Darryl Blackstock Signed

HoosierCat

If we combine a higher talent level, across the board, with a better scheme and <crossed fingers> a healthy start, we just might see this D improve.

Well it couldn't be much worse. Exhibit A, the Bengals defensive ranking last year:

defenseml6.jpg

Now I'd like to present Exhibit B, The Bengals offensive ranking last year:

offensecl3.jpg

Can anyone see that we finished many positions higher offensively than the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants did, and tell me where our #1 problem is now?

I consider the firing of Bresnahan, and hiring of Zimmer the biggest thing we have going for us defensively at the moment. With more solid FA signings and/or a draft focused on getting some impact players that can bring pressure to bear on opposing QB's, I feel being somewhere around the middle of the pack is obtainable.

Progress is being made. Stay the course.

This is yet another move that can only be looked at in a positive light.

What do you want to bet that Shula can shoot holes in that thought?

Woo hoo! A backup from the Cardinals! Who DeYz!!! Those back-up special teams guys are tough to find. I can only look at this in a positive light myself (even though no contract terms were released, what the hell).

(see no comments about your mom, you being an aborted fetus, a bad or ignorant person, asking you to suck me off etc..,).

How's about that folks!

This is yet another move that can only be looked at in a positive light.

What do you want to bet that Shula can shoot holes in that thought?

Woo hoo! A backup from the Cardinals! Who DeYz!!! Those back-up special teams guys are tough to find. I can only look at this in a positive light myself (even though no contract terms were released, what the hell).

(see no comments about your mom, you being an aborted fetus, a bad or ignorant person, asking you to suck me off etc..,).

How's about that folks!

Well done, way to step up to the plate. My only thought on Darryl Blackstock is that he has a totally badass name. Considering the only recent badass name they had walked out the door with Tekeo Spikes, I'm glad they signed Blackstock. This signing totally makes up for DeDe Dorsey.

I am guessing the db corrupted and we went to a backup copy of the board data?

No posts for the last day and half or so

I'd say you are right considering my last 2 or 3 post are nowhere to be seen.

The server crashed dudes. It's back up now. Our apologies, and glad you're back.

NP Billy, -we're glad also

One still wonders though - I still can't login when I just point my browser as I always have before to forums.bengalszone.com?

Sounds like your internet security settings aren't allowing cookies to be stored to me.

Billy, I reviewed all the posts in this thread, and while admittedly you may well have supplied them only to have them lost in the server crash, I still don't see your thoughts in print about this ex-Cardinal.

3 sacks despite limited on-the-field time seems like very good per-snap production to me......

Size/speed ratio also seem outstanding

Whats the word?

Billy, I reviewed all the posts in this thread, and while admittedly you may well have supplied them only to have them lost in the server crash, I still don't see your thoughts in print about this ex-Cardinal.

3 sacks despite limited on-the-field time seems like very good per-snap production to me......

Size/speed ratio also seem outstanding

Whats the word?

I just don't see what you seem to see TJ. My size/speed seems normal. The wife confirmed this for me. ;)

As far as my alleged lost posts, it's something I can afford to lose. If you have a specific question about this player, I stand by ready to answer it now.

If you have a specific question about this player, I stand by ready to answer it now.

Yeah - is he a good player? How is he on special teams? How about his character? Have you seen him in games and if so what is your impression?

Come on dude, you live here - tell us about the guy from a Cardinal fan kinda view!

If you have a specific question about this player, I stand by ready to answer it now.

Yeah - is he a good player? How is he on special teams? How about his character? Have you seen him in games and if so what is your impression?

Come on dude, you live here - tell us about the guy from a Cardinal fan kinda view!

You are quite insightful TJ. I am indeed a Cardinals fan.

Here's the deal. Blackstock and Johnson were stuck playing behind star 1st stringers. The former Pace. The latter Dansby. When they were able to take the field in relief of these two, there was NO drop off in performance.

Long story short, these were two good signings. Kudo's to the Bengals front office. They recognized what Arizona had available at the time with Larry Fitzgerald hanging them in the wind, and took advantage of it.

They recognized what Arizona had available at the time with Larry Fitzgerald hanging them in the wind, and took advantage of it.

Thanks for that insight. Fitzgerald really did hamstring Arizona while he and his agent dithered, didn't he? End result, they couldn't resign depth, and depth walked out the door. The fact that we took advantage of it makes the Bengals front office look savvy.