Boxing vs UFC debate

BengalszoneBilly

Anderson Silva, the best UFC fighter pound-for-pound has aspirations of fighting Roy Jones JR. Not in the octagon, IN A BOXING MATCH with Boxing rules!

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/03/11/and...x-roy-jones-jr/

Please Dana White, make this happen. PLEASE... Let Anderson prove to us that MMA fighters are technical too, LMAO!!!!

Seriously. What is Anderson thinking? He wouldn't make it through the first round.

your right not a smart move. yea i think anderson would make it out of the first round. you know roy is out there pick you apart. roy is not really a guy who is going to try to knock you out but, he can if he chooses to. no i think anderson has no chance in a pure boxing match but, if some how anderson wins. that would be a huge blackeye for boxing.

Tito isn't my favorite figher but i do agree with him and stand by my post, now my Favorite fighter who i ave been watching since pride is QUINNNTOOON RAAAAAMPAGEE JACCCKSONN, now quinton isn't the most technical fighter out there but he is a beast and he knows his s**t, and so far hes proved it in pride by going 25 - 6 then 3-0 in the UFC, and heavyweight champ. But what im trying to get across is that yea all fighters start off in the s**t 5$ ppv no name fights like XFC and that stuff, but kimbo is talking like hes the best in the sport. And i only brought up brock lesner because he thought he was the s**t so he jumped right into the shark tank instead of going to the kiddy pool first and he got handled. As to what your saying bout how it takes a year to learn Jiu Jitsu... Whos training with him? Royce?... no.. He's training with Bas Rutton. Now i have respect for him..but hes not learning no masterful JJ in a year with Bas Rutton.

Tito isn't my favorite figher but i do agree with him and stand by my post, now my Favorite fighter who i ave been watching since pride is QUINNNTOOON RAAAAAMPAGEE JACCCKSONN, now quinton isn't the most technical fighter out there but he is a beast and he knows his s**t, and so far hes proved it in pride by going 25 - 6 then 3-0 in the UFC, and heavyweight champ. But what im trying to get across is that yea all fighters start off in the s**t 5$ ppv no name fights like XFC and that stuff, but kimbo is talking like hes the best in the sport. And i only brought up brock lesner because he thought he was the s**t so he jumped right into the shark tank instead of going to the kiddy pool first and he got handled. As to what your saying bout how it takes a year to learn Jiu Jitsu... Whos training with him? Royce?... no.. He's training with Bas Rutton. Now i have respect for him..but hes not learning no masterful JJ in a year with Bas Rutton.

I didn't say it takes a year to learn jiu-jitsu. I said the boxer would need to train for at least 6-12 months in jui-jitsu before stepping in the octagon. Combine a years experience in jiu-jitsu with the striking abilities of a Boxer (not a washed up boxer, a top ranked boxer) and what you have my friend is a deadly S.O.B.

I'm sorry man but I can't take you seriously as an informed and educated fan of fighting when you say that Rampage is the Heavyweight Champ. He's the Light Heavy Weight Champ. He's also extrememly overrated. Shogun will take his title in his next fight because Rampage is a bum. Give Kimbo a few more fights, say 10-15, and he'll run through Rampage Jackson!

As a fighter, that's the mentallity (believing you are the best) that you have to have. Kimbo believes he is unstopable because he's a fighter, he's been fighting most of his life. If you don't believe that you are the best, that means your doubting yourself, that your affraid. Let me tell you, Kimbo ain't affraid of no man, especially Tito Ortiz, lol.

Anyways, Kimbo's heavyweight. He won't fight Rampage unless Quinton moves up in weight.

Central, Your right UFC is a corporation like the NFL. But, Dana will not cross promote any fights with other corporations which would bring larger paydays for his UFC fighters... He won't let Couture vs Fedor happen just like he won't let Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Jr. (in a boxing match) happen... Couture wants Fedor right now but Randy is under contract with the UFC (Fedor won't sign with UFC because he's right, you would have to be a fool to sign a contract with the UFC. There's no money!). Randy won't fight anymore fights in UFC because of Dana and Randy is the undisputed heavyweight champ. Fedor is ranked #1 (contraversily) in the world, others (mostly Americans) say Couture is #1. Whether Randy Couture is under contract with UFC or not, Fedor vs. Randy will happen once the contract expires (Couture says in the summer, the fight will happen in the fall.). So why won't Dana cross-promote? Why is he holding his fighters back? I'll tell you why, because he's affraid... He's also hypocrite. He says that he will pay Mayweather a large amount of money to come and fight MMA, but when Anderson Silva says he wants to box, in a boxing match with boxing rules, Dana White says no way.

i have no doubt that a person with a boxing back ground can become a good mma fighter with the proper training. he will have to learn to use more than his hands to become a striker. a good leg kick will go a long way, until he can develop how to use his kicks, knees and elbows. the one guy that came into the ufc and was know as a boxer. sakara, from everyone i have heard talk about him says, he has world class hands. sakara is 3-4 in the ufc and got tko'd by a pure brawler in chris leben in his last fight. sakara is not a impressive fighter what so ever.

i am pretty sure that jackson is fighting forest next. forest just beat shogun for the shot a jackson. forest is one tuff sob who, i believe will give jackson a good fight. forest has turned from a brawler in to a well rounded fighter. i am pulling for forest would love to see a ohio boy win the title! then dana needs to make the couture and fedor fight happen. i don't care much for dana trying to get fedor to sign a contract, hell the title alone would be a contract in the sense that he would have to defend it or forfit it. dana shell out the cash and make this happen, its not ike the ufc can't afford it lol.

just about all the upcoming fights are going to be some big ones, lidell/evans, penn/sherk, serria/pierre,

faber/pulver. it all starts tonight, florian/lauzon. man i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say it takes a year to learn jiu-jitsu. I said the boxer would need to train for at least 6-12 months in jui-jitsu before stepping in the octagon. Combine a years experience in jiu-jitsu with the striking abilities of a Boxer (not a washed up boxer, a top ranked boxer) and what you have my friend is a deadly S.O.B.

I'm sorry man but I can't take you seriously as an informed and educated fan of fighting when you say that Rampage is the Heavyweight Champ. He's the Light Heavy Weight Champ. He's also extrememly overrated. Shogun will take his title in his next fight because Rampage is a bum. Give Kimbo a few more fights, say 10-15, and he'll run through Rampage Jackson!

As a fighter, that's the mentallity (believing you are the best) that you have to have. Kimbo believes he is unstopable because he's a fighter, he's been fighting most of his life. If you don't believe that you are the best, that means your doubting yourself, that your affraid. Let me tell you, Kimbo ain't affraid of no man, especially Tito Ortiz, lol.

Anyways, Kimbo's heavyweight. He won't fight Rampage unless Quinton moves up in weight.

Central, Your right UFC is a corporation like the NFL. But, Dana will not cross promote any fights with other corporations which would bring larger paydays for his UFC fighters... He won't let Couture vs Fedor happen just like he won't let Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Jr. (in a boxing match) happen... Couture wants Fedor right now but Randy is under contract with the UFC (Fedor won't sign with UFC because he's right, you would have to be a fool to sign a contract with the UFC. There's no money!). Randy won't fight anymore fights in UFC because of Dana and Randy is the undisputed heavyweight champ. Fedor is ranked #1 (contraversily) in the world, others (mostly Americans) say Couture is #1. Whether Randy Couture is under contract with UFC or not, Fedor vs. Randy will happen once the contract expires (Couture says in the summer, the fight will happen in the fall.). So why won't Dana cross-promote? Why is he holding his fighters back? I'll tell you why, because he's affraid... He's also hypocrite. He says that he will pay Mayweather a large amount of money to come and fight MMA, but when Anderson Silva says he wants to box, in a boxing match with boxing rules, Dana White says no way.

I'm sorry i do know hes the LHW champ, lol i just put heavyweight cause i was typing fast (the amount of grammatical errors) and in Pride when i watched him most he was a Middle Weight fighter so i just spurted it out, please don't doubt my fan-hood, I might have been young but i watched UFC at a young age with my uncles, my first pay per view i watched was UFC 8 where Shamrock defeated Leopoldo in an ankle submission(i think) and i've watched many many events since then, but i was unaware that Kimbo was in fact a heavyweight.

so far hes proved it in pride by going 25 - 6 then 3-0 in the UFC,

Wrong. I saw him get abused in his first UFC fight. White brought him in specifically to fight Chuck Liddel, and had to give him a tuneup to make the Liddel matchup legitimate, but his opponent didn't get the memo. Jackson looked like he had no ground game at all, and that's where he lost the fight, on the ground. He may have won every fight since then, but he lost his first UFC fight.

EDIT: The above is all wrong. Jackson hasn't lost in UFC.

so far hes proved it in pride by going 25 - 6 then 3-0 in the UFC,

Wrong. I saw him get abused in his first UFC fight. White brought him in specifically to fight Chuck Liddel, and had to give him a tuneup to make the Liddel matchup legitimate, but his opponent didn't get the memo. Jackson looked like he had no ground game at all, and that's where he lost the fight, on the ground. He may have won every fight since then, but he lost his first UFC fight.

What are you talking about? He debuted at UFC 67 and won via knockout. I have also seen all 3 of these fights live, hes only fought three fights in the UFC.

I have no clue where your getting this information from. ANY link you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.allrampage.com/FrontEnd/Biograp...63/Default.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinton_Jackson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_67

Two former PRIDE stars made their debuts in the UFC at this event. 2006 PRIDE Open-weight Grand Prix Champion Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipović made his debut in the United States and in the UFC at UFC 67 against Eddie Sanchez. Quinton Jackson – who was acquired by the UFC after Zuffa's buyout of the World Fighting Alliance – made his debut against Marvin Eastman, whose contract with the WFA was also bought by Zuffa.

I looked at those links, and they show Jackson undefeated in the UFC. I remember the Eastman fight. Eastman looked like a bodybuilder, Jackson won. The fight I'm thinking of had Jackson getting held down for most of the fight, to the point where he was telling the ref, "he won't let me up,", and the ref was like, what am I supposed to do about it? After the fight I remember Jackson apologizing for his poor performance to the fans and to Dana White. Is any of that ringing a bell with you? Because I can't reconcile that memory with the undefeated record the UFC has for him. I'll look for other links that might explain it.

I looked at those links, and they show Jackson undefeated in the UFC. I remember the Eastman fight. Eastman looked like a bodybuilder, Jackson won. The fight I'm thinking of had Jackson getting held down for most of the fight, to the point where he was telling the ref, "he won't let me up,", and the ref was like, what am I supposed to do about it? After the fight I remember Jackson apologizing for his poor performance to the fans and to Dana White. Is any of that ringing a bell with you? Because I can't reconcile that memory with the undefeated record the UFC has for him. I'll look for other links that might explain it.

I cant recollect on him ever doing that. (in UFC anyway) He dominated Eastman, KO'd Liddell in like 25 seconds, and the Henderson fight went to UD, and that was mostly just ground and pound all fight, so it might have been that.

I made a mistake regarding Jackson losing. I confused a fight I saw between Heath Herring (The Texas Crazy Horse), and Jake O'Brian. Herring got held down the whole fight and lost. Then he apologized to the crowd and to Dana White. I have no idea why, in my mind, I confused Herring with Jackson. They couldn't look more different. Maybe because Herring was a big acquisition from Pride and White had big plans for him, like Jackson.

I ran into Rich Franklin, one of the coolest guys you could meet btw, and got the oppurtunity to wish him luck on his upcoming fight April 19th. We talked about strategy and how I think he will get another shot at the title. Rich is a true Champ. When he was on his way out I said "Get 'em champ"... He turned and put up one fist telling me he was gonna knock this kid out!

IDK, just thought it was interesting and this is the place to post UFC related stuff. So good luck Rich.

I ran into Rich Franklin, one of the coolest guys you could meet btw, and got the oppurtunity to wish him luck on his upcoming fight April 19th. We talked about strategy and how I think he will get another shot at the title. Rich is a true Champ. When he was on his way out I said "Get 'em champ"... He turned and put up one fist telling me he was gonna knock this kid out!

IDK, just thought it was interesting and this is the place to post UFC related stuff. So good luck Rich.

That sounds awesome, i wish i could meet some of these guys, Mat Serra was at my work awhile back but i never got to say hi to him. They usually stop you from interacting with the celebrities.

Anyone see UFC:83?

GSP DOMINATED Serra.

Serra's a puss. Always has been. Next to Anderson Silva, GSP is one of the best in UFC..

Rich Franklin is so good because he trains like a complete fool. The dude is an animal in the weight room. I knew he would handle Luttle, simply because he works harder.

Silva vs. Franklin III is what I want to see now.

• 5 weeks later...
Klitscho is by far, NOT watered down! The guy is basically unstoppable and perhaps the HARDEST puncher to ever compete in the sport of boxing. He's nicknamed "The Steel Hammer" for a reason. No one can beat him in the Heavyweight division. He's European, that's why boxing isn't big in America right now. Boxing is still HUGE in Europe.

LMAO at the "perhaps the HARDEST puncher to ever compete in the sport of boxing" comment. Klitschko wins because of his Jab (probably the best at it since Lennox Lewis) Klitschko some power and size, but to say he's the Hardest pucher? absolutely ridiculous.

Klitscho is by far, NOT watered down! The guy is basically unstoppable and perhaps the HARDEST puncher to ever compete in the sport of boxing. He's nicknamed "The Steel Hammer" for a reason. No one can beat him in the Heavyweight division. He's European, that's why boxing isn't big in America right now. Boxing is still HUGE in Europe.

LMAO at the "perhaps the HARDEST puncher to ever compete in the sport of boxing" comment. Klitschko wins because of his Jab (probably the best at it since Lennox Lewis) Klitschko some power and size, but to say he's the Hardest pucher? absolutely ridiculous.

I can't even take your comment serious, you don't have a clue... Go read a boxing forum and ask around. Better yet, go check out some of his fights on youtube and get back with me.. You are right about one thing though; he wins because of his jab. Who else can knock suckers out with a straight right?