Antwan Odom to Visit Sunday

HoosierCat

Dear lord, they're actually on the road to what my dream off-season was. Impact free agents on defense and draft offense. At least they're partially there on the first part and trying to get all the way there.

Dear lord, they're actually on the road to what my dream off-season was. Impact free agents on defense and draft offense. At least they're partially there on the first part and trying to get all the way there.

100% with you, mem.

I hate to spoil the party but I'm no fan of Marlon McCree. To start with I don't think he's very good, and that's probably being too kind. Making matters worse....I think he's a dirty player. Lot's of late hits, including a bad one on TJ the last time the two teams played.

Screw that guy.

There's a big difference between bringing them in for a visit and signing them. I'm done getting excited about players visiting Cincinnati, they do it every year and then hop on a plane and sign somewhere else.

Yea, but, this was the first time I've really been excited about bringing a guy in.

When I thought we had the wide load in the middle of the line, I got excited about Odom because we would have been close to the transformation we seek with Rodgers and Odum.

Apparently there's no deal yet, so I remain hopeful that Rodgers might still land here.

I may be making too much of this, but I'm sorta jacked to learn that Odom picked Cincy as his first stop.

I guess. I think there is still the general perception in the league that Cincy is the first place to go to gain some leverage. I think the agents know this and can count on the front office being an unwitting pawn in the FA game.

Katie - "Sure, we'd love to have Antwan come for a visit."

Agent - "Great because he really like what Marvin is doing and has a lot of respect for the staff"

Katie - "Well, come on up and we can talk numbers and...."

Agent - "Numbers, shnumbers, let's just get onsite and...hold up...gotta take this call from...my wife...be right back"

Kaite (on hold, thinking) - "Wow, these agents are such nice guys, so easy to deal with and polite"

Agent (switches over) - "Ok, I'm back, sorry...so, the airport there is in Kentucky? Do you know, off-hand, if you can get a direct flight to San Diego from there?"

I guess. I think there is still the general perception in the league that Cincy is the first place to go to gain some leverage. I think the agents know this and can count on the front office being an unwitting pawn in the FA game.

That's always possible. However, I think it's a good bet that Odom's agent has already spoken to the Bengals about what they're looking for, and it's just as likely the Bengals have passed along their drop dead price. Plus, it's also a good bet that Odom's agent has spoken to and exchanged numbers with other clubs....so I take it as a good sign that Cincy is the first stop on the tour.

Beyond that.....nothing.