New coaches/New OC/other changes?

KRUNKJUICE

It'll never happen, but I can dream, cant I?

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/08/Bucs/Ass...waiting_w.shtml

The contracts of about two dozen members of the coaching and football support staff are set to expire, including that of defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

By far, the biggest concern for the Bucs is locking up Kiffin, who is among the league's highest-paid coordinators at $1.7-million per year. The Bucs improved from 17th overall in defense to second this season despite not having a single Pro Bowl player.

Gruden said he expects Kiffin to return to the Bucs.

"I hope so," Gruden said. "Again, there's a lot of things that have to be worked out as you know. But Monte Kiffin is a great friend, a great coach and a hell of a leader."

Sigh. Yeah, I know, Mikey will never pony up the kind of coin it'd take to get Kiffin. But like I said, I can dream, can't I?

Sigh. Yeah, I know, Mikey will never pony up the kind of coin it'd take to get Kiffin. But like I said, I can dream, can't I?

I doubt it comes down to coin. Kiffen has been courted by numerous teams in the past and has always made it clear that he's very reluctant to leave Tampa Bay. Perhaps that's changed, as anything is possible, but I sort of doubt it. Kiffen has only gotten older, which normally means even more reluctance to pull up roots, and he's got his defense performing at a high level again.

Another name I'd be interested (floated earlier this week by Lapham) is Dom Capers, who got the boot in Miami. Again there's a money issue tho, I think he was making more than Marvin as Miami's DC...

I would be interested in Capers. I think he is one of those guys that has a good reputation as a DC but probably will never be real successful as a HC.

Also, did the league change the rule about interviewing candidates from teams still in the playoffs? I noticed Jason Garrett's name with the Baltimore job. I thought they did but I can't remember.