Alge Crumpler now on the market

DDOGG

WTF were the Falcons thinking? Is he that much of a headcase? He's a five-time pro bowler, had a decent if not great season this year (none of their WRs did all that well, either, because their QBs all sucked).

So what's the deal? Are they hoping to re-sign him at a reduced rate if he clears waivers or something?

WTF were the Falcons thinking? Is he that much of a headcase? He's a five-time pro bowler, had a decent if not great season this year (none of their WRs did all that well, either, because their QBs all sucked).

So what's the deal? Are they hoping to re-sign him at a reduced rate if he clears waivers or something?

The Bengals should be on the phone with his agent right now, if I was Carson Palmer my butt would be on the phone with Marvin and Mike Brown demanding they consider bringing him in. The best case scenario other then us signing him would be for the Seahawks to sign him and maybe that would let Fred Davis slip to the second round where we can swoop in and pick him up. But guess what Marvin will say when pressed on this issue we are looking to sign our players and extend contracts first. Sean Salisbury went off on the Bengals yesterday on NFL Live even though he did not know what he was talking about with the Chad Johnson issue, he basically said the Bengals are cheap which is true, needs more scouts which is true, and that we needed to pay Chad Johnson which is bullcrap since he's the 4th highest paid receiver and just signed that contract a little less then two years ago. I know some people would disagree on signing Crumpler because again it would look like the Bengals are putting all there money toward the offense, but hey the true Bengals fans know they are not going to sign somebody of significance on the defensive side of the ball so why worry that they have spent more money on the offense. The other half will argue that we should put the money toward Stacy Andrews but I am already convinced that he will test the market and will receive a big pay day due to the lack of good tackles on the market this year, we can't match the offer that he will receive so he's basically gone unless we plan on cutting big Willie Anderson. I'm not a Justin Smith fan so I will not comment on giving him money since I am bias toward him. At least please show some interest in the man (Crumpler) to make the Bengal fanss think you guys are trying to improve the team.

The Falcs also released Marcus Wilkins today....I would welcome him back.....

:cheers:

I just looked at the list of the people that Atlanta released, knowing the Bengals they will go after Rod Coleman like he was the biggest free agent they released. The Bengals are a joke when it comes to free agency, but what's funny is that in five games Rod Coleman got to the quarterback as much as our Franchise Player in sixteen games, Justin Smith is lucky he's with this small market team they would boo him out of town in New York or Philadelphia. I know earlier I said I was not going to comment on him but I can't resist, he's a tackling machine but ten yards down the field is nothing special. I'm hoping Justin Smith and Bengals will make me eat my words this year but I doubt it.

I think it will take quite a bit of cash to get Crumpler. I doubt if the Bengals will be willing to give him what he wants, or even come close to it.

It's hard to believe the Falcons just released him, you would think they would be able to get something for him in a trade, unless there is something wrong with him (injury wise) that we don't know about.

From pro football weekly today...

Our source in Atlanta says that even after releasing seven players, including TE Alge Crumpler, on Feb. 15, the Falcons have plenty more cuts planned. We hear the Falcons didn't clear a considerable amount of cap space with the first round of cuts and will need to do more trimming to get to the $23 million mark owner Arthur Blank said he wants the team to have to spend. The most likely cap casualties are veterans RB Warrick Dunn, ORG Kynan Forney and WR Joe Horn, along with FS Jimmy Williams. In another cost-saving measure, word is MLB Keith Brooking could have his contract restructured, if he's not released. Surprisingly, it looks like QB Joey Harrington will be kept as insurance for next season. If Chris Redman is not re-signed by Feb. 29, Harrington will be the only quarterback on Atlanta's roster. Word is that much of the newly created cap flexibility will be used on the squad's nine draft picks and that it's unlikely GM Thomas Dimitroff will get involved in bidding wars for high-priced free agents.

Sheesh...are the Falcons going to keep anyone (besides Joey, that is)?????