Wave bye bye to Gholston

DuffMan

Now there's a differnce maker !!!

Pffffffttttttt.

So you're busting my chops on this one because you've somehow deluded yourself that Glen Dorsey is now going to fall to the Bengals at #9?

Yeah, that's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

In my opinion you consider a player like Keith Rivers at #9 only if all of the better options are off the board and you're left to pick from prospects who either don't play a position of need or fit the description of Boom-or-Bust, like a Calais Campbell.

Calais ran poorly at the combine, as well

Just about to post about him. As was known, he is all about potential but he's really hurt his stock, imo. A 29" vertical. WTF Calais, WTF?

Might fall to the 2nd, IMO. His crazy good potential is nowhere near Cromartie of a couple of years and he went mid to late 1st round I think.

• 2 weeks later...
I just watched Gholston bench 225lb 37 times at the combine...if he has a remotely fast 40 I'm thinking our chances of getting him are vanishing quickly.

Gholston just had his pro day this afternoon. He ran a 4.58, and popped a 42 inch vertical leap. He said he could have ran maybe 4.5 but he tweaked his hamstring during the sprint a laid off a little.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/conte...ay.html?sid=101

I'd be just about equally happy with either of the two big DTs or Gholston....but I will still give the edge to a DT on the basis of need.

I really hope he talks with the Jet's DT are done....too much money for too little production....and yes, I know he was playing out of position last year