Bengals have tough road in 2008/AFC North

membengal

Playing the AFC South and NFC East.

That means six playoff teams with the only two non-playoff teams 8-8 Houston and Philly squads. Ouch.

At the least, we ain't the Steelers. Their two AFC opponents from the West and East due to their schedule? The Pats and Chargers. That means their "easiest" games, by record, will be against the Ravens and Bengals, nasty divisional games.

Schedule for 2008

HOME

Pittsburgh…..10-6

Cleveland…...10-6

Baltimore……5-11

Indianapolis…13-3

Tennessee……10-6

Kansas City….4-12

NY Giants……10-6

Philadelphia….8-8

AWAY

Pittsburgh…..10-6

Cleveland…...10-6

Baltimore……5-11

Jacksonville…11-5

Houston…….. 8-8

NY Jets………4-12

Dallas………..13-3

Washington…..9-7

That’s a .547 winning percentage (140-116)

- Combined 70-58 both home an away

– Buffalo had the toughest for this year (2007) at .537

- I may have reversed some Home & Away Games

- We get the toughest div in the NFC - the East

- We get the toughest div in the AFC - the South

- 3rd place teams are the Chiefs and the Jets

Mods, you may as well merge my previous AFC North thread with this one.

It's a hellish schedule for ALL the AFC North teams, not just the Bengals. In fact, it is appreciably more hellish for the Steelers than Cincy. Still different parts of hell, though.

Mods, you may as well merge my previous AFC North thread with this one.

It's a hellish schedule for ALL the AFC North teams, not just the Bengals. In fact, it is appreciably more hellish for the Steelers than Cincy. Still different parts of hell, though.

Sorry, Mem - didn't see yours :blush:

Again, it's equally awful for all AFC North teams, as each has to deal with the AFC South and NFC East.

It is much worse for Pittsburgh (SD and NE instead of KC and the Jets) and marginally worse for Cleveland (Buff and Denv instead of KC and the Jets). The only "break" is for Baltimore (Dolphins and Raiders as opposed to KC and the Jets) and it's not like their track record with Miami is so good...

To sum up, it is going to be hellishly brutal for all AFC North teams next season, and 9 wins might very well be enough to win the division...

Crappy part is, *this* was the year we got the easy schedule, outside of a handful of tough games. Dammit.

I'm not as worried about the NFC east next year being as good as it was this year. The Redskins are still a sham, and won't be smart enough to keep Todd Collins, handing the ball back to Jason Campbell, who is wildly inaccurate and makes a lot of untimely mistakes. The Giants could collapse at any time, Eli is never going to turn into a real star, Strahan's getting ancient and Amani Toomer couldn't catch a cold. Philly is a mess with the Reid situation and may not have a QB. The Cowboys should start going downhill without Parcells acquiring the talent, and Wade Phillips probably doesn't have two peaceful years before losing control of that powderkeg.

The AFC south could be very tough. Best thing we can hope for is Jacksonville to get a little injured (Fred Taylor seems a good candidate) and the Texans and Titans not to make the leap forward (which isn't a reach considering their QBs). Indy's probably not going anywhere.

At least we get the Jets and KC who aren't particularly good for 3rd place teams.

Ouch. We might not win a game on the road. Maybe the Jets....

Ravens, Texans, Giants and Jets. And the Cowboys if Romo brings his bimbo-of-the-month to the game! :lol:

Well with Billick going, the Ravens might not blow as much but yeah, we seem to have their number these last couple of years. Texans - who knows. I look at them sometimes and say wow, they can be very good and other times - they stink. But yeah, I've had a few shots we could win at least half the road games.

If we man up from what im seeing we can easily go to the play-offs in 2008.

Seeing as how the Ravens and Browns played this year we can easily win all four of those games next year. So as of those four were looking at 4-0. Now on to Pissburgh. We could possibly win both of those games as well next year, we had so many chances to beat them the last game but we didnt take control of them. So after those two were looking at my guess 5-1.

When it comes to the Jaguars, Texans, Titans, Jets, Eagles, Redskins, Chiefs, and the Giants, we can beat all of these teams as long as we can control the offense with our defense which I hope improves after the draft.

The only teams that I see troube with are Cowboys, Colts, and of course its always fun with Pittsburgh. But my prediction for next year.

Anywhere from

9-7 to 12-4

Who Dey!

The only teams that I see troube with are Cowboys, Colts, and of course its always fun with Pittsburgh. But my prediction for next year.

Anywhere from

9-7 to 12-4

Who Dey!

Don't worry my friend. Around every September we usually start a season predictions thread, and you can post your prognostication there, then get ready to stand by it come late December. Please note the members responses who did well then. They will be the ones who's lucid predictions will again ring true. B)

Funny how things can change so quickly... If you would have looked at the 2008 scedule at the end of last season, it didn't look that bad, but it's shaping up to be a pretty difficult road. Looking at it, if there are little changes to the organization, 8-8 would be about right... Sad...

WHODEY !!!