Favorite Books

i was just curious how many readers we had on here, and what are some of your favorite books, my top two books are 1984 by Orwell and the Great Gatsby by Fitzgerld (not quite sure how to spell it)

Ah books, I remember those...

I used to read all the time, but time is rather scarce at the moment.

I love fantasy books, and sci fi...But at the minute I'm reading The Pragmatic Programmer...The scary thing is I like it :ph34r: .

Damn, I sound like such a geek. :P

Man, I can't figure out which one I like. I guess since I read a very wide variety of subjects (such as sports, political, science-fiction, and history) I can't determine which one I like the most. I will say my favorite the past year or two is Band of Brothers. It's a great movie, but a better book.

Man, I can't figure out which one I like. I guess since I read a very wide variety of subjects (such as sports, political, science-fiction, and history) I can't determine which one I like the most. I will say my favorite the past year or two is Band of Brothers. It's a great movie, but a better book.

You need to have variety in your books ... just like you need to have variety in your diet.

Really liked Martian Chronicles ............. Almost everything Stephen King has written. Everything I've ever read by Micheal Chricton ( sp ) ....... Jules Verne ( read them to my kids ) ... Tom Clancy.

And everybody can bust my butt on this one, but when I was laid up I read all 5 Harry Potter books. I know they're directed towards kids, but they get invovled and they are entertaining and that's what books are supposed to be.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Good choice ! .............. Great choice actually. Did you see the program about Tolkien on ( I think ) the Discovery Channel ???? Guess a lot of what he had to say about dedication to duty and the sense of comradeship was based on his experiences in WW I.

I thought the program was great, but it put my wife to sleep faster than warm milk. B)

Right now reading is a luxury.

Being a chef

you're a chef? Do you tailgate at Bengals Games?

man im hungry right now....

Wish I could make it to more games.

Wonder what the chances are of becoming a team chef.

I had the oppurtunity once to chef for some Indy drivers once, but, didnt take the job.

Got offered a restaurant in Ohio, that was a bust. :(

Right now reading is a luxury.

Being a chef

you're a chef? Do you tailgate at Bengals Games?

man im hungry right now....

Wish I could make it to more games.

Wonder what the chances are of becoming a team chef.

I had the oppurtunity once to chef for some Indy drivers once, but, didnt take the job.

Got offered a restaurant in Ohio, that was a bust. :(

A mans ability and willingnes to cook has got to be one of the most underrated attractions for feamles that there is. You can have a nice car ..... a fancy apartment ..... and be a silver tongued devil, but if you cook her a really good dinner and then clean up the kitchen, you better leave the rest of the night open Cause you are going to be Busy.

Closest thing to a true aphrodisiac there is B)