Bengalszoners Party - 2008 ??

Scottishbengal

Ask any fighter what a rear naked choke hold is, or watch a little UFC... No homo here pal.

All,

We should definitely do some tailgating as a group, even if we all have seperate seats we can go our own way. Tailgating is where its at... I'd like to meet some of you guys in person. You'd be surprised, my personality doesn't reflect my image on here whatsoever! Plus, I can throw it down with a deep fryer and grill... Good times.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been one thing I think has lacked here. A get together of some sort. Even if my Military schedule keeps me from being in attendance, I think it would be cool if the members did some kind of get together. Whenever I HAVE come home, I have made the attempt to let people know where I was going to be or tried to link up, but I still have never met ANY of you guys. I just think it would be a good time meeting some of you guys and having more than a couple cold beverages then following that up with a Bengals win !!!

WHODEY !!!

What if we just setup a tailgate, bring the grill, cornhole, some TV's and get drunk and watch the game on a couple T.V.'s whereever we tailgate. I can bring a few T.V.'s and power inverters if anyone is interested. It's a lot cheaper to do this. If I pay for me and the wife and some of you turn out to be a**h***s that would suck being stuck there watching a game with you. :lmao:

Quit being a jackass TJ, its getting old dude. Comedy is definitely NOT your thing.

Dan, you got the right idea now man; Grillin' and Chillin' in the parking lot. I also have a power inverter and a transportable 32" LCD HDTV. With just a regular set of rabbit ears, you can pick up a crystal clear HD signal downtown. For those of you who haven't tailgated, all of the fun starts there! I'll bring my buddies (who are all cool, die-hard Bengals fans), some chicks, and a set of Bengals cornhole.

If tailgating is what you guys decide on, I'd suggest we do it early in the season, before it gets too cold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I'd be in for a gathering of some sort. Not sure about the $270.00 price tag, but open to ideas..as long as no one ever uses the term 'rear naked chokehold' on this forum again. :P

agreed :sure:

Tailgating is our best bet... If guys want to separate and go into the game, that's fine. We can get there early.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the schedule has been released, what is everone's thoughts about when to hold the BengalsZone party? My wife and I are very interested and would love to meet everyone. We live in the D.C. area and are willing to make the trip whenever it is. We really don't have a preferance as to when it is, but we do prefer a regular season game vice a pre-season game. But we are open to anything.

Well, I need to make it clear that no matter what date I prefer I may not be able to attend, as several things related to keeping my business open are out of my control. I won't bore you with the details, but here it is in a nutshell. I can better justify attempting to move Heaven and Earth for the chance to attend a football game IF the trip home allowed me to spend the holidays with my family. And yeah, I realize what works for me may not work for anyone else for the very same reasons. But there it is.

First choice: Sun., Dec. 28, KANSAS CITY*, 1 p.m. - Last game of the regular season. Perhaps a critical game that will determine whether the Bengals move on to the playoffs OR a chance to drown our sorrows after a 6-10 season of frustration. Either way I'd get a chance to kiss MomOnFire on Christmas morning.

Second choice: Sun., Nov. 30, BALTIMORE*, 1 p.m. - My best hometown buddy is a Raven fan and if I could convince him to tag along we could take turns beating him up during the party/game. He's a great guy, but a terrible fighter. :lol:

Regardless, we are talking about a party, right? And a home game against the Ravens represents a better than average chance for a happy time victory. As a bonus, a trip planned around this game would allow me to kiss MomOnFire on Thanksgiving morning.

Hmmmm... this should be interesting...

Hair, I know wants the get together to be late in the season, however if we are talking about tailgating, it might be better to do that while the weather is warmer and the ladies are wearing less... plus, there seems to be more excitement on the possibility of a good season early on, so more folks would be tempted to come.

but...

If we are in the race come November, that would be enticing enough to bring in even more 'zoners to party like it's 1988..

So I think we ought to take a consensus at some point in the next month or two.

For now, in my opinion, I'm thinking either:

Early season stains game: Sun., Sept. 28, CLEVELAND, 1 p.m

Mid season stealers* game: Sun., Oct. 19, PITTSBURGH, 1 p.m.

OR

Late Season Rats game: Sun., Nov. 30, BALTIMORE*, 1 p.m

End of year celebration or drink the sorrows away game: Sun., Dec. 28, KANSAS CITY*, 1 p.m.

What say you?

Hmmmm... this should be interesting...

Hair, I know wants the get together to be late in the season, however if we are talking about tailgating, it might be better to do that while the weather is warmer and the ladies are wearing less... plus, there seems to be more excitement on the possibility of a good season early on, so more folks would be tempted to come.

but...

If we are in the race come November, that would be enticing enough to bring in even more 'zoners to party like it's 1988..

So I think we ought to take a consensus at some point in the next month or two.

For now, in my opinion, I'm thinking either:

Early season stains game: Sun., Sept. 28, CLEVELAND, 1 p.m

Mid season stealers* game: Sun., Oct. 19, PITTSBURGH, 1 p.m.

OR

Late Season Rats game: Sun., Nov. 30, BALTIMORE*, 1 p.m

End of year celebration or drink the sorrows away game: Sun., Dec. 28, KANSAS CITY*, 1 p.m.

What say you?

The best weather is in late September and early October so that would be my suggestion. The Cleveland game would be a good choice.

BTW, does anyoneknow when Octoberfest is this year? I think it is usually the third weekend in September. That ususally brings in a "well lubed" crowd too.

My situation has changed and I won't be back in Cincinnati until the Christmas timeframe... Oh well...

Stand down and rest easy soldier as the Kansas City game is December 28th. That's directly in your killzone.

That would be cool... It could be the 1st Annual Bengalszone Christmas Party !!!

I would be there for that one !!!

WHODEY !!!

What if we just setup a tailgate, bring the grill, cornhole, some TV's and get drunk and watch the game on a couple T.V.'s whereever we tailgate. I can bring a few T.V.'s and power inverters if anyone is interested. It's a lot cheaper to do this. If I pay for me and the wife and some of you turn out to be a**h***s that would suck being stuck there watching a game with you. :lmao:

I'm still down for partying guys!