Favorite Cars

I mean, how can we discuss women and not cars?

There a natural compliment to each other.....

they share a lot of similarities as well

some as fast, some need to be traded in for younger models, etc.

with that being said....I saw a Lexus IS300 Altezza edition here at school and about pissed myself....that is a fine piece of work...

I like the classics. Mustangs, 1971 and older. Corvettes, just the Sting Rays, the Pontiac GTO "Judge", and any year of the original Ford Cobras.

I find all of todays cars to be plastic and uninspiring. Fast and the Furious was the most rediculous movie I've ever seen. It doesn't even compare to "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen!

i personally have given away many nice cars, especially a YOGU..... 'cuse you go and don't comeback....any year will do :o

You must mean "Yugo", right? If so, I'd give it away too.

Q: Why do the put a rear window defogger on a Yugo?

A: To keep your hands warm while you're pushing it!

:lol::lol::lol:

Q: What do you call a four door Yugo?

A: A "Wego"

:rolleyes:

Jag has got to be one of my favorites ............. Mercedes as well.

Classics ..... 50's era MG's and 60's Triumphs .... TR 6 is just fantastic. 1960's Olds convertibles. The BIG ones that were as wide as your living room.

I am very happy with what I have now though which is a 2004 Wrangler Rubicon. Believe it or not, my wife actually suggested that I get a new Jeep. I know why I stay married to her, but I can't figure out why she stays married to me ;) .

I know why I stay married to her, but I can't figure out why she stays married to me ;) .

I have that same thought often. :unsure:B)

Automobiles are transportaion.

I wouldn't mind having a convertible again. B)

I love cars of all types ............... trucks ( including semi's ) .... jeeps. If money wasn't an issue, I'd be another Jay Leno with a warehouse full of cars.

I like the classics. Mustangs, 1971 and older. Corvettes, just the Sting Rays, the Pontiac GTO "Judge", and any year of the original Ford Cobras.

I find all of todays cars to be plastic and uninspiring. Fast and the Furious was the most rediculous movie I've ever seen. It doesn't even compare to "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen!

Wow! The GTO Judge! great car! My brother used to take me every once and a while strip racing in his GTO. I couldnt even see over the dash, I remember roaring down Wilkerson Rd. and my brother collecting beer money from his winnings. God. I miss that car ^_^

I love cars of all types ............... trucks ( including semi's ) .... jeeps. If money wasn't an issue, I'd be another Jay Leno with a warehouse full of cars.

I have to agree with you on that one....if I ever hit the lotto my garage my be bigger than my house. I have a Sebring, but Chrysler keeps sending me magazines with the new 300 on the cover. I may have to go test drive one!! I also like the Yukon truck and the Jag S series and Convert, but that BMW 745 is nice!!!

I love cars of all types  ............... trucks ( including semi's ) .... jeeps. If money wasn't an issue, I'd be another Jay Leno with a warehouse full of cars.

I have to agree with you on that one....if I ever hit the lotto my garage my be bigger than my house. I have a Sebring, but Chrysler keeps sending me magazines with the new 300 on the cover. I may have to go test drive one!! I also like the Yukon truck and the Jag S series and Convert, but that BMW 745 is nice!!!

You are obviously a highly intelligent young lady with discriminating taste.

My wife and I test drove a Sebring converible but didn't buy it. She said there wouldn't be room to take people in it if we all went some place. I didn't see that as a negative ( We'd love to take you with us but .... ) but it was mainly going to be her vehicle so I deferred to her judgement.

The 300 is my sons favorite car, and I have to agree that they are really nice. I think Chrysler is coming out with the best looking designs today. Crossfire is another one.

BMW's are great cars ... not familiar with the 745 unless its that 2 seater that I've been seeing and yeah ... they're nice. Sports cars are my favorites, and I tend to prefer the British cars.

Since I just got a new one ..... my test driving is done till we decide to replace my wifes car ... and that most likely won't be for a while. Too bad to. I just like trying them out.

I love cars of all types  ............... trucks ( including semi's ) .... jeeps. If money wasn't an issue, I'd be another Jay Leno with a warehouse full of cars.

You are obviously a highly intelligent young lady with discriminating taste.

My wife and I test drove a Sebring converible but didn't buy it. She said there wouldn't be room to take people in it if we all went some place. I didn't see that as a negative ( We'd love to take you with us but .... ) but it was mainly going to be her vehicle so I deferred to her judgement.

The 300 is my sons favorite car, and I have to agree that they are really nice. I think Chrysler is coming out with the best looking designs today. Crossfire is another one.

BMW's are great cars ... not familiar with the 745 unless its that 2 seater that I've been seeing and yeah ... they're nice. Sports cars are my favorites, and I tend to prefer the British cars.

Since I just got a new one ..... my test driving is done till we decide to replace my wifes car ... and that most likely won't be for a while. Too bad to. I just like trying them out.

Thanks Reds....

Yeah I wanted the convert, but it is not good to have as your #1 car here in Atlanta. The Sebring coupe (which I have) can fit 4 but not comfortably, so anymore than 2 we can't take my car :D .....My boyfriend doesn't care for it though he's 6'4, big dude and it a low car.... :o

The 745 is actually the big body BMW. Acura has a new big body car out too that looks like a Benz. But I am really liking that 300. I trade cars about every 2-3 years....looks like it is about time :D And Chrysler is coming out with quite a few nice looking cars!

The 745 is actually the big body BMW.  Acura has a new big body car out too that looks like a Benz.  But I am really liking that 300.  I trade cars about every 2-3 years....looks like it is about time  :D  And Chrysler is coming out with quite a few nice looking cars!

I had an interesting conversation with the wife last night. She says that she is embarrassed to ride in my car. I bought a '96 corolla in the fall of '95 and it has a few scares.

One blemish was caused by a giant rock lying in heavy interstate traffic. I think it had fallen off of a truck just ahead of me. I managed not to hit it head on but I grazed it causing a nice rusty scar on the driver's side rear door. I was lucky not to blow a tire; the rear tire had a giant bulge not discovered until she got me home. :)

There's a whole in the bumper from where I backed into a steel pole. :unsure:

The latest blow occured last week. Driving up I75 I was passing a truck when a chalk flies off the side of his rig. :o I saw this chunk of wood bounce right in front of me and in slow motion bounce right off the nose. :blink: I couldn't believe it. I nervously watched the gauges and for a trail of water. Luckily I only lost the toyota symbol and got a creased hood.(It still opens) :wacko:

She basically told me to get a new car. Or to take hers and she'll get a new one. :rolleyes:

I have no problem driving the old lady, she's been good to me. She still had the original battery until 5 months ago and still has the original brakes! She sips gasoline and only has 120,000 miles! :unsure:

Am I being unreasonable or just cheap?

Cheap. But for a good reason. If the car still runs good, gets reasonable gas milage, just get a little bodywork done! Maybe a decent new paint job afterwards. Who needs another car payment when it's not really needed? :wacko:

Once again BillyB nails it. Classic cars are the best. I'll take it one step further though, cause I love Mustangs...Even the "Pintangs" of the late 70's...You know part Pinto, part Mustang.

The 745 is actually the big body BMW.   Acura has a new big body car out too that looks like a Benz.  But I am really liking that 300.  I trade cars about every 2-3 years....looks like it is about time  :D  And Chrysler is coming out with quite a few nice looking cars!

I had an interesting conversation with the wife last night. She says that she is embarrassed to ride in my car. I bought a '96 corolla in the fall of '95 and it has a few scares.

One blemish was caused by a giant rock lying in heavy interstate traffic. I think it had fallen off of a truck just ahead of me. I managed not to hit it head on but I grazed it causing a nice rusty scar on the driver's side rear door. I was lucky not to blow a tire; the rear tire had a giant bulge not discovered until she got me home. :)

There's a whole in the bumper from where I backed into a steel pole. :unsure:

The latest blow occured last week. Driving up I75 I was passing a truck when a chalk flies off the side of his rig. :o I saw this chunk of wood bounce right in front of me and in slow motion bounce right off the nose. :blink: I couldn't believe it. I nervously watched the gauges and for a trail of water. Luckily I only lost the toyota symbol and got a creased hood.(It still opens) :wacko:

She basically told me to get a new car. Or to take hers and she'll get a new one. :rolleyes:

I have no problem driving the old lady, she's been good to me. She still had the original battery until 5 months ago and still has the original brakes! She sips gasoline and only has 120,000 miles! :unsure:

I had an Olds Omega that my son was ashamed to be seen in. He'd walk to school in the snow before he'd let me give him a ride.

I also had a CJ 5 that was known to drop pieces if I hit too big of a pothole. I loved both of them and as bad as they looked, you couldn't get them to stop running.

You're a prof. fer chrissakes ..... you're supposed to be a little eccentric. It's part of the image B)

Thanks Billy and redsfan for the strong hold recomendation. The more I think about it the more confused I become. :wacko:

I drive so little that it's hard to justify the expenditure on need. But shouldn't a nice car be part of my/our image? :wacko: My wife thinks so. :unsure:

I might go to a few dealers tomorrow :(

Cars can be as confusing as women. :lol:

Cars can be as confusing as women. :lol:

B) Women no longer confuse because I've given up trying to figure them out. As I've said, we've been married for 31 .... going on 32 years now and to this day my wife will say or do something that totally confounds me. I've chalked it up to .... imo .... that men and women are just different, and there are somethings about them we are just never going to really " get ".

If she all of a sudden sprouted wings or went up in a puff of smoke, I'd just shrug my shoulders .... figure it was a " woman thing " .... wait for her to come back and not really think too much more about it.

If she all of a sudden sprouted wings or went up in a puff of smoke, I'd just shrug my shoulders .... figure it was a " woman thing " .... wait for her to come back and not really think too much more about it.

Dude...that's just your Marine Corps training kicking in! To deal with women on an even keel, that's the least of you're needs! :P

After a breakdown I went into a garage and asked if they had a battery for a Skoda. "Fair swap" said the mechanic! (boom boom!!)

My fave vehicle:- Ford Zephyrs/Zodiacs - I don't have one but would love one. Bench seats, column change gears, fins and chrome - a car with a character.

Character you say, Nothing says character like a pimped out Dodge Grand Caravan Se :lol:

* We're talking Gucci paint. 18eens'... Prada leather interior... Breitling timing pieces fitted into the interior !

This is a vehicle that says " Yeah I can be coach of the little league team and drop my B@#ches off on the corner to make me some money :lol::lol: