanging fruit is a good one as well.

Sorry Shula, It's funny.

I for 1 am sorry to see him go, he may not have been a starter, but he played when/whereever he was needed and did a pretty good job IMO...BSimmons should not have been starting for us the last couple of years, I always thought it would be LJohnson...

alot people talk about how a MLB has moat tackles on their team so they must be good,where every MLB in a 4-3 minus injury should lead their team in tackles.

But Kazkal, that is kind the point - Landon was actually a Bengal who was performin adequately, and we let him go. If we had 11 defenders out there performing adequately......11 Landon's, so to speak.....our defense would rank somewhere aroudn 16th. Hell, I'd LOVE for our defense to be that good. Wouldn't you?

But then again.......you're comparing him to a player who plays MLB full time. Landon was not a full time MLB. His versatility allowed the Bengals to play him at every linebacker spot....and they did play him at every spot.....and he STILL had crazy tackle numbers DESPITE having to prep for multiple positions every week. Can you imagine his tackle numbers if he only prepped for MLB and started there every week?