Ben Utecht Scheduled for a visit

Horsemen

Yeah. He's not Tony Gonzalez but he'd give Palmer another option for sure. I actually met him over here in London during the SB week. He was quite taken aback that he was recognized by three pissed up Londoners. We didn't swap life stories or anything but in the 60 seconds or so he chatted with us he seemed a nice guy too. Manners cost nothing as my Grandmother used to say.

I guess I am the only one here who believes Bob Bratkowski's offensive playbook has no more than five to seven plays designed to utilize the TE. IMHO we could have any of the leagues illustrious players at this position, and they would be equally under utilized.

I guess I am the only one here who believes Bob Bratkowski's offensive playbook has no more than five to seven plays designed to utilize the TE. IMHO we could have any of the leagues illustrious players at this position, and they would be equally under utilized.

But but but in Madden he improves the TE loads. Madden wouldn't lie to us would it? :huh:

But but but in Madden he improves the TE loads. Madden wouldn't lie to us would it? :huh:

Pidge, you keep on punkin' me like that, and I'll see you sit with the rest of the children next Thanksgiving. :P

Give that man a Cigar !!

I always figured that Bratkowski used his Tight Ends as decoys to run combo routes behind them. I watch Bengal games over and over, and I see Kelly, and whomever else,( this year it was Coats ) run little curls or ins, while Chad and T.J. were scraping posts,deep outs,and slants behind them.

I know it might be a pipe dream as long as Bratkowski's our offensive coordinator, but I would really like to have a tight end with quickness and hands that could challenge the seems of the field.

Maybe it's the impossible dream ?? :blink:

Give that man a Cigar !!

Thanks Chris. I always like a good cigar, but anyone who's watched even a handful of Bengals games should be able to see that Brat loves calling plays to his WR's more than anything else in the world.

Sort of a "Disco Fever" he caught while coaching in Miami, and hasn't been able to shake since. People seem to just look at numbers, and blame the player, not the scheme.

Without a doubt, Bratkowski should have been shown the door, along with Bresnahan. I think he uses the same gameplan every week. ANYONE could see that Rudi wasn't getting it done, this year, yet Brat continued to waste precious plays handing it off to Rudi.

I like Palmer, but I wish he had more Balls !! when he made his " Coaches need to be changed " statements. Cause if he meant Bratkowski, How could Marvin and Co. not part ways with him, when Palmer, the Franchise Quarterback, calls out the offensive coordinator to be the complete Whit-less Jackass we all know him to be ! :cheers:

Without a doubt, Bratkowski should have been shown the door, along with Bresnahan. I think he uses the same gameplan every week. ANYONE could see that Rudi wasn't getting it done, this year, yet Brat continued to waste precious plays handing it off to Rudi.

I like Palmer, but I wish he had more Balls !! when he made his " Coaches need to be changed " statements. Cause if he meant Bratkowski, How could Marvin and Co. not part ways with him, when Palmer, the Franchise Quarterback, calls out the offensive coordinator to be the complete Whit-less Jackass we all know him to be ! :cheers:

Curious, as to when you started using your Dorsey sig. I'm thinking Ellis goes before Dorsey but both will be gone by #9.

Why a longshot?

From an elite team to the Bengals? Longshot. I'm hopeful regardless. Especially concerning Lewis' blow it up comments.

Happens all the time : P

PS,More so if you were a TE on high powered offense but just a backup, where you could go to a team with high powered offense who lacks a TE.

Ya brat under uses the position but hopefully that will change this year.

I know it might be a pipe dream as long as Bratkowski's our offensive coordinator, but I would really like to have a tight end with quickness and hands that could challenge the seems of the field.

You and just about everyone else. Utecht ain't that guy, tho he would probably be a very slight upgrade over Reggie.

Hard to see the Bengals being willing to spend any serious coin on TE this year after signing Kelly to a $9 million deal last season.

Mediocrity with some flashy players to keep the savages happy is the goal here guys, don't forget.

And Utecht is just that, woefully mediocre.

Actually I don't mind, if he's dirt cheap, as insurance for Kelly. It's the fact they'd go another year without drafting a high ceiling TE as a result, I'm guessing.

Maybe Brown still hasn't gotten over the pack-a-day oversight on Sean Brewer by his crack scouting staff.

You and just about everyone else. Utecht ain't that guy, tho he would probably be a very slight upgrade over Reggie.

Hard to see the Bengals being willing to spend any serious coin on TE this year after signing Kelly to a $9 million deal last season.

That's just not what the front office seems to want/require with a TE IMO. They apparently are enamored with TE's that can catch the occasional pass, but their main job is added protection for the franchise QB.

I understand the concept if not really agreeing with it.

Ya brat under uses the position but hopefully that will change this year.

I sure as hell hope so! Looks that way somewhat.

As for Ben being mediocre and a waste.... From CincyJungle:

For the past two seasons, Utecht caught at least 30 passes for over 350 yards. Being on a team where your role is typically the fifth receiver, that's not bad.

Not too bad for a backup at all.

That is way to many

No kidding this dudes clearly a waste. A backup TE who can regularly catch and has fumbled a few times in his short career. Pfffft why waste money upgrading TE by getting Utecht? Especially when the guys making $900,000 for the Colts. Pffft it'd be WAYYYY too high to grab this guy, clearly.

Why a longshot?

From an elite team to the Bengals? Longshot. I'm hopeful regardless. Especially concerning Lewis' blow it up comments.

Not a longshot if the Bengals can offer more playing time and a significant pay raise in a multi-year deal.