Would you be terribly upset if we drated McFadden?

icehole3

I still say our defensive needs dictate we skip McFdden even if he does fall to 9

In fact, if he falls to 9, we trade down to somebody salivating over the prospect of getting him, picking up a late 2 or early 3 in the process

With that kind of speed, there's no way he falls to 9. I would pencil him in at 3 to Atlanta.

Probably not, yeah, but stranger things have happened, somebody always drops, and he's got some off the field baggage that may make some teams shy away from him.

So I say "if" he drops to 9....and I still prefer other needs be addressed or a trade down even if he does...and mind yu, I am a BIG fan of speed. Just ask WhurChadAt for confirmation.

Probably not, yeah, but stranger things have happened, somebody always drops, and he's got some off the field baggage that may make some teams shy away from him.

So I say "if" he drops to 9....and I still prefer other needs be addressed or a trade down even if he does...and mind yu, I am a BIG fan of speed. Just ask WhurChadAt for confirmation.

Not to mention he had 23 fumbles in college and his legs aren't strong enough to run thru people... I'd prefer Kevin Smith myself later in the draft..

I'd only look at McFadden at #9 if there were a trade imminent...

This is a situation where you have to draft value over need. If these guys are gone

Chris Long

Gholston

Jake Long

Dorsey

Ellis

Then you have to take McFadden or trade the pick. You don't want to reach here. For the record, I don't like McFadden. I agree with Mike Mayocks scouting of him. Skinny legs, down on 1st contact. Mendenhall is a better back. Chris Johnson would be a great fit. We have to stay focused on how terrible our defense is though. That has to be the pick.

Put this in the One Man's Opinion file...a peek from draftdaddy.com's blog:

One of our sources in Indy, who watched the running backs workout at the RCA Dome, gives us some quick thoughts:

Darren McFadden ~ Arkansas -- He is a faster version of Eric Dickerson, but can't block anyone.

Jonathan Stewart ~ Oregon -- This Duck is the total package and he is a lot like Jamaal Lewis.

Ray Rice ~ Rutgers -- His production within the offensive tackles is unparrelled and that is the N.F.L.

Chris Johnson ~ East Carolina -- This speedster will make an quick impact because he is also a special teams ace.

Reshard Mendenhall ~ Illinios -- Powerful back, fits well in a throwing offensive. Would be a great fit in Arizona.

Steve Slaton ~ West Virginia -- He's is going to be a great slot RB/WR, ala Reggie Bush. Will fit nicely with the Chargers or Patriots.

Kevin Smith ~ Central Florida -- Former C-USA star possesses the best lateral jump step since Barry Sanders.

Mike Hart ~ Michigan -- His three cone performance shows you why he is good, even at 4.7 (bty, Emmit Smith ran a 4.7).

Hell no, I don't draft Mcfadden #9. Am I mistaken or once again was our offense in the top 10 and our defense close to last? We need to go defense the first 2 rounds. We have 5 RB on the roster now, if we need anything on offense it would be OL and TE. IMO RB are the most over-rated position in football. You get a good OL you make a descent/mediocre RB look great. Look at the Giants-Ahmad Bradshaw and the Packers-Ryan Grant, just off the top of my head, mediocre RBs behind good lines and look what they done. Then look at Denver, they can throw anybody in this forum in at RB and they can run for over 1,000 in a year. The OL makes the RB great, just ask Shaun Alexander.