Bengals and Jets to make a trade

Variety

First of all for those of you that do not know or remember Robertson was an early first round pick.

He is also considered a bust.

Much of the Jets suck-a-tude has been blamed on him (mostly unfairly NY fans are crazy).

He is putting his bad play on the move to the 3-4 although he wasnt that great in a 4-3 ,he was better.

If this guy was any good the jets wouldnt be getting rid of him.

Of the DT's available Shuan Rogers,Marcus Stroud,Kris Jenkins.ect.,Robertson is the least talented and not a difference maker.

He is a 2nd tier free agent that we gave up 2 draft choices for. --We would be just as well off if we used the picks on two DT's in the draft such as 350 lb. DT Frank Okam who is projected in the 4th rnd and colud play DT or NT.

If you are looking for an imprivement over John Thornton dont hold your hopes to high.

Think more in the terms of les talnted Dan Wilkinson.

We could have had someone like Kris Jenkins or Marcus Stroud that would have made the defense better and been worth their salry instead Mike Brown again is on the cheap.

If you gave Brown a choice between a steak dinner for a dollar or a cracker for .99 he would take the cracker.

Mike Brown----one winning season going on twenty years

"and offers far more impact (then Rogers) when motivated."

What exactly leads you to make that statement? Any #'s or factual data to back up that assertion? (seriously just asking where you're coming from there, because I don't see it)

Has anyone traced Hair's IP address to see if it's coming from PBS?

Also doesn't Robertson have an $11mm cap hit this year? He's not even worth half of that.

My only thought is that he could play a DE/T in a 3-4 and be more effective, considering his pass rushing abilities, who knows.

That's a lot of dough and draft picks to give up for an under-performing, average DT.

He is putting his bad play on the move to the 3-4 although he wasnt that great in a 4-3 ,he was better.

If this guy was any good the jets wouldnt be getting rid of him.

Of the DT's available Shuan Rogers,Marcus Stroud,Kris Jenkins.ect.,Robertson is the least talented and not a difference maker.

1.) If the guy isn't suited for a 3-4 then yes they would get rid of him even if he was a superstud

2.) You then put your foot in your mouth saying that Shaun Roger's,Marcus Stroud and Kris Jenkins are better higher tier linemen,

Yet their respective team's are still trying to trade them and team's don't trade good players as you said?

My only thought is that he could play a DE/T in a 3-4 and be more effective

But doesn't seem like it worked out for the jet's or were they trying to use him as a NT?

"and offers far more impact (then Rogers) when motivated."

What exactly leads you to make that statement?

I didn't. For reasons only you can explain you've chosen to misquote me....probably because you can't read. Or perhaps because you're fundamentally stupid. Regardless, I said flatly that Rogers offered more impact when motivated. Granted, you didn't want him, and you're welcome to your opinion, but Rogers has been to multiple Pro Bowls, was considered an MVP candidate last season, and led all DT's in QB sacks. And again, you didn't want him.

Also doesn't Robertson have an $11mm cap hit this year? He's not even worth half of that.

Well genius, that's why every story that's been written mentions a new contract has to be agreed upon before there's a trade.

My only thought is that he could play a DE/T in a 3-4 and be more effective, considering his pass rushing abilities, who knows.

Leave the thinking to others, bright boy. The very reason the Jets are trading Robertson is due to the way he's struggled since they switched to a 3-4.

Leave the thinking to others, bright boy. The very reason the Jets are trading Robertson is due to the way he's struggled since they switched to a 3-4.

My, aren't we getting testy??

I know Marvin was high on Robertson when he came out, and I'm sure both he and our new DC watched film to determine if he could help, but....

1) I sure hope they're not relying on Jay Hayes to "coach him up"

2) This is the deepest draft in years - I hate to give up 2 picks when we have Soooo Many Needs !

3) I haven't seen the "In Marvin We Trust" sig for a while <_<