I'm feeling left out

jjakq27

I have grown weary of Chad over the last two seasons. It appears to be very difficult to get across to this guy how his self centeredness can affect the team. I can only imagine what it's like in that locker room all day long.

The sad part is that he can't see it. While he might not be the entire problem his actions and words certainly don't help this team sometimes.

I compare him to guys like Rich Braham, Willie Anderson, Tim Krumrie, Boomer Esiason, James Brooks, ANthony Munoz and David Fulcher. Tough guys. Leaders. Team players. Grinders that just play ball. Guys that play with injuries. Guys that play because they truly love the game. He pales in comparison to men like that.

I expect a guy nearing his 30th birthday to have a little different perspective than he does but when I hear him speak it's as if he feels that he is owed a Super Bowl. There are quite a few of us that have been in that line before he was even born. Some of the greatest players ever never won a Super Bowl, so sorry Chad there is no guarantee no matter how great you are (or think you are).

Maybe if Chad does get that Super Bowl trophy someday, the Shark will help him hold it aloft after the game.

I'm slipping Paul Daugherty's latest into this thread for two reasons. One, because like everything else he writes....it's worthless. And two, because this seems like the best spot for that sort of thing.

Sorry sweetie.

Y-A-A-A-W-N

Oh, sorry. I was just reading/listening to the latest 85 Trade Me rant. Dunno if he's putting us on. Dunno if he's serious. Dunno if he needs the attention. Dunno if the hand running up the back of his shirt and into his jaw belongs to D. Rosenhaus. Dunno why he has to keep saying this stuff. Message received, several messages ago.

Here's all I know:

He has a contract that keeps him here for several years.

Mike Brown loves him. Is not in favor of trading him.

Marvin has said 85 isnt going to be traded.

Which leads me to believe he'll be here next year, and so on.

Maybe he'll hold out. Maybe he'll ask for his deal to be re-done. Good luck.

Here's something else:

Receivers arent hard to find.

Receivers and running backs are often not much better than those throwing to them or blocking for them. How was Wes Welker pre-Tom Brady?

With 85 and TJ, the Bengals won 7 times playing an easy schedule. Unless 85 can rush the passer or be the next Ray Lewis, they'll probably win 7 with him again next year.

It's long past amusing listening to 85 bang the spoon on the high chair. If he stays, great. He's a lot of fun to watch. If he goes, well, whatever. It's the easiest position to fill in the league.

posted by Paul Daugherty at 3:58 PM

I'm slipping Paul Daugherty's latest into this thread for two reasons. One, because like everything else he writes....it's worthless. And two, because this seems like the best spot for that sort of thing.

Sorry sweetie.

Gee, Hair, thanks. :wacko:

I thought about merging all of the "Chad said..." threads in to one giant pile of dung but figured that I am just wasting my time. Then I saw the thread about ArmyBengal coming home. And it put alot of things into perspective.

Since the NFL is going global these days maybe the Bengals should hold training camp in Afghanistan or some other hotspot and give these pu**ies a taste of what hardship is all about.

Thanks AB for being there!

I thought about merging all of the "Chad said..." threads in to one giant pile of dung but figured that I am just wasting my time. Then I saw the thread about ArmyBengal coming home. And it put alot of things into perspective.

Since the NFL is going global these days maybe the Bengals should hold training camp in Afghanistan or some other hotspot and give these pu**ies a taste of what hardship is all about.

Thanks AB for being there!

Chad knows what hardship is. Have you forgotten his epic trip to Kenya last year? He said the Chief told him they only need about a months notice to build Chad his own mud hut. He proclaimed that he would be going back soon to spend a week in his own hut. Chad waxed poetically about how great it was there, how folks appreciated every little thing they had. He admired that. The irony was nuclear.

Here's another tidbit from ole' goldteef:

CHAD FLIRTS WITH CHARLOTTE

Bengals receiver Chad Johnson continued to back-door campaign to get out of Cincinnati on Wednesday with a comment to Mark Packer of WFNZ in Charlotte.

Per multiple readers, Johnson adressed on "Primtime with the Packman" the possibility of teaming up with receiver Steve Smith.

"85 plus 89 equals Super Bowl," Johnson supposedly said.

I'm trying to figure out what to say here. This dude has isolated himself now to the very fans that provide his salary, his fame and his lifestyle. I've always liked Chad alot, and even drunkenly shook his hand on the streets of Cinci at 3 in the morning. I just don't understand what the guy is thinking, unless his ego is just that damn big?

I'm trying to figure out what to say here. This dude has isolated himself now to the very fans that provide his salary, his fame and his lifestyle. I've always liked Chad alot, and even drunkenly shook his hand on the streets of Cinci at 3 in the morning. I just don't understand what the guy is thinking, unless his ego is just that damn big?

I think the problem is actually that his ego is that damn fragile. Otherwise, he wouldn't strain his uterus every time somebody says something about him.

Could be, DC. He sure as hell doesn't realize these same frustrations he feels about losing are being felt by the rest of his team. Dude, we all want to be a regular in the playoffs with 11-5 seasons and a superbowl win. Fans and your teammates alike. You're not the only one with that desire Chad.

Can you imagine this idiot if ever actually did go to a Super Bowl? He'd be more concerned with getting as much attention as he could all week, making predictions, getting on every station he could, practicing TD dances he'd never use, hell he'd never have time to watch film or practice hard. Then the first time something went wrong on the field he'd blow it out of proportion, pouting and stomping on the ground and crying, calling out his teammates, and distracting everyone in the locker room at half time instead of preparing for the 2nd half.

I wouldn't be suprised if the league comes down on him soon for generally being a malcontent, and a distraction to the game on Sunday, by fining or warning him. He's getting close to that.

There's no way the NFL can be happy about a player using SB media week to direct as much attention to himself as possible and stating his unhappiness with the management of a franchise, and lobbying for other teams to court him.

I can appreciate him lobbying the Bengals' to spend more $ or make a better effort to win, that's pretty much a constant here with great players who play in Cincinnati for any period of time, but the way he goes about it is ridiculous.

His act is old, stale, not funny any longer, and annoying.

I'm not sure why anyone would want him on their team, ecspecially for the asking price.

Two things came to mind after I read your post, Shula.

The Bengals cut Lee Johnson after he made an offhand comment about the team's management in 1998(?). The other thing was that you left out Chad spending part of the Super Bowl game in the locker room getting an IV.

I'm feeling left out, My very own Chad thread

I'm sorry, I guess we didn't have your back.

Would a new contact with a sizeable signing bonus help? :-)

The only one who has my back around here is Billy. Then maybe Kirk. But that's it.

No new contract for old two-o seven-o. I have already been talking to Brad Johansen and Mark Curnutte about getting outta here and getting on their blogs.

JJ, Mark or Brad = Super Bowl baby!

Can you imagine this idiot if ever actually did go to a Super Bowl?

It boggles the mind. Really, it is just hard to contemplate the lengths he would go to trying to be the center of every story for every media outlet.

Some might even say it bojangles the mind, ehhh?

Not a Jason Whitlock reference! See Jason below "researching" his next column. Cow on cow crime - never pretty.

whitlockdown.jpg

"ZZZZZZZZ" - Jason

"Ghuuuuggghhh. Moooommmfffftt!" - The leather couch.