2 First round picks.

Wraith

What would you be willing to trade to get back into the low 20's after we select our pick at #9?

2009 First, Second and 1 third? Both Thirds? What do you think it will take?

No, no, no .... never mortgage your future, especially for 1 player (see Ricky Williams & Mike Ditka).

If all 6 lineman are gone when we pick #9 (Dorsey, C.Long, Ellis, Gholston, J.Long & Clady) AND McFad with his 4.27 forty is still there, we call Jerry Jones (or Houston or Arizona or Carolina) and pick up additional picks.

IMHO, after the previously mentioned 6 are gone, there's very little difference between position #9 and the mid-20's.

What would you be willing to trade to get back into the low 20's after we select our pick at #9?

No, no, no .... never mortgage your future, especially for 1 player (see Ricky Williams & Mike Ditka).

If all 6 lineman are gone when we pick #9 (Dorsey, C.Long, Ellis, Gholston, J.Long & Clady) AND McFad with his 4.27 forty is still there, we call Jerry Jones (or Houston or Arizona or Carolina) and pick up additional picks.

IMHO, after the previously mentioned 6 are gone, there's very little difference between position #9 and the mid-20's.

I agree with all of that. The benefit of trading down is that you get greater value, especially this year. If we're stuck at #9 and we have no takers we'll just have to grin and bear it. Trading down is the best option though.

The real spanner in the works could come from NE. Them at #7 have a better chance of trading down should one of the big 4/DMAC drop from the top 5.

I researched and wrote about this a couple of weeks ago. In short, the value of the Bengals 2nd (#46) and 3rd (#77) round picks is 645 points, almost identical in value (640 points) to the 29th pick in the 1st round. If the right player were still available at that point I'd consider a move like that. To move higher, into the low 20's, would probably dictate surrendering a 4th round pick on top of the other picks....and that's too much for me to give.

However, an idea I like every draft is moving up in the 2nd round, in this case from #46 to maybe 38th, a move that should cost only a 4th round pick.

If we end up with 2 first round picks, it'll most likely come from Trading down with Dallas.

Why?

1. Atlanta needs a quarterback

2. Dolphins will draft a lineman with that first pick

3. Rams = Lineman

4. Raiders = lineman, they signed Fargas long term and believe he can be the lead back.

5. Chiefs = offensive lineman. If they don't, they should move the franchise to siberia!

6. Jets like Thomas Jones, They'll need to add pass rush and a defensive tackle if they trade Robertson away.

7. Patriots grab the first cornerback now that they've lost at least two in Samuel and Gay.

8. The Ravens could go anywhere. Offensive line?,Defensive Line,? Corner.? but Runningback isn't a need.

9. It is however unlikely, that Darren McFadden lasts all the way to the Bengals pick at # 9!!

- IF that Happens,

" Dallas Will Call " !!

The 22nd and 28th pick is a little more in " points " than the # 9. Cincy could swap picks in the 4th round and make up the difference.

At that spot, we would be hoping for this.

1. Derrick Harvey is still available.

2. Kenny Phillips is still available.

3. Kentwan Balmer is still available. - Balmer isn't flashy, but he is getting better! He has good size and quickness, and will continue to improve.

4. All the top linebackers should still be available

All of this is Conjecture until we know the validity of the Compensation picks.

I say we get a 3rd, 5th, and two 7 round picks.??

Do I hear any others???

B)

The 22nd and 28th pick is a little more in " points " than the # 9. Cincy could swap picks in the 4th round and make up the difference.

F that :P If Jerry Jones really want's Mcfadden he'll ignore a couple of pts ;)

If Run DMC makes it to number 9, he'll make it to #13