The Rodgers Trade is off

Kazkal

I wonder if the Browns have offered their second round pick. If so, then I think the Bengals should up their offer to a second and fifth.

The Browns don't have a 2nd round pick this year. They've already traded it to the Packers.

And if there's another team getting involved I'd put my money on the Broncos.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the Browns have offered their second round pick. If so, then I think the Bengals should up their offer to a second and fifth.

The Browns already traded their second round pick to the Packers for some other big defensive tackle. This stuff about the Browns doesn't make sense. They don't have a first or a second to offer. Maybe they upgraded the lower pick to a 4th. Or maybe the Bengals found something else out about the player. We'll know soon enough if he's ours, because the roster bonus the Lions have to pay is due if he's o their roster tomorrow, so they have to trade him before midnight.

The Browns don't have a 2nd round pick this year. They've already traded it to the Packers.

Thanks, missed that on the Browns. So, scratch that.

Hope cooler heads prevail for a change and the Bengals actually get the difference-mkaing player. For once.

I bet Roger Goodell is refusing to approve the trade.

Well yeah thats possible knowing how he suspended Odell for two years. <_<

I bet Roger Goodell is refusing to approve the trade.

Well yeah thats possible knowing how he suspended Odell for two years. <_<

... not the same Roger Goodell that was hand-picked by the Rooney's ... the same Roger Goodell that was a Steeler fan as a teenager ... the same Roger Goodell that graduated from W&J, a college just south of Pittsburgh, in Washington, PA. Not that Roger Goodell. Nah.

Thanks Hair, I was trying to look that up when my phone rang. (I'm here at Paramount) ;)

Shaun Rogers and a third for Brady Quinn perhaps?

Maybe, but I don't see the clowns going after two great DTs in one day.....

It may yet be the Clowns....

SAME STATE, DIFFERENT TEAM?

On Friday, the Detroit Lions agreed to trade defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to the Cincinnati Bengals. The trade somehow fell through.

Now, Rogers could still be coming to Ohio. But as a member of the Browns.

Nicholas Cotsonika of the Detroit Free Press, citing an unnamed source, reports that the Lions are working on a deal with Cleveland.

Earlier on Friday, the Browns sent a second-round pick to the Packers for defensive tackle Corey Williams.

There must be something in the water. From KFFL....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets | Faneca story a false report?

Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:19:24 -0800

Contradicting previous reports, Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports unrestricted free-agent OG Alan Faneca (Steelers) has not agreed to a deal with the Jets, according to his agent, Rick Smith. Rock reportedly spoke with Smith and Smith confirmed that the story of Faneca agreeing to a four-year deal with the Jets is false.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/..._thirdroun.html

Lions get Bodden and third-rounder

by Tom Kowalski

Friday February 29, 2008, 9:38 PM

It has not been confirmed yet, but a league source said the Lions are very close to finalizing a deal that will send Shaun Rogers to the Cleveland Browns for veteran cornerback Leigh Bodden and a third-round draft pick.

Details are still sketchy, but the original trade that sent Rogers to the Cincinnati Bengals for a third- and fifth-round pick did not go through.

For severals days prior to Friday, the Browns had been the most interested in dealing for Rogers. Bodden had been mentioned as part of the deal. With veteran free agent cornerbacks Brian Kelly and Drayton Florence both looking for high-dollar contracts, the Lions wanted to land a veteran cornerback in a deal for Rogers.

Just because the trade is off, does it mean they WONT trade him to us or are they just trying to see if theres any better options?

ROGERS TO BROWNS A DONE DEAL

According to Hondo Carpenter of SpartanNation.com, who as we understand it is very well plugged in as to the goings on in Motown, the Lions have finalized a trade of defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to the Browns.

In return, the Lions reportedly will get cornerback Leigh Bodden and a third-round draft choice.

Carpenter says that the league office rejected a trade that would have sent Rogers to the Bengals for a third-round and a fifth-round pick.

"crys"

-_- 2nd and O'neal