Chad Johnson

El Tigere

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8065c58b

That one worked for me. Just the usual; I'm a victim.

2 things of note:

One, Steve Mariucci said he felt the Bengals, if they draft well defensively, could be right there in the playoff hunt next year. Chad scoffed, shook his head, and looked away.

Secondly, near the end of the interview, Chad awkwardly said your welcome for the visit to Eison. Then he said I could be here all next year, in a suit. They all said aw, come on. Chad said hey, I might have to hang 'em up, you never know.

That threat to retire is going to be a major play in Rosnehaus' strategy to get Chad moved. He brought it up in a way that didn't flow with the conversation at all. Very premeditated.

Finally, Chad gave a shout out to our probowl receiver, said he'd see him in Hawaii. Yup, Chad's going to the ProBowl! Even though he's not in the ProBowl, he goin'. They got cameras and microphones at the ProBowl, what else does he need?

CHAD FLIRTS WITH CHARLOTTE

Bengals receiver Chad Johnson continued to back-door campaign to get out of Cincinnati on Wednesday with a comment to Mark Packer of WFNZ in Charlotte.

Per multiple readers, Johnson addressed on "Primtime with the Packman" the possibility of teaming up with receiver Steve Smith.

"85 plus 89 equals Super Bowl," Johnson supposedly said.

Bengals And Chargers have had same record for past 3 years,Trade for steve smith? lol

I'm starting to wonder if chad's just fing with the media

You know what? I'm starting to wonder that myself. Perhaps out of not WANTING to believe he's mad and wants out, but mostly I don't know. It seems like a ploy. Like he or even he+bengals are just f'ing with everyones minds in the offseason. Especially when he throws out teams like Carolina and Miami. I don't know, just seems like if he was serious(as well as if his agent were serious) he'd be throwing shoutouts to N.E. or Dallas.

I'm starting to wonder if chad's just fing with the media

You know what? I'm starting to wonder that myself. Perhaps out of not WANTING to believe he's mad and wants out, but mostly I don't know. It seems like a ploy. Like he or even he+bengals are just f'ing with everyones minds in the offseason. Especially when he throws out teams like Carolina and Miami. I don't know, just seems like if he was serious(as well as if his agent were serious) he'd be throwing shoutouts to N.E. or Dallas.

attention_whore2.jpg

We all know hes playing next year. We cant deny that.

Of course he is Chris. We're just trying to determine where. Honestly I don't know, and what I find disturbing is a lack of commentary on this issue from Bengals HC Marvin Lewis. To me that only adds credence to the validity of these rumors.

You know what? At this point, I just really don't care.

From here on out I'm ignoring any headline and/or thread with Johnson's name in it unless it's about him actually being traded, or it's a part of a game recap for the first game next season.

Can you imagine if everyone else in the nation followed suit? I think the guy'd shrivel up and die. :rolleyes:

One, Steve Mariucci said he felt the Bengals, if they draft well defensively, could be right there in the playoff hunt next year. Chad scoffed, shook his head, and looked away.

Well, that would be about my reaction, too.

I bet if you were a starting player for the Bengals you wouldn't go on national television and share that reaction for your teammates to see.

I bet if you were a starting player for the Bengals you wouldn't go on national television and share that reaction for your teammates to see.

Nah. Too easy. Instead, I'd bring a laptop, play the youtube of Carson saying the team can't win with its current coaching staff, and say, "there's our leader."

Nah. Too easy. Instead, I'd bring a laptop, play the youtube of Carson saying the team can't win with its current coaching staff, and say, "there's our leader."

10 pts. for that response... I think coaching is the problem too.

No problem with that. Carson was saying what everyone around the Bengals believed, including the head coach. Coaching changes were needed. Marvin also voiced his desire for change, then actually made substantive changes to the coaching staff. Carson wasn't out stabbing his teammates in the back and biting the hand that feeds him. In fact, I'm guessing that everyone who follows the Bengals agreed with what Carson was saying.

So in your laptop statement you could follow up "there's our leader," with, "and I'd like to thank him for calling for changes that resulted in us acquiring a DC with a proven track record of success and a linbackers coach with a proven track record of success."

Central, when you're right your right. Though I think Carson might've meant a new OC. That will have to wait though I guess.

No, no Headless! Your cool with me bro! I was alluding to Ocho Cinco!

Ahh. I gotcha. No worries just making sure. ;)

Of course he is Chris. We're just trying to determine where. Honestly I don't know, and what I find disturbing is a lack of commentary on this issue from Bengals HC Marvin Lewis. To me that only adds credence to the validity of these rumors.

True, but really what can he say? He already came out and defended Chad, Chad's not going anywhere, ect ect. Chad keeps talking. What else can he say? Keep coming out saying Chad stays? Marv knows. If Chad REALLY wants out? If it's not a mindgame and Chad truly wants outa Cincy? Marvin has to do it. Chad will pull a Moss next year and not produce until he's traded. Words will do no good. You gotta figure out what you want then prepare to trade him off.

Ooops replied to soon...

Not in public though. Besides IMO Steve is right. Cincy is an 8-8 team. 7-9 this year with a truckload worth of problems. IF Marvin drafts and drafts well we could make the playoffs again next year. Win them? Probably not, but at least make it. Even as a wildcard.

love the guy.

but he is an idiot.

marvin lewis' one regret over corey dillon was that he couldnt get him to buy into the fact that they had an organization with the potential of being a super bowl team...

hes going to say that again if CJ leaves. his last interview on NFL Network made it OBVIOUS that he doesn't buy into anything the franchise is doing.

marriuci: "you could be here this time next year"

CJ: "Who.. us? pfff"

chad made it clear that he wants to win and for whatever reason he doesnt think Cincinnati even has the talent to win any more

marriuci: this is a building team

CJ: how can we be building when we were 11-5 two years ago and regressed since then.