Rogers didn't want to come to Cincy

But I do agree...we're going to need a RB eventually...I honestly don't see it happening in this years draft...

Rumor has it the Browns won't be losing at all this year. Instead, all of the players are going to a party at Phil Savage's house....where they'll make fun of the other AFCN teams and eat a giant Lombardi Trophy-shaped cake.

There. Fixed it for ya. :D

DawgPoundDude, Even though you're a Cleveland fan, I find you likeable.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers, Williams, Stallworth, Lewis (re-sign) and Anderson (re-sign)

Yup, things are lookin' pretty crappy on the shores of Erie.

Oh, and the logo?? That's from the "Paul Brown" era of the Browns.

Just figured I'd point that one out.

Is the Anderson signing a good deal? No "smack" just wondering how it's perceived there. Lewis is getting pretty old and, as I see it, you need to draft RB this season.

(sigh) BELIEVE me...this one's still an ongoing debate on my homesite...I'll try to put into perspective for you...DA was essentially a rookie last year, and while he wasn't posting Toothlessburger numbers, he played better than any other Browns QB since '99...and saved the a-sses of the coaching staff and front office combined. His numbers dropped off toward the end of the season, but if he can get back to form, things are going to look REAL good for our offense, considering he has the speedy Stallworth now to give him a hand. And Lewis...well, I gotta tell you, he surprised the hell out of me last year, so I won't be surprised to see him play at the same level this year. He was a HUGE reason we won 10 games, and I see him as a major contributor to our offense again this year. If he's getting old, it doesn't show. But I do agree...we're going to need a RB eventually...I honestly don't see it happening in this years draft...

I don't think his numbers dropped off because he was out of "form". I think other teams figured out how to play off of his weaknesses. He didn't look worth a crap towards the end of the year, and that's because other teams had finally read the book on him and figured him out. I just have a feeling we'll be seeing the DA that played in the Pro Bowl. You know, the one who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Also, don't be seduced by "speedy Stallworth". He's a number 3 at best.

I hope the Browns choke on that fat tub of goo Rogers. Would serve those scavenging parasites right. Actually, I am relieved that we didn't end up burning draft choices on the fool. What gets me is the Browns' constant sniffing around our roster cast-offs. What is the deal with those losers? Does anyone doubt that the Stools would have tried to sign Stacy Andrews if the Bengals hadn't franchised him?The Browns' logo should be a hyena, a jackal, or a leech. Not that gay elf! Although the "gay" part would seem appropriate for Brady Quinn and, from what I have heard, Kellen Winslow Jr. In any event, the Stools/Browns will never get over the fact that we have Carson Palmer while they are stuck with Miss Brady Quinn and Derek "Cleveland's John Kitna" Anderson.

QB is very suspect for the Browns w/ DA as QB1. Quinn's not ready either. I'm wishing for controversy by week 4. If so, the Browns will be in for a looooong season...

You want to take jabs at Palmer for gettting paid, how do you explain this one DawgPoundDouche:

grabbybradyquinnhw0.jpg

SCARY!!!

Or this one:

quinn20villagekx1.jpg

Palmer doesnt' have one bit of gayness (lol) to him. Quinn OTOH; does this look like a man that would discriminate based on sexual orientation to you? HE'S GAY!!!

Props to the Browns for improving their defense, but there are already some rumblings about paying Williams too much money, giving up too many draft picks, and losing the best CB from a marginal defensive secondary. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. But talk of them being a Super Bowl contender seem premature...as does the idea that they're now the favorite in the AFCN.

Last point. Back in those giddy moments when I still thought Rogers was a Bengal I wrote about how I wouldn't give him a contract extension, and listed the reasons why. Age and potential injury were the primary concerns, but for the most part it comes down to this. I believe money is a poor motivator. Disagree if you wish, but all I'll add now is that it wouldn't displease me at all to read in the next few weeks about the Browns giving Rogers a rich contract extension.

Looks like the Browns aren't done signing DTs yet...

POSTED 6:44 p.m. EST, March 4, 2008

BROWNS LOOKING AT JOSEPH by Michael David Smith

The Cleveland Browns are showing interest in free agent defensive tackle William Joseph, who will visit with the team on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-5, 308-pound Joseph was the Giants' first-round draft pick in 2003 and has undeniable talent. But he's been plagued by injuries throughout his career, and he missed all of 2007 with a back injury.

For the Browns, signing Joseph would be another move to bolster their defensive line, and a much less costly move than the trades for defensive tackles Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers. Although Joseph has mostly been a tackle during his NFL career, he's a versatile enough athlete that he could be a good fit as a 3-4 end in the Browns' scheme.

The Cleveland Browns are showing interest in free agent defensive tackle William Joseph, who will visit with the team on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-5, 308-pound Joseph was the Giants' first-round draft pick in 2003 and has undeniable talent. But he's been plagued by injuries throughout his career, and he missed all of 2007 with a back injury.

For the Browns, signing Joseph would be another move to bolster their defensive line, and a much less costly move than the trades for defensive tackles Corey Williams and Shaun Rogers. Although Joseph has mostly been a tackle during his NFL career, he's a versatile enough athlete that he could be a good fit as a 3-4 end in the Browns' scheme.

Just think, all these dudes will be Broncos in a couple of years...

Just think, all these dudes will be Broncos in a couple of years...

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::cheers:

why exactly are these pictures of Brady Quinn in a discussion of Shawn Rogers?

why are smack-type posts starting to creep into the regular forums?

can we take this elsewhere folks?

Because there were pics of Carson, which I felt was smack and also out of place. I couldn't let it slide homo.

Anyways, I agree. If he has a bum back, I gotta pass.

I guess I'd prefer to be known as "message board police" than the image you have now projected here as a guy who likes to find, collect, and post homosexually-oriented pictures of men on the internet.

You're becoming quite the interesting (in a train-wreck kinda way) fellow - interested in engaging in lewd homosexual acts at proposed Bengals forum gatherings, collector of gay-oriented images, and second dumbest poster on these boards. Jerry Springer could have devoted an entire show just to you!

Last point. Back in those giddy moments when I still thought Rogers was a Bengal I wrote about how I wouldn't give him a contract extension, and listed the reasons why. Age and potential injury were the primary concerns, but for the most part it comes down to this. I believe money is a poor motivator. Disagree if you wish, but all I'll add now is that it wouldn't displease me at all to read in the next few weeks about the Browns giving Rogers a rich contract extension.

Wow, did I call that one or what?

The Browns just gave Rogers a new 6-year contract with 20 million dollars in guaranteed money.