hobs on Willie

Jonboat

I liked this article sounds like things are coming along for Willie. I'm not giving up on the guy yet he's tough as nails & wouldv'e started last year if his foot injury had been properly diagnosed but up till then he has been the most reliable player on the team. Andrews couldn't have a better mentor. I know many are pissed they signed him instead of Steiny but IIRC they talked with Steinbach first which pissed off Levi point being I believe we didn't let Steinbach walk he choose to leave. I'm also encouraged by the things ML has been saying to the team : http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6647

Too bad his cap # is a bit high and now Stacy is without a spot on the offensive line. It would be bad if Stacy rides the bench the enitre season because no one on the offensive line gets injured, and then chooses to leave. It is good to be deep at olineman, but when you pay Stacy all that money, he should be starting and not riding the bench.

Too bad his cap # is a bit high and now Stacy is without a spot on the offensive line. It would be bad if Stacy rides the bench the enitre season because no one on the offensive line gets injured, and then chooses to leave. It is good to be deep at olineman, but when you pay Stacy all that money, he should be starting and not riding the bench.

Did you just say it would be bad that there were no injuries on the offensive line? :o

I was saying that it would be bad if there were no injuries and Stacy rode the bench the entire season with $7million cap number. Of course no injuries to your starting oline would be great but also a detrement to Stacy's progression.

That's still borderline weird. IMHO It would be GOOD if there were no injuries, and Stacey played steadily in a backup role, then stepped in as a starter after one leaves for whatever reason. I cannot see how that's a detriment.

The odds on Stacy actually getting tagged by the deadline is probably pretty slim, IMHO. It would be a shocker to me if the organization actually does not work out a deal with the guy long term.

Then again, we are talking about the Bengals here.

I was saying that it would be bad if there were no injuries and Stacy rode the bench the entire season with $7million cap number. Of course no injuries to your starting oline would be great but also a detrement to Stacy's progression.

That's still borderline weird. IMHO It would be GOOD if there were no injuries, and Stacey played steadily in a backup role, then stepped in as a starter after one leaves for whatever reason. I cannot see how that's a detriment.

While it would be great for the O-line to stay healthy throughout the season, other areas of the team would suffer. $7MM in cap on one player not out on the field guarantees that.

However, the chances (not trying to jinx it) of even the Bengal FO not working out a long term deal are low, IMO.

I agree Stacy tag is high but say there is an injury what alternatives do they have Koostra,Keift is said to have potential but is always hurt. In the case of no injuries (knocking on wood) there was mention in another thread of possibly moving Williams to center so couldn't Stacy play guard or worse case he could give Willie a rest from time to time. Ideally they can get a long term contract done before the deadline but it still seems positives outweigh the negatives right now

The point I was trying to make was had Willie's foot been properly diagnosed he himself said he'd been able to treat it differently & would have been ready to play. The reason he was out for the majority of the season was due to his knee after taking a hit from a helmet so it seems it didn't have anything to do with age.

I also have been liking what ML has been saying this year about maybe looking for more of a pass catching TE but mainly making a commitment to running the ball & stopping the run he isn't standing pat by making changes so there is some positives it's not all doom & gloom in bengaldom.