Pollack cleared to play

I think it would be great to see Pollack come back to the Bengals and have a stellar season and go on to great things with the Bengals. I just don't see that being the case and would just as soon see him pack it in and not take the risk that goes along with coming back to football after breaking your freaking neck !!!

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, really I have more respect for guys who hang it up after a serious injury than trying to come back and get themselves killed (I'm referring to people like Trent Green here).

WOW, why must everyone make fun of religion?

(((Shrug)))

In my opinion I barely tweaked it. I placed the bullseye squarely on Pollack's inability to make a decision he's had almost two years to prepare for. Granted, it's an important decision and the type that few of us have to make. I get that.

But he's repeatedly claimed that he would resume his playing career if doctors gave him clearance to play. Now that they've done so he not only isn't ready to make a decision, but apparently needs several more weeks.

I simply have to wonder why.

What emotion or consideration hasn't he thought about a hundred times already?

(((Shrug)))

In my opinion I barely tweaked it. I placed the bullseye squarely on Pollack's inability to make a decision he's had almost two years to prepare for. Granted, it's an important decision and the type that few of us have to make. I get that.

But he's repeatedly claimed that he would resume his playing career if doctors gave him clearance to play. Now that they've done so he not only isn't ready to make a decision, but apparently needs several more weeks.

I simply have to wonder why.

What emotion or consideration hasn't he thought about a hundred times already?

Maybe the look on his wife's face when he tells her that he's gonna start playing football again, after nearly being paralyzed? I'm sure Earl Everette didn't help either.

The question is that i have if he is afraid in anyway of doing this again then i would suggest that he hangs it up. If he cant give 100% or is scarred when a running back comes his way then i think that is his answer. He said that he would rather play d-end then linebacker so he dosnt have to take on those hits anymore and to me thats telling me he is alittle scared to play again and i cant blame him. I just hope he decideds to do whats right for his wife and family and for this team and im sure he will, but to me if he has any doubts in his head then i think he should call it quits and let this team and him move on from this.

As a seminarian, I must admit religion is pretty farcical.

Growing up in the Bible belt, I got that feeling too.

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do -

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too.

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

-John Lennon

Good luck Pollack, may god be with you every step of the way... If this is what Pollack needs before making the decision then more power to him.

If he does decide to play and the NFL allows it, he'll most likely have spot duty at DE behind Geathers. That would be a helluva 1-2 punch.

The question is that i have if he is afraid in anyway of doing this again then i would suggest that he hangs it up. If he cant give 100% or is scarred when a running back comes his way then i think that is his answer. He said that he would rather play d-end then linebacker so he dosnt have to take on those hits anymore and to me thats telling me he is alittle scared to play again and i cant blame him. I just hope he decideds to do whats right for his wife and family and for this team and im sure he will, but to me if he has any doubts in his head then i think he should call it quits and let this team and him move on from this.

Absolutely - players who play tentively get hurt, or are ineffective. Anyway, without his trademark 'flying to the ball' style, he's alot less valuable.

If he does decide to play and the NFL allows it, ...

Why wouldn't the NFL allow it (besides the apparent hard-on the league office has for Mikey). This isn't a suspension.

... he'll most likely have spot duty at DE behind Geathers . That would be a helluva 1-2 punch.

That would be a VERY expensive back-up

Agreed. And it seems obvious that, indeed, he's very unsure of returning. I think it's time to hang it up.

Despite recent media reports suggesting David Pollack has been medically cleared to play football again, Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan on Wednesday night said the club had no information on a possible Pollack return or his medical status.

When reached by cell phone Wednesday, Pollack told The Enquirer: "I'm in the decision-making process. There's nothing to report."

He did say there will be an announcement at some point.

Being seriously injured can keep someone from playing the game they love, but it is a big decision, in 7 years of football i suffered from (luckily) a broken wrist, 2 broken fingers and i still have really bad neck problems - but nothing compares to that. I REALLY wish he'd come back but at the same time i think he should hang it up.

pollack needs to just go ahead and hang it up. i really don't expect him to ever play again. there is no sense in pollack risking permanent paralysis, just to play a game. pollack has plenty of cash, a education and a wife. i look for pollack to become a personal trainer type, continue to help kids prepare for the nfl. everything comes to a end, i think pollacks nfl playing days are over. time for the bengals and pollack to move on.