For once I agree with Peter King

DuffMan

If Peter King thinks it's a good idea, it's officially dumb. For this to make sense, Andrews has to be the RT of the future. I think that prospect is exceptionally questionable based on his play. I'd rather have picked up a RG cheaper somewhere and shifted Whitworth back ot RT where he belongs.

Agreed,Atm I'd like to see our line upgraded from the inside and put whitworth on the outside.

Stacy is no pro bowler, not yet, but with him and Whitworth the Bengals have guys that play well everywhere except center. The line did an excellent job keeping Carson upright, very important.

Our sack count is misleading,Pass protection looked avg at best nothing near our 2005 line even though it gave up more sacks.

Carson was getting rid of the ball early and hardly ever going deep.

The Superbowl? I'll settle for a winning record at this point. We're a substantial amount of work via the next couple of drafts and FA periods away from even thinking about going anywhere but one and done in the playoffs. IMO.

It's funny Bengals' fans are conditioned to think this way annually, despite having a top 5 QB and WR, a supposably "great" o-line, 3 capable RB's, 3 franchise OT's, a top 10 draft pick + compensatory picks, a big bucks DE not far removed from a 13 sack year, two promising 1st round CB's with experience and a nickel corner was a Pro Bowl starter in 2005, a promising young SS, and rougly $25 mil under the cap.

Yep, lots of work there, just not quite there yet, better not set the bar too high or anything.

I can't tell whether you agree with me or disagree. I get that sarcasm is meant to be a factor in your post but I'm still not sure which to way to read it.

Allow me to translate -- you and all other Bengals fans are douches for believing anything said by ownership. The coaches, players (except when it suits as above) and owner all suck, but you should still expect to win the superbowl or you're just one more lackey.

Thanks for that BBTB. I was thrown by the references to Deltha O'Neal circa 2005 and this mythical Bengals DE that recorded 13 sacks in a season.

For the record I'm both a douche and a lackey. First time I'ver been called either in relation to the Bengals though. Just another acomplishment in my life.