Brett Favre NOT Retiring

, Brady will brake all those records in the next 5 years.

Bro, Seriously, I see your point, but Brady will NEVER come close, last season was an abberation. Brady had never even thrown 30 TD's in a season before(previous career high was 28) He may have some 30 TD seasons, but he wont be playing long enough to catch Favre......But Manning will.....

Back to Favre, he had a good year 4,000 yds. 28 TD's 15 INT's. But he's also the career NFL leader in INT's (288) including 5 seasons with 20+ INT's and a whopping 29 INT's in 2005.

The guy may be the face of the Packers franchise, but these retirement games can't be good for the team chemistry. Make up your damned mind, aw who the hell cares..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, Brady will brake all those records in the next 5 years.

Bro, Seriously, I see your point, but Brady will NEVER come close, last season was an abberation. Brady had never even thrown 30 TD's in a season before(previous career high was 28) He may have some 30 TD seasons, but he wont be playing long enough to catch Favre......But Manning will.....

Back to Favre, he had a good year 4,000 yds. 28 TD's 15 INT's. But he's also the career NFL leader in INT's (288) including 5 seasons with 20+ INT's and a whopping 29 INT's in 2005.

The guy may be the face of the Packers franchise, but these retirement games can't be good for the team chemistry. Make up your damned mind, aw who the hell cares..

The thing with Brett, though, is that he plays so aggressively. That's why he had as many TD's as INT's. He could sometimes make things happen that no one else would try. Other times it wouldn't work and he get picked off. I think he is one of the best in league history but this on again off again retirement issue for the last few years has tarnished his legacy in my mind. Make a decision and stick to it for Christs sakes.

Here's my question: why is Chad a super f**king d**khead for trying to force his way off the team...and Brett -- who's basically doing the same thing, screwing the Pack and their fans -- still treated as a demigawd?

Y'know, at least Chad didn't pull a BS retirement, didn't force his team to move on, and then come back with a "hey, surprise, eff you, cut me or you look like d**ks" play.

Even Rosenhaus hasn't gone that low.

The thing is (at least for me) that minus last season, Favre's previous 3 or so seasons have been medicre at best. He still throws more than the average INT and isn't the direction you would see any organization go in with ANY other player at ANY other position. Favre is done and all this is doing for me is giving me another reason to beat my head against the wall.

Didn't we all have to endure like a whole week of "Favre's the greatest" when he announced his retirement ?? Now this ?? F*ck Favre...

WHODEY !!!

Here's my question: why is Chad a super f**king d**khead for trying to force his way off the team...and Brett -- who's basically doing the same thing, screwing the Pack and their fans -- still treated as a demigawd?

Good question. I'm going with Brett who is now long in the tooth, and owns QB records out the wazoo has brought a Lombardi Trophy to Green Bay, while Chad, who we all know is younger, and I admit holds a few WR records of his own, has only contributed to a single playoff appearance, which he melted down in at halftime, reportedly had to be physically restrained by the coaching staff and it ended up as a loss.

Gosh, the enthusiasm with which Brett retires, then unretires, is amazing! He's like a kid out there! When he contemplates retirement every year, then comes back after enough media slobbers all over him, it's like he's doing it on a sandlot. Brett Favre thinks about retiring, talks to his wife and agent about retiring, text messages media member about retirement, wears wranglers and a t-shirt to his retirement press conference, and unretires. And he does it all for the love of the game.

If there were no NFL, I think Brett Favre would fake-retire every year for free.

Here's to hoping he signs with the Ravens and we crush them while Favre throws 5 INT's each game !!!

WHODEY !!!

Baltimore just spent their first draft choice on Joe Flacco, with two more relatively recent QB draft choices Kyle Boller and Troy Smith already on the roster. They won't go for Favre.

Now Chicago I could see. Grossman and Orton ain't taking them anywhere.

If it's a "one and done" kind of thing Favre is looking at doing, then I think Baltimore is actually a pretty good fit. I don't think they have ANY faith in either Boller or Smith and Flacco isn't ready to start from the get go. What better position to be in then to have your future franchise QB learn from one of the (if not the) best QB's in history ?? I also think this is why Rodgers will do fine in Green Bay. That being said, I don't think there is anyway the Packers just release Favre to go where he wants only to have him come back to Green Bay and wreck their season QBing for either the Bears or Vikings...

WHODEY !!!

If it's a "one and done" kind of thing Favre is looking at doing, then I think Baltimore is actually a pretty good fit.

If you're trying to predict when Brett is done, you're a better man than I. If you can pull this off, could you also e-mail me the winning Power Ball numbers? :P

If it's a "one and done" kind of thing Favre is looking at doing, then I think Baltimore is actually a pretty good fit. I don't think they have ANY faith in either Boller or Smith and Flacco isn't ready to start from the get go. What better position to be in then to have your future franchise QB learn from one of the (if not the) best QB's in history ?? I also think this is why Rodgers will do fine in Green Bay. That being said, I don't think there is anyway the Packers just release Favre to go where he wants only to have him come back to Green Bay and wreck their season QBing for either the Bears or Vikings...

WHODEY !!!

Not to mention Favre's agent was McNair's agent -- maybe he can sell them another washed up Pro Bowl QB? Based on the last time we saw Favre, I wouldn't mind seeing him twice a year for a little while. Not that Boller would play any better for them I suppose.

This is why the Packers are going with the future of the team in Rodgers, and not the past with Favre:

Yeah i said if the pack had rogers against NY they woulda been in the superbowl.

Oh my Gosh! Brett Favre is coming out of retirement? First I have heard of it!

In all seriousness is anybody outside of Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Green Bay, Tampa Bay interested in this? It is Clemons all over again.

Obviously, Bristol, Connecticut too since they seem to be the ones who won't let it die.

Obviously, Bristol, Connecticut too since they seem to be the ones who won't let it die.

"No escape from the mass mind rape. Just play it again Jack, and then rewind the tape. And then play it again, and again, and again."

I'm so sick of this story I've stopped watching anything on espn. I check out the Tour de Blood Doping on Vs for a few minutes every night, that's it.

Favre needs to repaly his own history. Every year for probably the last 5 he has openly contemplated retirement. Then he hems and haws for a few months while he turns on his Tom Sawyer act down in Mississippi. Finally he reluctanly returns.

What did he expect the Packers to do? Of course they went out and got his replacement. Of course they prepared for his departure. Any reasonable interpretation of his behavior would lead one to believe he would have been retired a couple seasons ago.

If the most important employee in your organization openly talked about quitting every January, you'd prepare for his departure too.

Not accurate. The media will always treat Favre like NFL royalty, but IMHO they haven't been shy when it comes to criticism, including many sources who have described his behavior as selfish, uninformed, self-serving, etc.

In addition, there are numerous opinion polls asking whether the latest events have tarnished Favre's image and most I've seen show about 30% agreeing that it has.

Finally, as this very thread proves there are no shortage of people who openly mock Favre's now endless retirement gyrations. For example, just yesterday I heard Steve Mariucci (sp?) say he had spoken to Favre about playing three more seasons....immediate leading to speculation about fans being forced to endure at least three more retirement ceremonies.