The Rodgers Trade is off

Kazkal

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f**kin Cleveland is getting him for a 3rd and Leigh Bodden. This is the worst day in a long long time. I hope he sucks ass for Cleveland. NFL officials stepped in due to a langauge issue. f**kin bulls**t. per espn...

Man, I go away for a few hours and a real sh*tstorm hit.

I'm with Hoosier on this one, somebody fugged up big...and it's between Mikey, Goddell, and an outside chance at Matt Millen. Now let's find out who's responsible and GO KICK SOME ASS!!!

I'm with you bro. Lock and load time!

cuz its the bengals

Something is not right with this whole situation. We got raped by the league, and I want to know EXACTLY why.

It must have something to do with salary cap (though I don't know how). No way they'd have the balls just to veto the trade because it's the Bengals and Rogers had character issues. Goodell would know the outcry would be unreal and every sports talk show host in the country would be comparing the NFL with communism.

Yeah. Nice and slow. As if to a particularly dumb child. That's what I will need the NFL to do in terms of explaining how salary cap rules f**ked up the Bengals sending a 3rd and 5th to the Lions but somehow salary cap was perfectly fine with a 3rd and return salary in the form of Bodden.

Again, salary cap shouldn't have been an issue from Cincy, right? We have ample room under the cap, no?

What am I missing here?

Nothing. We got hosed by GOD-el. Salary cap? What? How? Where? (Yes, I feel like Vinny Barbaraino...)

I have never seriously wished death on anyone and still don't, but if GOD-el's balls were to spontaneously rot and fall off I would throw a party.

From the dotcom:

Teams can only trade their draft picks, so the Bengals were banking on securing a third-round compensatory pick for the loss of free-agent Eric Steinbach and extra late-round picks for others that could give the Bengals as many as 10 on Draft Day.

Did the bungles try and trade a compensatory 3rd round pick they haven't been awarded yet? and is that why the league voided the deal? How could the bungles be so stupid?

Oh yeah, they're the bungles.... <_<

It mught be wishful oping but I think the article meant to say the Bengals were banking on a compensatory 3rd and 5th , thus they were willing to give up their normal picks in round 3 and 5. The way the article on Bengals.com reads it appear the Bengals may ask the NFL to reconsider their decision. Neither the Brown or Lions websites are reporting the trade.