PFT: BRESH FIRED!!!

HoosierCat

According to Curnutte in today's paper, Ryan will be interviewing for the Atlanta job soon. He says that the Bengals are willing to wait to see how that shakes out. If he doesn't get the job they want to interview him for our vacancy. Therefore there probably won't be a decision made until later next week.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/801050413/

Chuckie says he tried to get the Bengals to take more of an interest in the defense but was unable to make that change happen. Is he talking draft picks, extending contracts, getting FAs?

I will point to his soft zone coverages and ease at which teams were able to score before half-time this year as a big part of his downfall regardless of the front office issues.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/801050413/

Chuckie says he tried to get the Bengals to take more of an interest in the defense but was unable to make that change happen. Is he talking draft picks, extending contracts, getting FAs?

I will point to his soft zone coverages and ease at which teams were able to score before half-time this year as a big part of his downfall regardless of the front office issues.

I will once again point to the salary cap allotment philosophy via Mike Brown, that doesn't pay for defense outside of the recent DE signings, the poor drafting of defensive players for so long, and inability to find good players in middle rounds on defense...and those they do find they let go of too easiliy (Toeiana, Gregg, Von Olhoffen et al..,). And of course they do not use Free Agency for anything more than rounding out their bottom roster depth and special teams bodies.

Whether Bam Bam is a poor coordinator or not, and I assume he is as he can't keep a job, he's just stating what any other D-coordinator would after coaching here I guess.

You won't get paid or re-signed here if you're any good, unless you're a OT, QB, WR, RB or DE.

I will once again point to the salary cap allotment philosophy via Mike Brown, that doesn't pay for defense outside of the recent DE signings, the poor drafting of defensive players for so long, and inability to find good players in middle rounds on defense...and those they do find they let go of too easiliy (Toeiana, Gregg, Von Olhoffen et al..,).

I agree with the first parts, and nothing else. Currently, eight of the Bengals twelve highest salaries are for offensive players and the imbalance may actually get worse as three of the four defenders may not be with this team next season. As for the players named above, none of those players were highly drafted or highly paid...including by the teams that signed them after leaving the Bengals.