Tracking the Mocks

HoosierCat

I'm not sure which I'd prefer if the choices are: Rivers / Laws or Ellis / Henderson. Probably the latter, because LB is easier to fill late than DT.

Obviously, Dorsey / Groves isn't getting much play . . . .

Laws in the second looks increasingly like a pipe dream. If we end up going with Rivers in the first, I'm OK with the scenario that just played out for kirkendall over at mockingthedraft.com: Rivers/Pat Sims.

Oh, BTW DD, since I already crushed Hair's soul I thought I'd get to work on yours. Click here to have your soul crushed. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, BTW DD, since I already crushed Hair's soul I thought I'd get to work on yours. Click here to have your soul crushed. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

7. New England Patriots (via SF) TRADE to Cincinnati Bengals: LB Keith Rivers

* Source: (14 April 2008) Shawn Zobel writes, "New England could move back into the teens and look for a cornerback."

* Source: (14 April 2008) Shawn Zobel follows up, "Cincinnati feels that they could be in trouble if Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, and Keith Rivers are off the board by #9 overall. They feel like they may need to trade up to land one of their guys."

* Source: (11 April 2008) Matt Mosley notes, "In draft rooms across the league, Rivers has quietly made his way up the board."

* Source: (9 April 2008) Shawn Zobel writes, "The three players that the Bengals are targeting are Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, and Keith Rivers. They are also reportedly willing to trade up if they have to in order to secure one of their guys."

:lol::lol::lol:

Crap. cRap. crAp. craP.

Do we really want to lose a 3rd rounder, especially this year? Someone equivalent to a Matt Forte, Jordy Nelson, John Graco, Ahtayba Rubin, or Marcus Howard?

We have way too many holes to fill to get to the promised land.

Just to give further credence to the above post (& because I don't give a s**t about Chad's little melodrama), I am listing the 91st through 100th pick in PFW. These would, if PFW had it exactly right, and there was never a reach, all be available towards the end of the 3rd round.

Rank PLAYER NAME , SCHOOL ( POS ) HGT / WGT ; .. 40 TIME

91 ) John Carlson , Notre Dame ( TE ) 6/5 / 251 ; .. 4.88

92 ) Chilo Rachal , Southern Cal ( OG ) 6/5 / 315 ; .. 5.16

93 ) Josh Barrett , Arizona State ( SS ) 6/2 / 223 ; .. 4.34

94 ) Jordy Nelson , Kansas State ( WR ) 6/3 / 217 ; .. 4.51

95 ) John Greco , Toledo ( OT ) 6/5 / 305 ; .. 5.31

96 ) Jeremy Thompson , Wake Forest ( DE ) 6/5 / 264 ; .. 4.75

97 ) Mike McGlynn , Pittsburgh ( OG ) 6/4 / 311 ; .. 5.38

98 ) Jason Jones , Eastern Michigan ( DE ) 6/5 / 273 ; .. 4.76

99 ) Kevin Smith , Central Florida ( RB ) 6/1 / 217 ; .. 4.58

100 ) Ahtyba Rubin , Iowa State ( DT ) 6/3 / 315 ; .. 5.2

There isn't a player on this list that wouldn't help the Bengals !!!

Well, that's it for another year, folks. Boards are being locked down, so here's the final Bengalszone Big Board update. In the first round, Sedrick Ellis is still the runaway favorite, but Rivers, Harvey and Mendenhall have all gained steam. That's largely because NO is widely expected to trade in front on us -- with the Pats or Baltimore -- to grab Ellis before he falls to us.

Notable among those who believe that Ellis won't make it to 9 for one reason or another are SI's Don Banks (RB Jonathan Stewart), Curnutte (Rivers), The DMN's Rick Gosselin (Harvey), TSXs Rob Rang (Harvey), and internet draft gurus Walter Cherepinsky of walterfootball.com (Rivers), Al Fronczak of eastcoastsportsnews.com (Mendenhall), and Colin Lindsay of gbnreport.com (Harvey)

Here's the breakdown:

DT Sedrick Ellis 71 (+2)

LB Keith Rivers 18 (+4)

DE Derrick Harvey 8 (+5)

RB Rashard Mendenhall 7 (+4)

DE Vernon Gholston 4 (+1)

DT Glenn Dorsey 4 (-5)

CB Leodis McKelvin 2 (no change)

OT Ryan Clady 2 (no change)

In the second round, all consensus has collapsed. Maryland LB Erin Henderson, one the leader with 8 votes, has crumbled and at this point there are almost as many names as there are selections. Enjoying a late surge is Penn State LB Dan Connor, once a popular first-round pick for the Bengals. Seems unlikely he will fall to us, but stranger things have happened.

LB Dan Connor 4 (+4)

DT Dre Moore 4 (+2)

RB Ray Rice 3 (+2)

DT Pat Sims 3 (+1)

DT Trevor Laws 3 (no change)

DE Lawrence Jackson 3 (no change)

LB Curtis Lofton 3 (-1)

LB Erin Henderson 3 (-5)

WR Jordy Nelson 2 (+2)

S Tyrell Johnson 2 (+2)

RB Chris Johnson 2 (+1)

DE Quentin Groves 2 (+1)

LB Jared Mayo 2 (-1)

LB Cliff Avril 2 (-2)

Second round selections by notable experts include Rob Rang's pick of RB Kevin Smith, Pete Schrager of Fox with S Tyrell Johnson, the Sporting News War Room with OT Tony Hills, Cherepinsky with DT Dre Moore and Lindsay with LB Dan Connor.

The post draft wrap-up.

Number of mocks that got the first-round selection (Rivers) correct: 18 out of 127 tracked, or about 14%.

Number of internet draftnik mocks that named Rivers: 15 of 92, or about 16%.

Number of media mocks selecting Rivers: 2 of 27, or about 7%. (Note that includes Curnutte picking twice and choosing two different players!)

Number of Bengalszone member mocks that chose Rivers: 0 of 6. You guys stink. :lol:

Number of Official Bengalszone Mocks that chose Rivers: 1 of 1. Bring on Mel Kiper! :lol:

Number of mocks that correctly foresaw Jerome Simpson in round two: you're kidding, right? Zero.

Number of mocks that chose the right position, WR, in round two: 7.

Number of mocks that chose Rivers in the first and a WR in the second: 1 -- Scott Wright's NFL Draft Countdown. I guess he wins, eh? Worth noting that he also had the right positions in round 3, DT followed by WR, though he had us taking Dre Moore and Dexter Jackson with those picks. So props to Scott!

Number of mocks that chose a guy in the second that we took in another round: 7 -- 3 took Sims, 3 took Caldwell, 1 took Collins.

Number of Bengalszone member mocks that chose Rivers: 0 of 6. You guys stink. :lol:

Uhhhh, I picked him in HairBrained Mock V.2. In the earlier version I mocked Ellis to the Bengals but as time passed it became clear that wasn't going to happen.

That you did, but this just tracks performance from the BZ mock draft database, and only guys who posted at least a full first round mock got added.