Chad runs out of bounds...again!

BengalChamps

Hoosier, while agree that Carson has been a big disappointment in certain areas this year, I can hardly call him the main issue. You said it yourself, get him a running game, a beter o-line, etc. and he gets better. Injuries have not helped us this year whatsoever and can see this improving next year. I still stand firm the a top 15 defense gets us into the playoffs. So maybe we just disagree on that. I will go a step further to say that regardless of what we do on defense, if Chuck is still here it will all be for not !!!

WHODEY !!!

Completely agree as far as Chuck... and as far as Chad, if his heart and/or bal*s were as big as his mouth he would be one hell of a player, but he drops waaaaaaaaaaaay too many balls and has Darnay Scott-ish alligator arms over the middle when he knows he is about to get hit...

Big Mouth + No Bal*s = oxymoron

There's what I think is an important point that's being missed here. Why would you run that kind of play in that kind of situation anyway. End of the game, trying to run out the clock for a W and you call a double reverse. Are you serious. And even though it worked out, there's so much more that could have gone wrong than right. I don't care whether he went out of bounds or not. Don't run that play in that situation EVER!!

Hoosier, while agree that Carson has been a big disappointment in certain areas this year, I can hardly call him the main issue. You said it yourself, get him a running game, a beter o-line, etc. and he gets better.

Very likely -- but you can also say that for just about any QB. What makes me single out Palmer is that I did not see him raise his game in the face of adversity. I saw a guy pressing, making mental mistakes, reverting to bad mechanics, etc. Whatever the issues are -- lingering knee problems (physical or mental), lack of confidence in the o-line, lack of a running game, whatever -- they need to be ID'd and fixed before next season. Otherwise, all the defensive drat picks in the world won't help this team.