OK, Sophies choice

walzav29

That would be perfect. As for Mendenhall, I watched him when they got killed by USC. He is explosive. I watched McFadden in their bowl game and everything Mike Mayock said is true. He is not a tough runner and if you combine that with the off-the field stuff he's trouble. Mendenhall is size, speed, tough running, and I haven't heard of any off the field issues. I still want defense, but I hate drafting for need. I'm still scarred from Akili. I watched Ellis at the combine and I noticed that during his bench, he wouldn't quit. He almost dropped the weight on his chest before he would give up. That guy is tough and has heart.

as long as we don't draft another Corner, QB or RB with our first 3 picks ill be fine. It hurts to see an organization do this to themselves over and over and over and over and over and over...

IUf anything the picks should go

1: best DT/LB on board

2: best LB/SS

3: best OL

Drafting for need is a pretty damn good idea when you are at #9. The quality of the top 10 in the draft is usually a huge discrepancy from the rest of the 1st round. I could see "drafting for need" being a concern if we were drafting at say #24.

If they don't take the best DL/OL at #9, when are they going to do it? When they pick #1? At #9 there will be NO need to take a RB. If for some reason the best player available is a RB at #9 I would hope they would trade down just as they did in the 2004 draft.

I watched McFadden in their bowl game and everything Mike Mayock said is true. He is not a tough runner and if you combine that with the off-the field stuff he's trouble.

The other thing about McFadden that starts the warning bells in my head is that his backup (Jones) had a pretty damned good year too. That's where you maybe start thinking 'system'.

I watched Ellis at the combine and I noticed that during his bench, he wouldn't quit. He almost dropped the weight on his chest before he would give up. That guy is tough and has heart.

That I like. If he'd just fall to #9, a big, mean, determined DT is something I've wanted to see for a while. As opposed to small and weak or big and lazy DTs.

It's a shallow draft for WR's, Safeties and CB's - someone with a need there and wanting the BPA may give up a 3rd rounder if they're close enough to the Bengals (or 2nd if a lower round pick etc..,)...... Teams could fall in love with a guy like ...... Shaw also.

Shula, Shula Shula. You boggle the mind!

This is one of the best and deepest drafts at WR and at CB in the last 25 years. There will be WRs available in the 2nd that would be 1st rounders in any other year, and CBs in the 4th that would have gone in the 2nd previously.

Oh, yeah . . . . .who in the hell is Shaw???

PS - Shula - I get to meet your Dad Don next Tuesday in Cancun. Asta-luigi, senor !!!

It's a shallow draft for WR's, Safeties and CB's - someone with a need there and wanting the BPA may give up a 3rd rounder if they're close enough to the Bengals (or 2nd if a lower round pick etc..,)...... Teams could fall in love with a guy like ...... Shaw also.

Shula, Shula Shula. You boggle the mind!

This is one of the best and deepest drafts at WR and at CB in the last 25 years. There will be WRs available in the 2nd that would be 1st rounders in any other year, and CBs in the 4th that would have gone in the 2nd previously.

Oh, yeah . . . . .who in the hell is Shaw???

I think he may mean at the very top. Like, there's no Calvin Johnson or a Pacman Jones/Antrelle Rolle situation as there was a couple of years ago. This is definitely a D-line draft at the very top, which will prove painfully ironic if the last one goes at #8.

Or Shula could be nuts. Either way.