New coaches/New OC/other changes?

KRUNKJUICE

I suggest we hire Marty Schottenheimer head coach, Mike Martz offensive coordinator, Rex Ryan defensive coordinator. What do you guys think?

Mike Martz, meh... I'd like to see Mora Jr as Def. Cord. He's a great DB coach, our young secondary would benefit tremendously from Mora as a DC... Marv's our HC.

After that being said I wouldn't mind a Marv/Martz/Mora or a Marv/Martz/Ryan either.

Brat's earned "at least" a year to come up with some new looks on offense and turn it around. He needs some additional players. They're stuck with Alexander as a weak link IMO, and will have to pry him out of Mike Brown's cold, stiff ass before they can get rid of him though it seems.

Successful o-coordinators with their own schemes don't grow on trees. And I'm suprised he isn't being courted by others right now. Maybe the 2 down years in a row have cooled off his market value. That said I'm sure if he doesn't have a playoff caliber offense after next year, he may be the next one gone. Right now injuries and bad draft and personnel decisions have not helped him at all, assuming he's not the one making them.

They're stuck with Alexander as a weak link IMO,

Agreed,Drop alexander and hire willie as the Oline coach lol.

If you are going to hire a former player as a line coach it better be Braham

I'd start with No. 78 before I'd go any further.

They're stuck with Alexander as a weak link IMO,

Agreed,Drop alexander and hire willie as the Oline coach lol.

If you are going to hire a former player as a line coach it better be Braham

I'd start with No. 78 before I'd go any further.

A lot of the players on the team now know Braham and Braham knows the system much better than Munoz. Don't get me wrong, Munoz is an all-time great lineman, BUT Braham would be the better fit here at this time. Shoot if they got in a pinch maybe they could talk him out of retirement for a game! ^_^

Since Palmer said that he didn't think that the coaching could turn it around and since Palmer is an offensive player I would assume that Palmer must have been referring to some other coach or coaches.

Could it be that the Bresnahan / Hundley firing was just the beginning, does anyone have any ideas as to other coaching changes that may happen?

Since Palmer said that he didn't think that the coaching could turn it around and since Palmer is an offensive player I would assume that Palmer must have been referring to some other coach or coaches.

Could it be that the Bresnahan / Hundley firing was just the beginning, does anyone have any ideas as to other coaching changes that may happen?

Rumors are that Carson doesn't care for Zampese...

Rumors are that Carson doesn't care for Zampese...

I thought that Zampese was a favorite. Do you think that it's likely that Carson will have a new QB coach next year?

did i miss something? what has bob brat done wrong?

i hope you are kidding, what has he done wrong? how about what has he done right!

I try to give the guy a break. Having a crappy O-line (especially early in the year), RB with a busted wheel, and a #1 receiver who runs the wrong route or drops the ball half the time has to be frustrating and tough to control. I mean, you have powerful weapons especially at WR but you don't know what's going to happen - great catch, easy drop, or INT from a busted route. Probably like trying to steer a car with a busted tie rod. Where's it going? Who knows?

I'm not so sure it's Brat's fault. That said, we could have Martz! Whaddya think fellas???

I'm not so sure it's Brat's fault. That said, we could have Martz! Whaddya think fellas???

I think that if you believe this O is pass-happy under Brat...if we get Martz, you ain't seen nothing yet! I would estimate our annual run/pass ratio at roughly 900 pass attempts/100 rushes. :P

It looks like Brat is staying. He really isn't a bad OC, but the playbook is way stale. We've seen everything they run 5,000 times -- and so has the rest of the league. Brat needs to focus this offseason on injecting some creativity into the playbook.

As for the offensive assistants, the only guy I'd be upset about losing would be Jim Anderson.

i disagree about brat, the man cannot game plan worth a damn. brat has no ideal what ball control is, he does not make adjustment in games when his plan is not working. it seems to me that he has about 20 plays, that he runs all the time. brat has no creativity, play action is non existent on this team. he always forgets about the running game, i mean we get down by 3 he starts chucking the ball 20 yards down field. even when we are running the ball effectively, brat goes away from it.

then, as for bringing in someone else, i would have no problem with that. carson is a damn good qb who i believe would have no problems adjusting to a new OC. like marvin and a lot of people agree, things have got very stale around here and a fresh, new young mind would only be a benefit. why wait till next season lets get this thing started now. carson and crew are not getting any younger, so why drag out the same old bs with brat. stop bring in other teams cast off's time to infuse some fresh young coaches on this staff.

The Bengals first of all should have fired bob brat and replaced him by promoting ken zampese....but anyways the two coaching spots that are open i think the Bengals should hire former linebacker of ohio state and the bengals Steve Tovar as linebackers coach.....and a real easy choice at defensive coordinator Rex Ryan